2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's your 15 from the last 15 years

Shaq
Duncan
Kobe
LeBron
Durant
Iverson
T-Mac
Nash
Kidd
Garnett
Pierce
Dwight
Melo
Parker
Chris Paul

Last edited:
Here's your 15 from the last 15 years

Shaq
Duncan
Kobe
LeBron
Durant
Iverson
T-Mac
Nash
Kidd
Garnett
Pierce
Dwight
Melo
Parker
Chris Paul

was literally in the process of typing my list out :lol: :lol: But yeah, maybe their peaks weren't as high as D Wade's, but Longevity definitely has it's place. D Wade came into the league in 03-04, by his 9th year in the league he was already noticeably declining.

I said that because wade just came in 03 and was declining by 2011. Dude isn't a historical talent, so we can really only compare him to the guys of his generation.

That's fine. I was only answering dude's claim about the past 15 years. You said it yourself, he came in at 03, and was already declining by 2011. Sure his peak was historically great, but it was so short relative to the the other great players that were in the league in the past 15 years.

I'm good on Kidd, Paul and pierce being better than d whistle. I don't think AI is better either

AI was definitely better for sure. If we're talking about the past 15 years, then I think so. AI didn't start really declining until 2008. From 99' to 08' that's 9 years of being elite. That span is longer than D Wade, who came into the league in 03 and was already in decline by 2011.

Kidd was a stretch maybe, but CP3 has been in the league for over a decade now and is still the best PG in the NBA. Still very much elite. Like I Said, Wade's peak may have been higher, but he looses some serious points (with me at least) for longevity. How can he be one of the 10 best players in the past 15 years when he came into the league in 03, and was already in Decline 8 years later?

I value longevity as much as anyone, but Wade's peak is only below the likes of LeBron, Duncan and Kobe, maybe Dwight (if we're talking 2003-present).

I said that because wade just came in 03 and was declining by 2011. Dude isn't a historical talent, so we can really only compare him to the guys of his generation.

That's fine. I was only answering dude's claim about the past 15 years. You said it yourself, he came in at 03, and was already declining by 2011. Sure his peak was historically great, but it was so short relative to the the other great players that were in the league in the past 15 years.

so can you name me 10 better players from the last 11, since that's how long he's been in? that one poster was def reaching with the top 10 of the last 15 statement, but of his era, its debatable. We also have to talk about when eras end. Does your era end just when your prime ends, or is your era the entire time your're in the L? if thats the case, things can get messy, since shaq and scottie, A.I. etc were still playing

Last edited:
Iverson was elite basically the minute he stepped in the league. So 1996-2008 of dominance.

i'll put wade over chris paul and dwight, maybe even nash.
Would disagree. Those guys were and have been elite for a longer duration man. I guess it all depends on how much one values longevity.
wade came in around the same time as chris paul, and he's definitely had a better career. dwight probably had 3 stellar years, others have been stat stuffing. tony parker is not even comparable, nash was only ever good in a gimmick offense (but he was really good nonetheless).

top 10 players of the past fifteen:

kobe

dirk

bron

shaq

garnett

iverson

timmy

t mac

wade

kidd

and i don't even like wade like tat.

I think you have to be pretty young to say that Wade was a better player over the last 15 years than Kidd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom