• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the NBA thread, this vid is just insane.

I brought it up a few weeks back, how when he went into that zone, it was disgusting. Like Toronto, Dallas, etc.

Dude had 40, with 5 minutes left in the 2nd quarter, on 14 of 16 shooting, with 8 3's, and he didn't even really push it early in the game. :lol: :rofl: :x :pimp:

I mean, this EASILY could have been an 80. Easy.

And I remember perfectly the 81, he "should" have had 88. LO missed him on a cherry pick, he missed 2 FT's, and he had an and 1 called a charge. That's 7 points he could, and should have had, with ease in that game. And he sat 6 minutes of the 2nd quarter, and the final minute of the game. :lol: :lol: :lol:

He would have needed 12 points in about 6 minutes, he coulda dropped a C-Note that night. I will forever remember that moreso than the actual 81. How absolutely close he came to 100, in the NBA, against a playoff team. (I'm an idiot) :lol: :smh:

My story of the night he dropped 81 goes like this.

My cousin who lives in West Covina hits me up the Saturday night before the game which was on a Sunday and asked if I wanted to go with him and one of our friends from the bay area to the Clippers vs Warriors game which was also on Sunday but in the day time at 12:30. I said sure since the ticket was for free.

That night a few NT'ers in the Socal thread did a summit and Ben Baller was there also.I really wanted to go but at the same time was like man "it's the frickin Raptors".

I regret missing out on history that night :smh:

Last edited:
4RzHlKa.gif

JWbezn9.gif
8qoJ2hm.gif

They should legit just make a book of Kobe stories, complimented with some corresponding photos and such. I'd cop that. I have some hard cover michael jordan books and a shaquille oneal hard cover book form when he was with the magic. cool coffee table stuff.

Kobe Bryant on Sports Illustrated cover: 'I'm 70 in basketball years'
By Zach Harper | NBA writer

BvbUnn6IAAAsAjS.jpg

@SInow
This week's regional cover (2/2): @kobebryant knows the end of his basketball career is near http://on.si.com/1kSaMWz

Los Angeles Lakers legend Kobe Bryant is entering his 19th season in the NBA. He's logged 45,567 regular season minutes in 1,245 games. He's played the 13th most minutes and in the 25th most games in NBA history. You can add 8,641 playoff minutes in 220 games too. Only Tim Duncan and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar have played in more playoff minutes and only Duncan, Abdul-Jabbar, Derek Fisher, and Robert Horry have played in more playoff games than Bryant. He's been around a lot and the five-time champion has carved out one of the most successful careers in NBA history.

He'll appear on the cover of the latest issue of Sports Illustrated with a story by Chris Ballard on Bryant. On the cover and in the article, Kobe tells us, "I'm 70 in basketball years." The 35-year old shooting guard is creeping toward being one of the oldest players in the NBA, but considering the mileage he's put on his body since coming straight from high school, his statement about how old he is in basketball years makes sense.

You can also tack on the two big injuries he's suffered over the last 17 months with the Achilles' tendon tear in April of 2013 and the kneecap fracture he suffered six games into his comeback in December of 2013. Those put immense wear and tear on a player, especially a player in their mid-30's trying to remain one of the elite players in the NBA. Kobe knows he's had to evolve his game and agrees with detractors and pundits saying he won't be what he was when he comes back this season.

“So when I hear pundits and people talk, saying, ‘Well, he won't be what he was.' Know what? You're right. I won't be. But just because something evolves, it doesn't make it any less better than it was before,” Bryant said.
Unfortunately for Kobe, he'll be re-joining a Lakers team that doesn't look ready or capable of pushing for the playoffs in the hyper-competitive Western Conference. Although, he seems to like a challenge so don't expect him to back down from trying to get them there. Let's just hope he has the help to make his 19th season much more relevant in the history of the NBA.

JvZMIEj.jpg

Stan Kasten won't make it passed the night for embarassing Mitch. Mitch will make him pay.

Also I can't wait to see Jim Buss do it. I'm praying he wears the hat and polo.

Meh. I wouldn't put Smush on the list.. Top 5 Most Hated Lakers in Recent History... Easily #1, Top 5 worst... Nah

Luke was solid. The worst things about him were injuries and his contract.

But he wasn't a pile of **** on the court like Smush Parker

Former Lakers that should also be on that worst list:

Valdamir "Space Cadet" Radmonvic and J.R. Rider

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom