2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what BlasterCombo said can't be stressed enough.
The statement should have been made in the Playoffs, if they felt that strongly.
This is silly to hold out now. It's over.
It's like wearing a condom but you eat the girl out first. You've ate the disease. Like come on, these guys already had a taste by playing right after. Their statement was "blank warm up shirts"
Wackiest thing in America

It's like wearing a condom but you eat the girl out first. You've ate the disease.
Confused-Gary-Payton.gif

Last edited:
And what BlasterCombo said can't be stressed enough.
The statement should have been made in the Playoffs, if they felt that strongly.
This is silly to hold out now. It's over.
It's like wearing a condom but you eat the girl out first. You've ate the disease. Like come on, these guys already had a taste by playing right after. Their statement was "blank warm up shirts"
Wackiest thing in America

Wait..... Que?

Come on bro...how much do you know about the owner/CEO where you work? I work down the hall from the CEO of my company and I couldn't tell you what her favorite color is.

Yes there were always rumors about Sterling (lawsuits...) but none of it verified by the words coming out of his mouth. The fact is...they know now and they have a lot of leverage
It was widely known around basketball circles about Sterlings beliefs. Hell all my amigos and I who follow basketball closely knew of his beliefs. 

The difference in them playing then and not playing now is he has been punished now. If after his punishment, nothing has changed, you sit. They were giving the NBA the chance to do what was right. 

@DatZNasty pmatic pmatic , ANYONE....explain the rationale behind this:

The NBPA is OK with Thunder's Josh Huestis becoming 1st domestic draft-and-stash 1st-rounder

Won't sign rookie deal w/ Thunder, but agrees to a 30k...yes, 30k deal w/ the Tulsa 66ers. Someone help me w/ this....

IMO OKC was being cheap + Josh Huestis's agent was thirsty for another one of his clients to become a 1st round pick + Huestis knew he probably wasn't getting drafted and going to the D League anyway.

Combine those 3 things and that's why this situation happened.

The condom reference is like this,
Why would a guy wear a condom to keep from getting an STD, but he's already chewed the box first.
The Clippers are putting on the condom now by sitting out, but they already ate the punani by playing in the playoffs

The NBPA is OK with Thunder's Josh Huestis becoming 1st domestic draft-and-stash 1st-rounder

Won't sign rookie deal w/ Thunder, but agrees to a 30k...yes, 30k deal w/ the Tulsa 66ers. Someone help me w/ this....

It makes sense for him because lets be real, this isn't a first round player and knowing okc he'll probably get a rookie salary next season/guarenteed deal for going 1st round AND be developed by OKC over the next year or two until he's ready. If this was some kind of wink wink deal he essentially chose his own team which probably freaks out the power that be in the NBA.

Last edited:
@DatZNasty @PMatic, ANYONE....explain the rationale behind this:

Man, dude has set the precedent and will be hated forever. No ******* way I would have done this. I would've had to just see if I can make the team; to hell with getting picked in a million dollar slot and signing for 30k. I could've paid dude more than that to come be my secretary. 

If everything works out, he'll get first round money. He was likely going to get drafted in the second round or even undrafted (I honestly don't recall him on ESPN or DX's draft board) if he didn't explore this option. Weird situation to say the least.

I have a hard time believing Doc or Cp3 and other Clippers didn't know about Sterling being racist before they signed.
I think they knew, didn't care, and signed anyway.
Why care now, he didn't say anything publicly, that woman/whoever else conspired against this man in the privacy of his home.
Come on bro...how much do you know about the owner/CEO where you work? I work down the hall from the CEO of my company and I couldn't tell you what her favorite color is.

Yes there were always rumors about Sterling (lawsuits...) but none of it verified by the words coming out of his mouth. The fact is...they know now and they have a lot of leverage
lol...how in the hell would your ceo's favorite color come up in the course of a work day? 

The difference in them playing then and not playing now is he has been punished now. If after his punishment, nothing has changed, you sit. They were giving the NBA the chance to do what was right. 

Media pushing them? If anything they pushed MORE during the time the story dropped. Ain't no players going in TV saying they'd sit, ain't no "how will they react" 24hr media coverage anymore.

The fact is they're staging a protest of sacrifice............... During the most optimal, convenient, and least sacrificial
time possible, point blank

Last edited:

I have a hard time believing Doc or Cp3 and other Clippers didn't know about Sterling being racist before they signed.

I think they knew, didn't care, and signed anyway.

Why care now, he didn't say anything publicly, that woman/whoever else conspired against this man in the privacy of his home.

lol...how in the hell would your ceo's favorite color come up in the course of a work day? 

I edit this: I read the reply wrong
Thought you quoted me, didn't see jim dudes comment.

My bad mate

Last edited:
lol

Media pushing them? If anything they pushed MORE during the time the story dropped. Ain't no players going in TV saying they'd sit, ain't no "how will they react" 24hr media coverage anymore.

The fact is they're staging a protest of sacrifice............... During the most optimal, convenient, and least sacrificial
time possible, point blank
lol

First, you quoted the wrong post. And the only thing that's gotten close to 24 hr media coverage is the lebron thing. It doesn't have to be on every channel to be media pressure. If they're being asked repetitively, it's media pressure. The fact that we're getting quotes from Paul and Doc means the media is asking questions that they want an answer to. You didn't think those responses were unsolicited do you? 

Not sure what the hell a protest of sacrifice is, but okay. Maybe they are. mj shrug

Last edited:
Isn't it pretty childish and disrespectful to Silver for Rivers and Paul to do this? Silver is clearly doing everything he can to get the man out of there and Sterling is being as difficult as possible. Shouldnt Paul and Rivers understand that its just not that simple and are making things even more difficult?

But there are millions of dollars at stake. I just don't see anything changing by the time the season starts. There will continue to be appeal after appeal. I honestly don't see this being fully resolved until next summer Sterling has shown he will not go down quietly. When the season rolls around and these guys are still coaching and still playing they are going to say "we are letting the NBA handle this".

There is no time like the present and I agree with @BLASTERCOMBO  they should have taken a stance then and there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom