2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
The above trade says they get bennett wiggins AND young

So cleveland gives up wiggins bennett AND that first rounder from miami?
Right, so if the Wolves ended up with all three of them, that's obviously a lot better than what the initial trade was said to be (Bennett for Young). Had no clue what Flip was thinking if that was really about to go down.

Usually I feel the term "tanking" is used too many times when it's not warranted, but not in Hinkie and the Sixers' case. :lol:

Who's going to be willing to take that deal for Pekovic? Not a 1st or 2nd option and not a rim protector.

Damn, I forgot how explosive Derrick Rose was. I really hope he makes a full comeback. 

I don't wanna lose my boy Young. 
frown.gif

Who's going to be willing to take that deal for Pekovic? Not a 1st or 2nd option and not a rim protector.
Are there rumblings the Wolves are looking to move him? He's still a talent under 30. Pair him with a defensive 4 (don't ask who) and you'd have something nice in the front court. His deal isn't really that bad.

People thought Minny had no leverage here, but they got a hell of a deal for Love and throw ins.

Wiggins + Bennett + Thad

People thought Minny had no leverage here, but they got a hell of a deal for Love and throw ins.

Wiggins + Bennett + Thad

Teams will always be willingly to overpay for a star player if they demand to be traded to that one specific team. Melo's most recent trade is the first to come to mind. Now that it's been a few years, you can argue whether or not it was a good trade but at that time, Denver got exactly the assets they wanted.

Teams will always be willingly to overpay for a star player if they demand to be traded to that one specific team.

The funny thing is, this is word-for-word why T'Wolves fans have been told they'll be fleeced on the grounds of having no leverage.

To outline the summer 2014: Flip Saunders exchanged a player who everybody knew was 11 months away from playing for anybody but MInnesota for one of the best No. 1 picks since 2003, a No. 1 pick who has only been able to drink for five months, and a 26-year-old stretch four who broke out last season.

Yes, Flip Saunders has already been made aware he will be arrested on Saturday and charged with the slowest robbery of all time.

Last edited:
Cavs had all the leverage they said

They didnt have to give up wiggins they said

Nobody wants to play in minny they said

The funny thing is, this is word-for-word why T'Wolves fans have been told they'll be fleeced on the grounds of having no leverage.

To outline the summer 2014: Flip Saunders exchanged a player who everybody knew was 11 months away from playing for anybody but MInnesota for one of the best No. 1 picks since 2003, a No. 1 pick who has only been able to drink for five months, and a 26-year-old stretch four who broke out last season.

Yes, Flip Saunders has already been made aware he will be arrested on Saturday and charged with the slowest robbery of all time.
Anthony Davis, Kryie Irving, John Wall, Blake Griffin, Derrick Rose and Dwight Howard.. where Wiggins ranks within that list we both know the answer

One of the best #1 picks since 2003 is pushing it

Also I don't see how this trade means that anyone wants to play in Minnesota. It was a trade, b.

Last edited:
Timberwolves did good :smokin

Getting AW is great even more so if look at the current high school & College players :x the next two NBA Drafts might be Ugly :smh: :lol:

Teams will always be willingly to overpay for a star player if they demand to be traded to that one specific team.

Flip is coach and Gm/Pres of OPs?

If so props :pimp:

I was saying similar to ppl thinking Minny had no leverage and all the Cavs and Love have to do is wait until next offseason. It's like they just don't get it.

Timberwolves did good :smokin

Getting AW is great even more so if look at the current high school & College players :x the next two NBA Drafts might be Ugly :smh: :lol:

Huh? Next year's class looks pretty strong. People say the draft is gonna be weak literally every single year. Like clockwork. :lol:

Huh? Next year's class looks pretty strong. People say the draft is gonna be weak literally every single year. Like clockwork. :lol:

Karl Towns , Emmanuel Mudiay & Jahlil Okafor Cool who else after ?

Stanley Johnson , Cliff Alexander and Kelly Oubre I don't see many Good NBA prospects

Last edited:
Minnesota had plenty of leverage.

Cleveland was in win-now mode. They were in the rare situation of being in win mode + having 4 good young chips (Wiggings, Bennett, TT, Waiters). Did not want to go through growing pains of Wiggins/Bennett.

Minnesota had offers from at least Golden State and Denver - both deals better than Cleveland's deal without Wiggins. I'm sure other teams had packages ready to roll. They weren't forced to give Love to CLE.

Cleveland also needed to build chemistry immediately. New team, new star, new head coach (with no NBA experience) - training camp with their team together was vital. They couldn't wait until the trade deadline and have it loom over their heads.

Minnesota is also one of the few teams dumb enough to let Love walk for nothing - so the deal had to be done sooner rather than later or Flip might do something dumb.

All of that worked in Minnesota's favor. The only thing Minnesota was being stupid about was hesitating when the Cavs offered AW/Bennett. There's no way you get a better deal than that. That's when people started complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom