2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol
lol

First, you quoted the wrong post. And the only thing that's gotten close to 24 hr media coverage is the lebron thing. It doesn't have to be on every channel to be media pressure. If they're being asked repetitively, it's media pressure. The fact that we're getting quotes from Paul and Doc means the media is asking questions that they want an answer to. You didn't think those responses were unsolicited do you? 

Not sure what the hell a protest of sacrifice is, but okay. Maybe they are. mj shrug

I quoted you wrong? Where?

It didn't get 24hr media coverage? :lol: k

Isn't it pretty childish and disrespectful to Silver for Rivers and Paul to do this? Silver is clearly doing everything he can to get the man out of there and Sterling is being as difficult as possible. Shouldnt Paul and Rivers understand that its just not that simple and are making things even more difficult?

co-sign
And a source close to Sterling told the commission that Sterling needs the sale to go through to clear debt.
The team will sale, Sterling is still mad so he's tripping

^ I can dig that, which is why I said their PR people shouldn't let them mention sitting out unless they would actually do it. Should have said "The NBA has done what it can. Now it's in the hands of the court....blah blah." But since they didn't,  they'll look completely stupid if they don't sit.

^ I can dig that, which is why I said their PR people shouldn't let them mention sitting out unless they would actually do it. Should have said "The NBA has done what it can. Now it's in the hands of the court....blah blah." But since they didn't,  they'll look completely stupid if they don't sit.
Agreed. But all reports have said is they are considering sitting out. When they continue to play they will use that caveat

The crazy part of the situation is, if it doesn't work out, Thunder are only out 30k instead of being on the hook for a 3 year rookie deal. :lol:

huestis is solid, watched him while he was out here at Stanford

guess Okc doesnt want to start paying him yet and possibly made a deal with him prior to the draft? if they picked him in the second rd, he could be gone in a couple yrs and hit FA.

Okc is only committed to 30k but what's in it for him?

Last edited:

lol
lol

First, you quoted the wrong post. And the only thing that's gotten close to 24 hr media coverage is the lebron thing. It doesn't have to be on every channel to be media pressure. If they're being asked repetitively, it's media pressure. The fact that we're getting quotes from Paul and Doc means the media is asking questions that they want an answer to. You didn't think those responses were unsolicited do you? 

Not sure what the hell a protest of sacrifice is, but okay. Maybe they are. mj shrug
I quoted you wrong? Where?

It didn't get 24hr media coverage?
laugh.gif
k
didn't say you quoted me wrong. said you quoted the wrong post. and i was saying the sterling didn't get 24hr media coverage this off season, only the bron thing did.

lol

The difference in them playing then and not playing now is he has been punished now. If after his punishment, nothing has changed, you sit. They were giving the NBA the chance to do what was right. 
Media pushing them? If anything they pushed MORE during the time the story dropped. Ain't no players going in TV saying they'd sit, ain't no "how will they react" 24hr media coverage anymore.

The fact is they're staging a protest of sacrifice............... During the most optimal, convenient, and least sacrificial
time possible, point blank
in the above quote, you didn't respond to what you quoted me saying. i said something about media pressure in another quote (the one that you responded to) which kinda means you quoted the wrong post post.  

explanation 2: you quoted one thing but responded to another.

guess Okc doesnt want to start paying him yet and possibly made a deal with him prior to the draft? if they picked him in the second rd, he could be gone in a couple yrs and hit FA.

A spot in the NBA. 
laugh.gif

Without the Thunder, he was viewed to be undrafted.

@DatZNasty pmatic pmatic , ANYONE....explain the rationale behind this:

The NBPA is OK with Thunder's Josh Huestis becoming 1st domestic draft-and-stash 1st-rounder

Won't sign rookie deal w/ Thunder, but agrees to a 30k...yes, 30k deal w/ the Tulsa 66ers. Someone help me w/ this....

View media item 1097329
:lol: this kid has no idea what he's done. Look at that grin on his face

The crazy part of the situation is, if it doesn't work out, Thunder are only out 30k instead of being on the hook for a 3 year rookie deal. :lol:

thats CRAZY... dudes making new waves everyday for the league...

A spot in the NBA. 
laugh.gif

hard to believe a team will blow a 1st round pick on someone that wouldn't get drafted. where's the logic in that? why not just signed as a FA after the draft was done since no one else wanted him. he would've been drafted. this contract is just the definition of ****ery

Last edited:
OKC knows durant is up next to possibly leave. They'll be making moves next season for sure because once kd leaves OKC will be the next bucks FOREVER

Last edited:

A spot in the NBA. 
laugh.gif

hard to believe a team will blow a 1st round pick on someone that wouldn't get drafted. where's the logic in that? why not just signed as a FA after the draft was done since no one else wanted him. he would've been drafted. this contract is just the definition of ****ery
If they signed him as a free agent, they would have ad to pay the league minimum of $507,336. With them only pay 30K, they got a steal, for any player.

Soo what exactly did Huestis do and why would he take that deal of only being paid $30,000 a year? That was a reach but he still would have been drafted.

Why do I have the feeling that someone else is running Joel Embiid's twitter acct? On that Iron Sheik steez...

A spot in the NBA. 
laugh.gif

If they signed him as a free agent, they would have ad to pay the league minimum of $507,336. With them only pay 30K, they got a steal, for any player.
this doesn't sound true. but i don't know so i'll take your word for it. they couldn't have scooped him for their d league team after he went undrafted? 

Last edited:
this doesn't sound true. but i don't know so i'll take your word for it. they couldn't have scooped him for their d league team after he went undrafted? 
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/69962/josh-huestis-first-stashed-domestic-pick

A pre-draft arrangement like this isn't against the rules, as there are ample amounts of gray area within which to operate. But it's certainly against the spirit  of the draft, as Tom Ziller of SB Nation notes.  And because of it, one would think the National Basketball Players Association has some interest in this situation. On the surface of this is a first-round pick willingly giving up his guaranteed  first-round rookie-scale deal, which locks him into roughly almost $2 million over the next two years and up to $5 million over the next five, for a $25,000 D-League contract. 

Why would Huestis agree to this? Because of the potential  guarantee of an NBA contract, and thereby bigger overall earnings. By all accounts, it was extremely unlikely that Huestis would be picked in the first round and find himself with a guaranteed deal. He was headed for the second round and was probably going to the D-League regardless. So instead of having to work himself into a future NBA deal, he's simply delaying it. In a roundabout way, it gave him control to pick the team he wanted, and presents him with something he likely wouldn't have otherwise had -- an actual NBA deal. Per his agent, Huestis had interest in doing this only with either the Thunder or Spurs. So think of it like a college grad who really wants to work at Google deciding to take an unpaid internship out of college, turning down a more lucrative offer with a company he didn't think he'd fit as well with. 

OKC is entering the danger zone with Durant and Westbrook. They are basically pinning their championship hopes on good health, the development of Adams (I think Lamb and Jones are just "guys" at this point) and Morrow being able to play playoff minutes that Sefelosha couldn't (he's played a grand total of ZERO playoff games).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom