2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russ didn't take the super max deal like Rose did with the Bulls but it was still a max extension. I don't know the exactly what the ibaka number was but it was pretty close. Point still stands those guys all took max or near max deals, they aren't taking no damn 10 mil a year paycuts just to get ppl to join them.

Who said they had to take 10 mil a year paycuts?

I said, Pay cuts. I didn't say amounts of said paycuts. Obviously, some are small, 1 mil, some are large, 10 mil.

But they are paycuts.

If you take 15 to 13, cool.
If you take 20, to 10. Wow.

If you take 30, to 25, you should be shot. :lol:

Because they are in their prime guys that did in fact take less money to join together. And for 4 years, it worked out rather well for them.

Now, they may do it again. We'll see.

Is taking 2 mil less a year when you don't have any state tax really taking less though. I believe the reports said they'd be making at least what they would have in any other state salary wise maybe even more. Their success has more to do with them being able to bring in a lot of vet guys ie at discounted rates ie Ray, Birdman' Lewis, etc.

It's not even really pay cuts. The Heat can structure the deals just so they get less in 2015 and more in the later years. Backloaded deals. Haters just hate to see Miami reload. :lol:

Last edited:
Because they are in their prime guys that did in fact take less money to join together. And for 4 years, it worked out rather well for them.

Now, they may do it again. We'll see.

Is taking 2 mil less a year when you don't have any state tax really taking less though. I believe the reports said they'd be making at least what they would have in any other state salary wise maybe even more. Their success has more to do with them being able to bring in a lot of vet guys ie at discounted rates ie Ray, Birdman' Lewis, etc.

Don't matter, less is less. The Cap don't recognize taxes man. If they take 15 in Indy, or 15 in Miami, I don't care how much actual cash they pull, the cap hit is the same.

So going from 32 to 23 in one year and 34 to 25 in the next year would classify as a wow or no?

Lol the max deal was for 32 and 34 though. You got it though man. You say the amount of a paycut doesn't matter yet someone actually takes a significant one and they should be shot. Wonder if taking 20 mil less a year would have sufficed?

Yes, 20 mil would work.

Bottom line, at 37, achilles, you make more than Bron, Durant, Melo, Davis, Dwight, CP3, Russ, Steph etc etc etc by a wide margin, it's terrible. Point blank, period.

Yet he's going to be expected to produce like a max guy (the same as those other guys) in these last two years, ok gotcha.

Can name me one star that took 20 million less a year in any sport than what they could have made? Or anyone in life for that matter?

Last edited:
Expected to produce, by who dude?

Morons expect him to be great, smart people do not. If he's even all star level, that's a great accomplishment, All NBA level is unwarranted.

You really hurt by this contract aren't ya? :lol:

Expected to be a franchise guy at 37, that should tell you how stupid it is right there dude.

Last edited:
Expected to produce, by who dude?

Morons expect him to be great, smart people do not. If he's even all star level, that's a great accomplishment, All NBA level is unwarranted.

Obviously the organization did, and he himself believes he can, whether or not he does remains to be seen. He's going to be taxed with carrying the Lakers these next two years or nah? Cause if they get nobody significant in the offseason it's all on him right?

I know right :lol: I can't help myself when this stuff keeps getting spewed out. Maybe the masses can chime in.

The masses likely love that horrid deal, which should clue you in man. Not in a positive way. :lol:

The masses likely love that horrid deal, which should clue you in man. Not in a positive way. :lol:

LMAO!!

I love that deal!
You guys put a stranglehold on your cap to appease that diva.

In all fairness he does create a lot of revenue for that franchise and it's a nice sign that these teams care about their players and will go to ANY length to make sure they retire with them......similar event is about to occur in Miami with Wade.

Last edited:
Not on any specifics just in general to what has been discussed at length today.

Should stars be forced to take way less than they are worth in order to help owners save tax?
Is there a mass shift of superstars in their prime rushing to take less money to join up or is there just maybe one isolated incident of this occurring?
Should Peyton Manning have gotten a 5 year/96 million contract from the Broncos after coming off of 4 neck surgeries?
Where is the balance between paying players for what they've done, what they'll do, and what their expected to do?
Is a paycut really a paycut if you're making as much or more money than you would have taking a deal somewhere else?
Why is Jada as hard as it gets?

All pressing questions that need to be debated.

This is all gonna have an anti climatic ending. The big 3 will just convince themselves to go at it for 1 more year and pick up their option. Miami will just reload on random ring chasing vets with w.e money they have left and draft a player or two.

The East next year is gonna be just as weak. With Wade being on a minute restriction all year Miami, can make it back to the Finals.

Last edited:
Not enough guys care about winning enough for this paycut thing to become a trend. Definitely not in any of the larger markets.

I can't wait til Pau links with one of his supporters' teams and terribly disappoints them

Pau is a fine player and would prove to be a valuable asset to any team fortunate enough to acquire him in a trade

.........:nerd:

Harden - max
Rose - max
Dwight - the max that was allowed that the Rockets could offer
Boogie - max
Russ - I think he left a little on the table
Ibaka - Left some on the table

You would think this should pretty much settle it :lol:

Last edited:
I agree with cp. I don't think all players will, but I definitely see some guys leaving money on the table for better situations. I think the spurs will be catalysts for that movement. Only one way to acquire that kind of depth is to take less. Again, I see some guys, but not all.

I also agree with mamba. That Kobe deal was genius. They should've extended him for longer though :wink:

Last edited:
I can't wait til Pau links with one of his supporters' teams and terribly disappoints them

You sure Morey's hard on for him is gone? Think McHale would actually try and use him and Dwight unlike MDA.

Maybe if this was at least a 2011 Pau. This is 3 years later. That 17 and 9 may look good on the stat sheet, but actually watching him play was pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom