• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just saying..
:pimp:

could have just said the clippers are stacked :lol:

I had to throw that in there for you :wink:

Saying one statement like that l isn't enough in this thread with all of our literary scholars. :lol: If I don't back up the statement with explanations I'll have a stampede of words run me to the ground, straight Mufasa style (rip :frown: )

Last edited:

I'm just saying..
pimp.gif

could have just said the clippers are stacked
laugh.gif
I had to throw that in there for you
wink.gif

Saying one statement isn't enough in this thread. If I don't back up the statement I'll have a stampede of words run me to the ground, straight Mufasa style (rip
frown.gif
)
that only applies to lakers related issues though

"clippers are stacked but wont win anything"

*everyone nods in agreement*

"clippers are fools gold"

*everyone nods in agreement*

no need to back up clippers related posts in here 
laugh.gif

if we did get cp3, do you guys really think kobe would step aside and let him run the offense? 

one of those guys would have to stand around while the other is doing work

cp3 is a good shooter. plus he is a lot more capable to do what they thought nash could have done. i wouldn't say run the offense completely but rather share the responsibility to run the offense a la rondo/pierce (expect rondo is pretty much useless in this case)

if we did get cp3, do you guys really think kobe would step aside and let him run the offense? 

one of those guys would have to stand around while the other is doing work

I wish we would have gotten the chance to see. $tern :smh: Despite his flopping, he's a pitbull and would have no problem turning down Bean if it's not the best option.

You’re sort of closing off part of the argument tho.

Yes, Kobe, LeBron, Wade, etc won as wing scorers leading teams to titles. Sure, great.

They also were great defenders.

Hence, Melo, a great wing scorer, has never once come close to winning a title. It’s not as simple as just saying “plug in scoring wing X, and that team will contend for a title.”

The whole PG thing, it’s not just about dribbling around like Nash would. Nash couldn’t defend Smush Parker.

Jason Kidd, Gary Payton, Parker, Rondo, John Stockton, CP3 can. They not only lead their offense, they are also the first line of defense, and really good at it too. They disrupt the other teams’ offense, just as much as they lead their own.

CP3 hasn’t won because A, he spent the first 5-6 years of his career in New Orleans, with David West his best sidekick. And B, he’s been in LA for just his 3rd year. The first two tied to VDN, which is the same as playing in New Orleans with just David West again.

Let Paul have a couple years with Blake, much like the Stockton-Malone duo, but now with Doc Rivers, and they will get a shot at least at contending. They may come up short, but it won’t be because Chris Paul can’t or didn’t do something. This year won’t be a good look for them, cuz GS, OKC, and then San Antonio is a helluva route. But again, look at that route. Steph, Russ, Parker. Either way, an elite PG is moving forward in the West, then it depends on if the Heat can get enough energy to stop that team and their PG.

Hence, Melo, a great wing scorer, has never once come close to winning a title. It’s not as simple as just saying “plug in scoring wing X, and that team will contend for a title.”

CP3 hasn’t won because A, he spent the first 5-6 years of his career in New Orleans, with David West his best sidekick. And B, he’s been in LA for just his 3rd year. The first two tied to VDN, which is the same as playing in New Orleans with just David West again.

its not like melo has had championship talent around him either.

but yes, defense is very important which is why i would love for the lakers to get someone like beverley (imo the perfect pg if he can knock down the 3)

you can get elite pg/wing defense without having to overpay for the playmaking 

just yesterday i read someone in the nba thread post "melo is a great scorer but he is a MAJOR reason why his teams fall short year after year" then "how can you blame cp3, he sets his teammates up and gets them easy shots"

Ford's Mock Draft 4.0:
Los Angeles Lakers - Julius Randle

Analysis: The Lakers have been eyeing Dante Exum and would be thrilled if he fell here. If he doesn't, they will have a tough decision to make here between Randle and Noah Vonleh. Vonleh might be a better fit in Mike D'Antonio's system. His Chris Bosh-like ability to spread the floor fits well with D'Antoni's preference for bigs who can shoot. But he's raw and probably not ready right now, whereas Randle is ready to come in and be a beast from day one. With the Lakers' entire front line heading into free agency this summer (including Pau Gasol, Chris Kaman and Jordan Hill), the Lakers are going to have a lot of needs up front.
The previous five picks:

Bucks - Wiggins
Sixers - Parker
Magic - Exum
Jazz - Embiid
Celtics - Gordon

Last edited:
beverley is one of those shane battier/dfish types. you can't stand watching them play against you but would probably love them if they were on your team.

battier and beverley is more annoying than reggie miller announcing but dfish is still a gawd :smokin

you may be talking about the bad boy pistons but looking at the 04 pistons, a team where the pg won finals mvp, no one on that team ever averaged more than 6 assists. but all their starters averaged at least 1.4 assists.

again, championship offences dont need a pure pg dishing out 10 assists per game because the offence creates shots for itself. billups won finals mvp because he was a score first pg that the lakers had problems defending all series 

The correlation between that 04 Pistons team and Bad Boys were the defense. Thats what it take to be the exception.

I wish I could type more but I am on my phone.

you may be talking about the bad boy pistons but looking at the 04 pistons, a team where the pg won finals mvp, no one on that team ever averaged more than 6 assists. but all their starters averaged at least 1.4 assists.

again, championship offences dont need a pure pg dishing out 10 assists per game because the offence creates shots for itself. billups won finals mvp because he was a score first pg that the lakers had problems defending all series 
The correlation between that 04 Pistons team and Bad Boys were the defense. Thats what it take to be the exception.

I wish I could type more but I am on my phone.
yeah of course, im just talking about the role of a championship PG offensively

obviously that 04 pistons offence didnt have to be legendary because they held the opponents to so few points

yeah of course, im just talking about the role of a championship PG offensively

obviously that 04 pistons offence didnt have to be legendary because they held the opponents to so few points

Of course.

I just typed a bunch of stuff and it erased before I could send :smh:

Ford's Mock Draft 4.0:
Los Angeles Lakers - Julius Randle

Analysis: The Lakers have been eyeing Dante Exum and would be thrilled if he fell here. If he doesn't, they will have a tough decision to make here between Randle and Noah Vonleh. Vonleh might be a better fit in Mike D'Antonio's system. His Chris Bosh-like ability to spread the floor fits well with D'Antoni's preference for bigs who can shoot. But he's raw and probably not ready right now, whereas Randle is ready to come in and be a beast from day one. With the Lakers' entire front line heading into free agency this summer (including Pau Gasol, Chris Kaman and Jordan Hill), the Lakers are going to have a lot of needs up front.
The previous five picks:

Bucks - Wiggins
Sixers - Parker
Magic - Exum
Jazz - Embiid
Celtics - Gordon

Celtics lookin at Gordon? Hmmm.

I bet they want Gordon because they would want to run at Love using their other picks. Rondo, Green, Gordon, Love, C, Sullinger+filler.

Them taking Randle does nothing for that, same as us getting Randle.

God I hate the ******* Celtics.

Yes, absolutely. Nash should have been shooting.

This new era of PG's coming in, has both abilities, and we will likely start to see them leading to chips in the next few years.

A Point Guard will never lead a team to championship in the traditional since.
Meaning as far as what the role of what a PG is suppose to be.

This new wave that you talk about coming in aren't point guards. They are just guards that can dribble really well that can score.

But a true Point Guard will never LEAD a team to a tilts simple because that's not the job they were meant to do.

In today's era I don't think there will be anymore point guards or shooting guards ...or Centers to be honest.
There's gonna be Guards & Bigs. That's it. Things are changing fast.

It's the way that the game is being officiated that has lead to dominant guard play

Exum is not a traditional PG right now. That size though he's got potential to be a great combo wing. Offensively and defensively.

Last edited:
We're most likely not going to be the 6 spot come draft day, IMO.

Judging by previous lotteries, teams move up and down frequently from their original position. I have a feeling we'll either move up a few spots or drop down one worse case scenario. Spare me the odds. It's just a gut feeling.

Last edited:
speaking of pgs, what exactly does exum do?

playmaker? scorer? plays defense?

I posted yesterday that he's not a PG. I am basing it off the film I've watched and seeing full games.

MIchael Carter Williams pretty much boosted his stock even though they dont really play the same.

He is a SG who is a willing passer. He is a slasher at this point due to an incosistent jump shot.

He does bring the ball up to start the offense, but he just doesnt have PG instincts.

I mean draft express breaks him down pretty well. One of the things they say he needs to improve on is just that.

If you're supposed to be a PG and one of your weakness is PG skills, I mean come on.

Dont get me wrong though, I like what he can do and what he could be. A SG who can initiate the offense (Harden, Kobe, DWade etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom