2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
smart-young1.jpg

I'm not even a celtics fan but I'm looking forward to seeing these two play together under Brad Stevens

I know the prediction thread for next season is not up. But here goes my two so far.

1. Kevin Garnett will finsh this season in a Wolves uni NOT Kevin Love

2. Doc somehow coaches the Lakers this season.

How about you stop making predictions boo. Mmkay pumpkin

No problem!

You think Clippers would let Doc out of his contract; so he could go coach Lakers?

Maybe im just throwing crap against the wall with Doc but i can see the kg one due to flip. And who knows what BK will actually be.

Last edited:
Who said everybody was trash, I said the lakers, nets, and knicks were cringe worthy last year and in the event that they will be on tv as much as last year , they might be just as bad or even worse, how? im not sure, but I don't think they have gotten any better

smart-young1.jpg

I'm not even a celtics fan but I'm looking forward to seeing these two play together under Brad Stevens
When we look back in a few years, many of us could feel Boston missed on both picks. At #6, I would have traded down or taken Randle, Vonleh. Despite similarities to Sully. Stockpile assets. Randle and Vonleh are more valuable and worthwhile to me than Smart. At #17, the easy choice was Gary Harris. I'd make a large wager like Rory McIlroy's father that Harris ends up the better 2-guard. I would have been okay with Hood as well. Felt he fell down the boards a bit and presented great value to Utah at #23.

Chris Paul has spoken to Doc Rivers about sitting out if Donald Sterling still controls Clippers when season starts. http://t.co/D5jWIGxnA6
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) July 25, 2014

Doc Rivers and Cp0 are fake as ****. No one is sitting out. Stop it.

Call me crazy...I could see it happening and I could see it being effective. Think about it....what would the Clips/NBA do if they did...Fine them for not wanting to play for a racist owner...Donald Sterling would withhold their paychecks... :rolleyes

The public would fry the Clips/Sterling even more than they have now and the NBA would get it big time if they supported a fine or paycheck withholding. The players have a lot of power to wield here, games not being played takes a lot of money out of a lot of peoples pockets

I have a hard time believing Doc or Cp3 and other Clippers didn't know about Sterling being racist before they signed.
I think they knew, didn't care, and signed anyway.
Why care now, he didn't say anything publicly, that woman/whoever else conspired against this man in the privacy of his home.

smart-young1.jpg

When we look back in a few years, many of us could feel Boston missed on both picks. At #6, I would have traded down or taken Randle, Vonleh. Despite similarities to Sully. Stockpile assets. Randle and Vonleh are more valuable and worthwhile to me than Smart. At #17, the easy choice was Gary Harris. I'd make a large wager like Rory McIlroy's father that Harris ends up the better 2-guard. I would have been okay with Hood as well. Felt he fell down the boards a bit and presented great value to Utah at #23.
Disagree completely with the first half of your paragraph. Agree completely with the second half (would've gone with Harris).

IMO Smart was BPA.

I've never really been big on James Young.

Last edited:

I just want to point out to the Bulls fans that this is the current Pau Gasol... Davis dominated but this is the norm for Pau. Any big man can bully him like this

Unfortunately.
Yeah I understand he's soft always and still think so..

But he knew yall were hopeless anyway past couple seasons so what should he do play his heart out?

Hopefully he can up his game a notch when he actually has a reason to
man, if you think pau wasn't trying for us last year 'cause the team was bad, you're in for a rough season. 

I have a hard time believing Doc or Cp3 and other Clippers didn't know about Sterling being racist before they signed.
Why care now, he didn't say anything publicly, that woman/whoever else conspired against this man in the privacy of his home.

Come on bro...how much do you know about the owner/CEO where you work? I work down the hall from the CEO of my company and I couldn't tell you what her favorite color is.

Yes there were always rumors about Sterling (lawsuits...) but none of it verified by the words coming out of his mouth. The fact is...they know now and they have a lot of leverage

Its just being used as leverage, the NBA will take over the clippers if the Sterling stuff isn't resolved. All these convos about Doc leaving and players sitting are pointless.

Call me crazy...I could see it happening and I could see it being effective. Think about it....what would the Clips/NBA do if they did...Fine them for not wanting to play for a racist owner...Donald Sterling would withhold their paychecks... :rolleyes

The public would fry the Clips/Sterling even more than they have now and the NBA would get it big time if they supported a fine or paycheck withholding. The players have a lot of power to wield here, games not being played takes a lot of money out of a lot of peoples pockets

I agree. CP has enough money that he could afford to miss a few pay checks -- and he'd probably get that money back eventually. And he'd have the complete and total support of the public. He's also a pretty political dude who tries to be a role model (except for the flopping). I could definitely see him sitting out if the Clippers sale isn't finalized soon.

They had no problem playing during the playoffs. Them not playing during the preseason is meaningless

Last edited:
Preseason is when the guys don't want to be there. :lol

It will be a carefully orchestrated boycott if anything.

Come on bro...how much do you know about the owner/CEO where you work? I work down the hall from the CEO of my company and I couldn't tell you what her favorite color is.

Yes there were always rumors about Sterling (lawsuits...) but none of it verified by the words coming out of his mouth. The fact is...they know now and they have a lot of leverage

I've worked for a racist before, but he wasn't exposed to this extent.
It wasn't something that would have kept me from working there.(personally)
In This case, before this incident none of the general public could have told you who Donald Sterling was.
I believe the opposite to be true of the players and the coaches or NBA employees.
The Elgin Baylor suit and the Fair Housing suit on blatant discrimination, is what leads me to believe this was COMMON knowledge, was probably brought to the attention of especially Doc, and Cp3 is the Player President, it was likely he knew, and didn't care.
If I were them, I probably wouldnt have cared.
What he said wasn't a direct or public statement, it was stolen, and it was said in the privacy of his home, although it was wrong(in my eyes and most)
I'm not giving him the pass but, if you taped some of the things I say in my home, I'd lose my business too, and that's ****

Preseason is when the guys don't want to be there. :lol

It will be a carefully orchestrated boycott if anything.

*waits for* "but they could of won, they played for themselves, they turned their shirts inside out people! Their shirts!".

Why now is it "not playing for themselves"? Now that the games "don't count" so to speak its sterlings team again......Dudes are lames

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom