• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobe and Randle don't need to purposely try to lose games... the team could still suck without them trying to.

Oh believe me i think the team is gonna suck if we don't make any changes... with that said i don't think their roster is gonna suck more than a potential 6-7 other teams who's FO & players are accustomed to TRYING TO LOSE

Mil, ORL, 76ers, Wolves, Kings, Jazz are all teams who's roster i think will be worse than ours and who's Front office has NO PROBLEM tanking.

Off the top of my head Mil, Orl, 76ers, Wolves, Kings, Jazz are ALL absolutely bad teams and are teams who have been actively trying to build through the draft and acquire more & more young picks.

And some of them have a chance to be decent this season.

Don't forget the Suns were supposed to be pure trash last year. It's hard to predict.

All of those teams also make horrible trades and FA signings.

Exactly

Totally different scenarios and franchises there.

You neglect the fact that KG getting to Boston had everything to do with Ray Allen agreeing to come, Pierce already being there, and far less to do with Rondo or Perk.

Spurs tanked for one season got TD but already had a great player in David Robinson. Unless you see Randle as a Duncan type talent. They also subsequently drafted very well late while maintaining excellence.

OKC was a extremely rare rare case of hitting on every draft selection, and they had 4 guys not two, 5 of you wanna count Reggie. It can also go the other way, see the Cavs.

CP3 agreed top stay because of not only Blake and DeAndre there but also the fact they have him a 5 year max deal. Anyone that leaves they're current team would be taking less to come play for LA via free agency.

And none of them maybe except for the spurs are under the constant pressure to produce a winning program like the Lakers are and as much as that maybe shouldn't factor into the equation it does.

The zombie sonics, Celtics and Clips were never expected to do anything, a lot of luck factored into each of their situations (CP3 veto, McHale helping his ol buddy Ainge out, Thunder's exceptional scouting). I mean if it was that simple everyone would be doing it right? Sixers are tanking every year and trading prospects for other prospects and even ones they've had before. CLE has been sorry and a joke since LBJ left and they've had some of the best luck draft pick wise.

Mitch and whoever else will be feeling the heat from the fanbase, media, and a certain guy they just gave a ridiculous contact to figure out something.

Also our situation isn't going to be the only one in play in a couple years, other teams with better assets are going to be positioning themselves to make a run at KD as well.

Sorry but this post was just beautiful

Any potential title contenders in that bunch.......? :nerd:

Last edited:

Any potential title contenders in that bunch.......? :nerd:

The point of his OG post was that it would be hard for the Lakers to get bottom five (if they actually try to) with those perennial bottom-feeders around.

My point was that it's not a given they'll be worse. Some might be decent this year.

Has nothing to do with them being contenders.

Last edited:
Pau or FA or RFA or under contract or player option or WHAT DO WE NEED TO DO TO CONVINCE THE HEAT TO PLEASEOHPLEASEOHPLEASE TAKE HIM?

Last edited:
We'd have to convince Bosh that he doesn't matter, and should take a paycut

Do we like Pau on a one year deal? I don't see the harm. As much crap as y'all talk about pau he might be key to getting Marc next year :lol:

Free-agent center Pau Gasol had a telephone conversation with Miami Heat president Pat Riley on Tuesday and could talk again with the franchise in the near future, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The cost for Gasol could still be prohibitive for the Heat, but there's little doubt he could be an intriguing part to a supporting cast in Miami. So far, Gasol is still pushing for a $10 million-$12 million annual salary, league sources said.

The NBA champion San Antonio Spurs have inquired with Gasol's agent Arn Tellem, expressing an interest, sources said, but the Spurs can't become a legitimate suitor unless Gasol significantly drops his asking price.

Gasol met with Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak in Los Angeles on Tuesday, and ultimately they could become his best chance to get his asking price, if only on a one-year contract.

Gasol has spent the past six seasons with the Lakers, where he averaged 17.4 points and 9.7 rebounds last season.

Last edited:
I'm at work and a heat fan comes to me and says we are gonna take Pau from you. I said thanks....he walked away looking puzzled...LOL

Had the very same conversation with one of my friends at breakfast this morning. Now that I'm in LA I told him I'd even offer to drive him to LAX to get on the plane to Miami.

Reports are also that Bosh wants a contract in the 16-18 Million range (Got this out of the NBA thread) but L.A could look into this & possibly try and sell him on a move.

Mamba, I didn’t forget a single thing, or neglect to mention anything at all.

You are missing the point. People are saying that you can’t go from losing/sucking to being good, fast.

I gave you MULTIPLE examples of teams that can, and have done it. And I believe us to be one of them as well.

Again, for the 100th time, we are not tanking for a decade, it’s TWO years. 1 is already done with, now we just need one, single season, more. That’s it.

If we have Randle show to be very good, and another top 5 rookie type next to him with his rookie year out of the way showing what he can do with Randle, I feel just fine pulling in talent to join them with more cap space than any other team in the NBA. Other teams will try to be ready for Durant. Not every team has a chance, (I’m just saying a chance) at 50+ million in cap space. Almost identical to what Riley did for the Heat, only we have two young guys, instead of Wade. Wade who made 20 mil, our two young guys would be making less than 7. :pimp:

Saver, I like IT for what he is, but to me, I have Farmar, Marshall, Clarkson, Kane, and Roddy Buckets, already on the roster, fighting for time. The 5 of them cost maybe 5 million combined. Why should we pay IT 8-9 to do a little better than them as a group? I’m fine letting those guys earn their minutes, and seeing if any of them emerge as solid projects. (Clarkson and Kane especially)

Nobody is giving pau that kinda deal

Have you seen the contracts that have been givien this offseason? I mean if meeks can get what he got...9 to 10 mil for Pau is easy.

I respect Pau for what he did for us when he got here. But his time is up. Thanks for everything.

He's seeking a multi-year deal around $10-12 mil

All the other teams could scoff at that (they should), but I don't think he compromises all the way down to a one-year deal

And on Pau's end, remember, this is the guy who hates uncertainty.

Last edited:
Do we like Pau on a one year deal? I don't see the harm. As much crap as y'all talk about pau he might be key to getting Marc next year
laugh.gif
One year, 12 packs of assorted Oreos.

Final offer.

Appreciate the responses CP and P but it's basically sounds like y'all don't like his game and would rather stay as is to support the tank plan.

Who would satisfy y'all ?

Or would u rather we let another d leaguer start, no shade just trying to see your angle.
On the contrary, I like his game. I just wouldn't be thrilled having him being paid more than I think he's worth (I wouldn't go over $5M n an ideal world).

I'm only going off the report that says his best chance to get paid is on a one year deal with the Lakers. Heat can't even afford him

Last edited:
That's the writer's suggestion though. He's assuming Pau wants that $10-12 mil figure above all.

My thought: Pau would rather compromise on his asking price (the $10-12 mil) than the years. No one's said how many years he's looking for, but after several seasons of him being whiny and insecure about trade rumors, I bet it's more than one.

Last edited:
How important is winning right now with Pau? As his career is nearing towards the end, he has to consider where he can have the most success right? Certainly this isn't in a Laker uni :evil:

Someone PM when we're done talking about Pau.

Damn he pisses me off.

How you 7 feet and grabbed like 9 rebounds all season?!

mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom