• 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also this

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m
ESPN sources say Pau Gasol and Mike Miller are indeed among free agents that Oklahoma City has engaged with since market opened

Chances are looking good for us.

Randle at Center with Sacre backin him up
Kobe at PF with Kelly backin him up
Nick Young at SF

5 point guards

Byron Scott coaching. :pimp:

We're so close, I can taste it. It's so good for my soul. :lol:

Last edited:
Mamba, I didn’t forget a single thing, or neglect to mention anything at all.

You are missing the point. People are saying that you can’t go from losing/sucking to being good, fast.

I gave you MULTIPLE examples of teams that can, and have done it. And I believe us to be one of them as well.

Again, for the 100th time, we are not tanking for a decade, it’s TWO years. 1 is already done with, now we just need one, single season, more. That’s it.

If we have Randle show to be very good, and another top 5 rookie type next to him with his rookie year out of the way showing what he can do with Randle, I feel just fine pulling in talent to join them with more cap space than any other team in the NBA. Other teams will try to be ready for Durant. Not every team has a chance, (I’m just saying a chance) at 50+ million in cap space. Almost identical to what Riley did for the Heat, only we have two young guys, instead of Wade. Wade who made 20 mil, our two young guys would be making less than 7. :pimp:

Saver, I like IT for what he is, but to me, I have Farmar, Marshall, Clarkson, Kane, and Roddy Buckets, already on the roster, fighting for time. The 5 of them cost maybe 5 million combined. Why should we pay IT 8-9 to do a little better than them as a group? I’m fine letting those guys earn their minutes, and seeing if any of them emerge as solid projects. (Clarkson and Kane especially)

You gave 4 examples that were flawed in nature.

I'll give you 4 that show you can go from very bad to staying bad, mediocre or worse. CLE, MIL, SAC, MIN, PHI. They all have maybe sans the Bucks a blue chip draft guy (Kyrie, Love, DMC) and have attempted through the draft to add other guys around those players and build and it just hadn't translated to anything of substance.

You can say wait we're the Lakers the mystique and lure of Los Angeles will surely bring in ppl. Well that isn't exactly the case now is it? We have cap space now but ppl aren't lining up at the door trying to get into the clubare they? Wonder why that is? Could it be that we've looked like a joke for the better part of 4 years now? Could the fact that these guys will actually be making less money if they come here outside of anywhere else except for New York?

This whole plan is contingent on landing KD or AD if we miss on Durant in 2018.

As it stands right now there are 29 teams that will be able to offer KD a max deal in 2016 (including NYK, GS, HOU, SA, CHI, BKN, BOS, DAL, PHX, and OKC of course.) Many of them with their stars still under contract. You think a KD who hasn't won a ring theoretically by that time is going to want to come to a franchise that hasn't been competitive in 6 years over the possibility of playing with Dwight/Harden, Steph, Kawhi, Rose, or stay in OKC with Russ and Serge to come play with a 2nd year player that has shown some flashes but clearly hasn't proven to be a star yet and another rookie? Kind of hard to believe.

Randle at Center with Sacre backin him up
Kobe at PF with Kelly backin him up
Nick Young at SF

5 point guards

Byron Scott coaching. :pimp:

We're so close, I can taste it. It's so good for my soul. :lol:

You know what man, **** it.
If we're going to be bad lets just be the ******* worse.

Ariza will always be my dude but if he's the best we can spend 7 mill/year on then screw it, let him resign with Wash and let's just sign another group of 1 year scrubs and have cap flexibility in 2015 with a top 5 pick.

I'm down.
I'm not a pro-tank guy but if we have no chance at Bledsoe, Bosh, or other Free Agents that can actually help us win now... Then why try at all with useless signings like Ariza or Pau?

Waste of cap space and waste of season.

Either sign good free agents or don't sign anyone at all and let the team be horrible one last year.

Last edited:
I have a bad feeling they're going to eventually look at Mario Chalmers and Evan Turner.

But hey if it's only for one year, there's a silver lining.

I have a bad feeling they're going to eventually look at Mario Chalmers and Evan Turner.

But hey if it's only for one year, there's a silver lining.

Reading this made my eyes bleed.
sick.gif
roll.gif

Are Okafor and mudiay even supposed to be game changers?

nerd.gif

Especially Turner. I think they were working on a last-min trade before the Pacers swooped in.

Chalmers, just cause :x

Most negative thread ever lol

Keep Pau, he'll flourish under someone not named MDA...

*Flame suit on*

IDC IDC IDC IDC

Bosh wants $16-18 mil a season for 5 more seasons.
LeBron wants a max deal.
Everything I've heard has been DWade at 4 years / $60mil

LeBron got his calculator out and haz disappoint

I'll give you 4 that show you can go from very bad to staying bad, mediocre or worse. CLE, MIL, SAC, MIN, PHI. They all have maybe sans the Bucks a blue chip draft guy (Kyrie, Love, DMC) and have attempted through the draft to add other guys around those players and build and it just hadn't translated to anything of substance.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you for giving me 4 dumb ***, small market franchises that don't know ****. Wonderful examples bro, right in line with us.

Those 4 ever had 50-60 million in cap space? :nerd: No? Ok, then calm down about them.

I repeat, we aren't tanking a decade, it's one more year. To KEEP a pick we'd otherwise have to give up. That's all. No more. Just this one. Just this pick. After that, we're out from under Kobe's anchor of a contract, we're free to spend on whoever, whatever we want.

One year.

Most negative thread ever lol

Keep Pau, he'll flourish under someone not named MDA...

*Flame suit on*

IDC IDC IDC IDC
CP in 1...2....

Hey, we aren't negative, we are positive this team sucks right now. :lol:

:lol: at blaming MDA for Pau. So I guess 2011 Phil, and 2012 Mike Brown led Pau's were MDA's fault too. Surely 5 years after getting his chest beat in by his coach, Pau will restore his glory. :lol:

CP I came over to team tank once Kobe went down again, because it was a lost cause at that point.

But we also had a pick. Was guaranteed at 1, at 20.

This pick is 1-5 guaranteed. When you have $28mil in cap, you don't punt a season in order to obtain an asset that you may lose out on even if you are the 4th or 5th worst team. Tanking and then losing the pick would send a serious message that would set us back a lot longer than if we used the entire cap space on younger guys gave it a go and finished as the 10th seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom