• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But haven't the Lakers have been linked to several prominent free agents already? Doesn't sound quiet to me. Parsons, Lance, Lil Zeke, Lowry, Ariza, Melo, even contacted LBJ's agent just off the top of my head.

I think it's wishful thinking to think if they do strike out on Melo and Bron that they are just going to sit on the money they have available. Mitch and co are definitely attempting something whether it's stop gap or the home run plan. Whether they'll actually be able to bring ppl in or not successfully is our problem both now and going forward. That I think continuing to lose and look inept will do a lot more harm than good.

Last edited:
Lionel Hollins was one of the top 2 coaching targets and now he's in Brooklyn.

Not that I wanted him, but what the hell are the Lakers doing? :lol:

It's obvious it's Byron at this point. Not sure why they're waiting. They could be stalling until they talk to FAs and get their input, but that's a dumb situation for Byron.

He should say screw it and maybe the Lakers can go a different direction. Unfortunately I don't think he has other options that are waiting.

But haven't the Lakers have been linked to several prominent free agents already? Doesn't sound quiet to me. Parsons, Lance, Lil Zeke, Lowry, Ariza, Melo, even contacted LBJ's agent just off the top of my head.

I think it's wishful thinking to think if they do strike out on Melo and Bron that they are just going to sit on the money they have available. Mitch and co ate definitely attempting something whether it's stop gap or the home run plan. Whether they'll actually be able to bring ppl in or not successfully is our problem both now and going forward. That I think continuing to lose and look inept will do a lot more harm than good.

Phone calls, sure. Due dilligence, but nothing of actual traction yet, right? None of those guys are leaning our direction, are they?

That I think continuing to lose and look inept

Again, why is this being repeated over and over?

The Celtics had done nothing for YEARS.
Spurs tanked to come up with the quickness.
OKC was "inept" for what they did?
Clippers are perma inept, they got CP3 to join no problem.

What is this lose and look inept fear everyone has? :lol: :lol: :lol:

@LiCeNseD To BaLL, next poll (because I'm really curious who else feels like me):

Julius Randle will be the biggest acquisition this offseason.

True

False
True. We're not getting any big names. We're most likely gonna get one second tier FA, and some bums to round out the bench.

Last edited:
Kinda had a feeling we weren't going to do much this offseason.

I don't think anything will really happen until Kobe retires...

If we came out of this offseason with Byron Scott, re-sign Pau, re-sign Nick Young, lose Jodie Meeks, we're "NOT" tanking? :lol:

Cuz to me, that has all the signs...... :lol: :pimp:

Man, I want to tank, and even I don't want Nick Young back, tank or no tank. I'm tired of people hyping that loser.

the disrespect :x :rofl:

In my post?

I consider Randle way more valuable than most of the guys that have been linked, but it's hard to compare FAs and rooks that haven't played yet

I'm gonna say true, but that's because his youth and potential are big acquisitions for us. It would overshadow what a lot of FAs would bring

Last edited:
I really don't see the Lakers landing anyone now.

Melo. LeBron. Bosh. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm almost positive Parsons and the Rockets have a wink-wink offer. Bledsoe will be matched. Monroe will be matched. Hayward will be matched. Thomas will probably be matched up up $8-9M? And if you're paying that much for him...

Lance is Lance. Lowry seems set on returning to the Raptors. Ariza is waiting to be overpaid by the Wizards. Deng is on borrowed time.

Everyone else on the market isn't going to move the needle.

I really don't see the Lakers landing anyone now.

Melo. LeBron. Bosh. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm almost positive Parsons and the Rockets have a wink-wink offer. Bledsoe will be matched. Monroe will be matched. Hayward will be matched. Thomas will probably be matched up up $8-9M? And if you're paying that much for him...

Lance is Lance. Lowry seems set on returning to the Raptors. Ariza is waiting to be overpaid by the Wizards. Deng is on borrowed time.

Everyone else on the market isn't going to move the needle.

:pimp:

A lot of ifs there that sound nice on paper, but but just aren't practical or realistic at this point.

If they really were interested in that doctrine of thinking, they would have done it this past year and got a real game changing player. They're not going through that again, you know it as well as I do.

MitchKupchakIsDone.gif

Mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybe we will tank. Lost Meeks. Might lose the almighty Swaggy P, hopefully we'll lose Pau. We sign one decent FA. The West is getting better. Hmmmm, all the signs are there.

Do we honestly even have to tank in a stacked west?

I just expect us to be bad for a bit. Just like in the 90's before we got shaq. Entertaining team but not a good team at all. No title runs or title hopes.

We continue to draft, develop and THEN bring in stars we will be on the right track until then...expect the 92-93 lakers all over again.

CJ Miles just signed in Indy.......

That does open the door a little for Lance here now......

I just expect us to be bad for a bit. Just like in the 90's before we got shaq. Entertaining team but not a good team at all. No title runs or title hopes.

We continue to draft, develop and THEN bring in stars we will be on the right track until then...expect the 92-93 lakers all over again.

Welcome aboard my friend. :pimp:

We'll be competing again in like 3 years. It's just gon be the Smush years again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom