• 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You might have guessed this, but
Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 5m
Lakers are laser-focused on meeting with Melo on Thursday. They're making other calls, but all other business is conditional on that
I think if they were really laser focused.. go get Magic and Kareem.. Just have them present.

Iono man.. I also see the side where these guys don't give a damn about our past.. 
laugh.gif

Lakers are laser-focused on meeting with Melo on Thursday. They're making other calls, but all other business is conditional on that
I think if they were really laser focused.. go get Magic and Kareem.. Just have them present.

Iono man.. I also see the side where these guys don't give a damn about our past.. 
laugh.gif
All in how you sell it.

"Winning ain't in our past, Mr. Free Agent. We're the only franchise in the league that has at least BEEN to the Finals in every single decade. You stick with us, we'll get you to the Finals. What you do there is on you, but we'll get you there. Our last championship was 2010, so we're due here pretty soon. Like I said, we'll get there, and that's what you want, right? We're not talking about the 60s, but we were great then, too. And the 70s. And 80s. Decent in the 90s, just one Finals, but then right back on it in the 2000s. The twenty-tens are right now, and we'll be right back in the swing of things; just a matter of whether you want to be a part of that continued greatness... or not."

laugh.gif
All in how you sell it.

"Winning ain't in our past, Mr. Free Agent. We're the only franchise in the league that has at least BEEN to the Finals in every single decade. You stick with us, we'll get you to the Finals. What you do there is on you, but we'll get you there. Our last championship was 2010, so we're due here pretty soon. Like I said, we'll get there, and that's what you want, right? We're not talking about the 60s, but we were great then, too. And the 70s. And 80s. Decent in the 90s, just one Finals, but then right back on it in the 2000s. The twenty-tens are right now, and we'll be right back in the swing of things; just a matter of whether you want to be a part of that continued greatness... or not."

laugh.gif
All in how you sell it.

roll.gif

laugh.gif

If we get Melo, I know who I'm thanking or blaming.
Meh, w/ our roster, Melo ain't taking us from lower-level to 1st round exit.

Melo can make a great team 'championship level', or a decent team 'great', but he ain't making bottom-feeders 'decent'.

Right, Knicks?

CP you should be a salesman :lol: I'm serious, you got dudes lining up to get happy for their favorite team to lose.

For a top 5 pick that could be bum juice :lol: , god forbid we finish 6th worst by half a game somebody could end up in the hospital.

Respect tho ain't emm mad at it , just can't fathom being glad to lose.....competitive streak runs too deep.

ive been saying melo is coming to LA for a while. nobody listens to franc :smh:

You didn't say it like that tho

|I

Wanna be taken seriously? Change your avy to Jessica Alba, or Stephen A.

Or anything other than Spongebob.

tumblr_mwz8e5JJwP1smcbm7o1_500.gif

iswydt

imm8hf.gif

1309454513_man_throws_bicycle_at_thieves.gif

money wise, im not sure if this is even possible, but would you guys rather we get lowry, lance, monroe plus if we can resign pau for a reasonable deal. like i said idk if it works numbers wise but id prefer that over gettin melo on a max deal. (melo is one of my favorite players btw)

CP you should be a salesman :lol: I'm serious, you got dudes lining up to get happy for their favorite team to lose.

For a top 5 pick that could be bum juice :lol: , god forbid we finish 6th worst by half a game somebody could end up in the hospital.

Respect tho ain't emm mad at it , just can't fathom being glad to lose.....competitive streak runs too deep.

Not tryna sell anybody man. I just want this team build properly.

Alot of people don't realize it, but alot of the problems with our earlier title teams was Buss was pinching pennies.

They were giving up on young guys in the interest of worthless vets. It robbed us of our backend depth later on. Think of how gassed the 03 Lakers were, the vets were worn, and no youth to back them up. We had no pick in 01, we traded away our pick in 02, those are rookie legs that could have developed, much like Devan George did. Useful legs.

Our next Finals run, look how we built. We got Bynum, Farmar, Sasha to grow off the bench. Then we drafted Crittenton, and Marc Gasol. We traded both those guys to get Pau, fair deal, right? Got us to the Finals 3 times.

Now watch.......

No pick in 08, 09 sold, no pick in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. None. We robbed the older days of Kobe and Pau of having young guys underneath to carry some of the minutes in December-January. Guys that can develop into more than just bodies. Mitch was being told to sell those "useless" pieces to save a million here or two million there. (Luxury tax money on top of rookie salaries)

I don't want that type of rebuild. I want an influx of TALENTED youth on the roster, from 13 up to the #1 player. Every spot on the roster. No more going for Blake, Barnes, Artest types, to force out the Farmar's and Ariza's just because they have "vet experience". Sometimes, young legs are worth more than vet experience. Ask the 2014 Heat who ran out of gas against an infusion of Spurs youth, around their key vets.

If we give this 2015 pick to the Suns, that will make ONE First Round draft pick for the Lakers on the roster in the past 9 drafts.

ONE. :stoneface:

(Julius Randle)

That's one lonely *** dude.

When West built us in the 80's, he had Kareem, lucked into the #1 to pull rookie Magic, landed another #1 to get rookie Worthy, traded to get the #4 Byron Scott, found AC Green late in round 1, and later added Vlade Divace and Elden Campbell to an aging core. He kept infusing youth around his old guys.

For some reason, we dried that well up in our 2000 runs. :smh:

I want our rookies. Develop them right, THEN we can add the still in their prime vets for the overall direction of the franchise. I want the team built right. Not short term mediocre results just to save face.

money wise, im not sure if this is even possible, but would you guys rather we get lowry, lance, monroe plus if we can resign pau for a reasonable deal. like i said idk if it works numbers wise but id prefer that over gettin melo on a max deal. (melo is one of my favorite players btw)

If Kobe made 10 million instead of 23.5, yeah you could try to pull all that talent in.

Best you could hope for is Lance and Lowry taking less money and maaaaaaybe beg and plead with Pau to stay for a year. Odds of all that are very slim.

If Kobe made 10 million instead of 23.5, yeah you could try to pull all that talent in.

Best you could hope for is Lance and Lowry taking less money and maaaaaaybe beg and plead with Pau to stay for a year. Odds of all that are very slim.

thanks, wasnt sure what the price tags of those other guys are going for. damnit would been nice to have that core of lowry, lance, randle and monroe for the future :smh:

Ben Rosales ‏@brosales12 6m
I wouldn't mind Andre Roberson and/or Perry Jones as a return. Maybe you can finagle some picks too.

Ben Rosales ‏@brosales12 2m
Lakers were reportedly trying to move into the first back in 2012 to get Perry Jones. So that might work.

Sign and trade for Pau OKC, please. Trade exception, young player or two, maybe an extra pick our way, please and thank you. :smokin

The Thunder have a $6.5M trade exception from last summer's Kevin Martin trade.

They also have Perry Jones on the bench, who reportedly the Lakers liked leading up to the 2012 Draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom