• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going completely off of highlight tapes and scouting vids - Exum's playmaking isn't that great. The highlights showed off his size and ability to penetrate which opened up passes to others.

i like that hes a bigger guard, from what i have read/seen he should be a solid player as long as hes not rubio when it comes to shooting

looking good is only half the battle, the important part is having the ball go in the basket

but i trust the lakers organization and coaching to handle that

The thing that worries me is that shot and court vision
How can you be a PG with low PG skills
Or an SG that can't shoot??
Everything else I have seen is off the charts. I guess it makes sense why he is projected so high. Such a mystery though.

The thing that worries me is that shot and court vision
How can you be a PG with low PG skills
Or an SG that can't shoot??
Everything else I have seen is off the charts. I guess it makes sense why he is projected so high. Such a mystery though.
no need for him to be steve nash or even curry in terms of passing

he seems like a bigger tony parker, great slasher hopefully he learns to make the right plays

always attack the defense but if help comes know where the open man is, no need for him to be running around setting everyone up

BTW, if that Ray Allen 3 doesn't go in, Tony Parker wins his 2nd Finals MVP, and 4th ring. And last year, it was his team, not Duncan's.

no need for him to be steve nash or even curry in terms of passing

he seems like a bigger tony parker, great slasher hopefully he learns to make the right plays

always attack the defense but if help comes know where the open man is, no need for him to be running around setting everyone up

I like that comparison! I'm not sure he could dissect a defense the way Tony did when he came in the league but that's a nice thought

And what's crazy about Parker is he didn't have a shot his first 6 years in the league and still nobody could guard the boy

BTW, if that Ray Allen 3 doesn't go in, Tony Parker wins his 2nd Finals MVP, and 4th ring. And last year, it was his team, not Duncan's.
score first pg, team didnt need him to set everyone else up the offence took care of that

More Randle analysis:
Randle could fall out of top five

Chad Ford's Top 100: No. 5
Strengths: Rebound%, Foul% | Weaknesses: 2-point%, Steal%, Block%
WARP projection: 1.7 (15th among top 100)
Comparables: Brandon Bass (96.1), J.J. Hickson (96.1), Al-Farouq Aminu (96.0), Spencer Hawes (95.8)

The analytics perspective

Kevin Pelton: While Randle improved over the course of the season, his WARP projection is still on the low side for a near-certain top-10 pick. Part of the issue, as I discussed with Chad Ford earlier this season, are his weak defensive numbers in terms of steals and blocks. The combination is a red flag about Randle's ability as a help defender.

Beyond that, Randle's offensive numbers have been merely good, not dominant. Translated to its NBA equivalent, his 50.1 percent 2-point mark is only average -- below average for a power forward -- and his turnover rate is also a concern. Randle was elite on the glass, but more was expected out of a possible No. 1 pick.

The scouting perspective

Amin Elhassan: Randle has a powerful physique that is mature beyond his 19 years of age, and uses it to his advantage to play "bully ball" in the paint. He plays with an unbelievable motor, giving third and fourth efforts in the paint, and converting offensive rebound opportunities at a high rate.

He doesn't have the greatest length, with a misleading wingspan of 6-foot-11 for his 6-9 height (misleading because at 8-9.5 feet, his standing reach is roughly the same as Andre Iguodala's, who's a 6-6 wing), but has a soft touch around the paint and manages to find a way to finish. Also, he has quick feet and likes to face up and attack off the dribble, and can either go around slower defenders or overwhelm and go through smaller ones. Despite this preference to play facing the basket, he struggles offensively outside the paint and has limited range on his jumper. He doesn't roll hard on pick-and-rolls, opting for pops or shallow rolls and then attacking off the dribble.

Randle is a tremendous defensive rebounder, corralling nearly a quarter of all opponent misses when he's on the floor. Plus, he has good lateral mobility which allows him to hold his own keeping guys in front of him, though he can struggle with any sort of complexity in opponent offenses (a great example would be the number of breakdowns switching on picks in the national title game). Also, he has a bad habit of ball-watching when guarding out in space, and can lose his man as a result.

Many have compared Randle to Zach Randolph because of the size similarity, left-handedness and aggression on the offensive boards and around the rim, but I don't like it for several reasons: Randolph has extraordinarily long arms, and a soft touch that extended well beyond Randle's range even at the same stage in his career. I see Randle's comparable a lot closer to Corliss Williamson, as an undersized, power big who can put the ball on the floor and attack.

The NBA front-office perspective

Chad Ford: Randle was billed as a potential No. 1 pick in the draft coming out of high school, and has stayed in our top five all season. He's a double-double machine blessed with unusual NBA strength and quickness. Plus, he's a beast on the boards, and uses his strength to create separation in the paint on the offense end.

NBA GMs are always looking for legit power forwards who can control the paint on both ends of the floor. Randle can do that given his body, and he should be able to come in and contribute from day one. For teams looking for an NBA-ready power forward, he's a very good option.

However, there are reservations. Randle was billed as a great shooter coming out of high school, but didn't show much of a perimeter game at Kentucky. He also seemed to struggle with length around the rim and doesn't have much of a right hand. Finally, as Pelton has pointed out, his effort defensively has been mediocre at best at times.

While I don't think he's in the mix for the No. 1 pick, he should go somewhere between No. 4 and No. 8 on draft night. The big question for him will be how he stacks up with two other power forwards on our board: Aaron Gordon and Noah Vonleh. Both are unique players, and some NBA teams like them even more than Randle. It may come down to workouts with those three.

Last edited:
:lol: I won't.

But I don't see Park as a score first PG. Rose-Russ are score first PG's. Parker is in between them, and CP3.

He still runs and sets the offense in motion, he just has the trust from Pop now to finish plays when he sees an angle.

He wasn't score first the previous 9-10 years, he just recently started getting more traction with the newer rules-lessening of Tim's game-Pop's trust, etc.

I would disagree, based on Duncan eating in Game 6 and he being the bigger name and Danny Green falling off the map, think Tim would have taken the MVP.

He was averaging 18 ppg 12 reb up until Game 6. Parker got hurt and was averaging 17 ppg and 7 assists

laugh.gif
I won't.

But I don't see Park as a score first PG. Rose-Russ are score first PG's. Parker is in between them, and CP3.

He still runs and sets the offense in motion, he just has the trust from Pop now to finish plays when he sees an angle.

He wasn't score first the previous 9-10 years, he just recently started getting more traction with the newer rules-lessening of Tim's game-Pop's trust, etc.
hes not the iverson type high usage score first pg. but when the spurs do use him its to put him in position to score

they have a bunch of other guys that are great scorers/passers/teammates so parker doesnt have to always be attacking like rose or russ, but the spurs are at their best when parker is attacking the defense and getting into the lane or hitting his mid range

Parker also won game 1 with LeBron guarding him, on the road.

Duncan's big game came in a loss. And he did nothing in games 2-3.

Duncan would have won them game 6 if not for Ginobli sabotaging the end. Parker didn't do anything in games 2 and 3 either...6 points and 12 points. You did say if Ray's shot missed. Duncan's biggest game would have been on the road in Miami to win the chip. 30 and 17.

Last edited:

Duncan would have won them game 6 if not for Ginobli sabotaging the end. Parker didn't do anything in games 2 and 3 either...6 points and 12 points. You did say if Ray's shot missed. Duncan's biggest game would have been on the road in Miami to win the chip. 30 and 17.

True, but they could have won game 7 too. I forgot Allen was game 6 and not 7.

Duncan missed the bunny in 7. :pimp:

Regardless, if the Spurs win, in 6 or 7 no way Duncan wasn't getting MVP. Similar to Kobe/Pau in 2010.

That's funny because Vegas had odds on Parker, the networks had Parker, Parker was their best player all season long, but yeah, no question. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom