• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cats still don't understand that the NBA is a business first and foremost. Kobe is a once in a generation athlete, the lakers would rather milk him for all he's worth before he retires rings or no rings over the next two seasons.

Dirk had a PER of 23.6, 21 points a game, 6 boards, on 50%/40%/90% shooting splits, and takes 10 mil.

Kobe plays 6 games, made 30 mil, signs for another 48.5

Dirk will be 38 when contract ends.
Kobe will be 37

Almost 79 million dollars in Kobe's final 3 seasons, Duncan and Dirk combined will make 60 in their final 3 years.

Cats still backin Kobe's deal tho. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But Kobe alone helps pay for the electric bill for the Lakers
Exactly!! Kobe was a HUGE part of that 100 mill profit the lakers had last season whether or not he was on the court. He deserves every cent....last of a dying breed. Well, I see some of that cold blooded killer in Damian Lillard..

From an outsider's perspective watching yall argue is funny.

CP doesn't care about legacy or treating players with the decency they deserve since he's put butts in seats consistently since Shaq left. He just wants rings. And that's admirable from a rabid fan perspective but there's nothing no one can say to convince him Kobe is worth his contract (even though he's worth more) because he sees Kobe + Lebron + Melo(Love, Rondo, whoever) >>>>>> Kobe + That Contract + Melo.

That's all he sees.

Mavs are at $45 mil right now if you include Dirk's salary for this season (Dirk, Monta, Tyson, Felton). 2015 with Dirk's deal Mavs will be at $25 mil next year if Felton doesn't pick up his option. 30 if he does. With Monta Ellis as the other guy. 2016 everyone is clear.

Lakers are at $34 mil for this season, $28 if they stretch Nash. $25 mil for 2015 and 2016 everything is clear except Randle. What market are they at that's so much better than ours, as if they are anywhere close to contention?

Or am I confused and we don't have any money to do anything? We can go after anyone the Mavs can and more, no?

So who was the mystery star that showed up?

Rey Mysterio? Had dude popping up from under the floor and ish
[h1]Dave McMenamin[/h1]
Movie producer Joel Silver was a part of the LAL presentation to Melo, making a short film about him and speaking to him about the industry

I just find it interesting that this whole taking paycut scenario or whatever somehow guarantees that you'll be in contention and win a title. Just cause you have the ability to do more doesn't automatically mean it gets done. Take those very same Mavs that you're lauding they more than anyone have tried to create space these last 3 years to get that other superstar type player next to Dirk. Have failed repeatedly to do so and ended up giving Jose Calderon, Monta Ellis, and Brandon Wright deals just because.

There's no guarantee Dirk taking 10 mil instead of his market value will land them any significant help that will push them up from the bottom half of the West. They aren't getting a LBJ/Melo with 16 mil so they'll be forced to go after a Deng type player. Does that really justify Dirk taking less? Getting another guy(s) that take you to maybe the 2nd round in the playoffs?

Kobe's contract was too much, we pretty much all agree with this based on the injury situation and subsequent re-injury of another lower extremity.

The LBJ-Melo together pipe dream is really the only thing I can see that's definitely off the table, any of the other players the Lakers want to pursue, they can at this point. Right?

Interesting point made on Twitter.... We are in a win-win with Melo if he chooses here or NY.

If he chooses here, we improve to a playoff team.
If he chooses the Knicks, Phil will need to S&T for Pau. So we'll get some assets.

Won't the Knicks be above the apron to S&T for Pau? The only way a S&T for Pau was going to happen was if Melo left.

I was going to ask the same thing, I know we can accept since we're under the cap but I'm assuming his deal would have to be done before Melo correct? I wouldn't mind prying Shump or THJ from them.

Unless Pau is outright taking the MLE then I guess all bets are off, don't know why he wouldn't want to go to OKC or CHI if that's the case though. But maybe he does love Phil that much.

No way in hell the Knicks give up THJ or Shump for Pau. 

That would be amazing though - Maybe Jeanie could bang it out of Phil.

Dirk, 3 years, 30 million dollars. :smh:

**** you Kobe, and every Laker fan that tried to act like that contract was no big deal.

30 million, for 3 years. And Dirk was elite last year.
Kobe made 30 million for 6 games, then got 48 million more.

**** everybody.

:smh:

jeanie busted it open and said take it kobe. kobe plowed her. if its offered on a silver platter take it. dont act like you wouldnt. its a bad contract but jeanie handed it to him.

^ Not to mention, Toby Mcguire did the voice over for the film, I guess he owed Joel a favor :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom