2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if people realize that the Heat teams in 2010-2013 were better than this current Cavs roster. Those Heat teams didn't run through the east, so why are people saying this Cavs team will?

I expect them to struggle a bit before they learn how to win. Might even make it to the finals and lose. Remember this is a young team and organization who hasn't won. They have to go through pain on order to win. Every team does, you can't short cut championships no matter what people may think.

LeBron will be the first person to say its a process.

Last edited:
I wonder if people realize that the Heat teams in 2010-2013 were better than this current Cavs roster. Those Heat teams didn't run through the east, so why are people saying this Cavs team will?

I expect them to struggle a bit before they learn how to win. Might even make it to the finals and lose. Remember this is a young team and organization who hasn't won. They have to go through pain on order to win. Every team does, you can't short cut championships no matter what people may think.

Meh. The Cavs if they stay Healthy will go straight to the finals and represent the east. Struggles or not, they'll get straight to the finals.

Meh. The Cavs if they stay Healthy will go straight to the finals and represent the east. Struggles or not, they'll get straight to the finals.

I'm glad we agree they have the best chance to make it to the finals, but this team will be judged in Championships. Can they stay together in adversity or will they fall apart.

Imagine what the climate will be like if they lose? Celtics won in their first year together, but they had three war tested veterans on their squad.

I personally feel they will eventually fire their current coach and get John Caliparii in there next season.... lol

If they fail, he's the first on the chopping block

Last edited:
I'd say they have a 75% chance of making it to the finals! gotta leave some room for error because it's sports and **** does happen.

I could see the bulls causing them some problems in a playoff matchup....they have the front line , good wing defenders, shooting , and a great pg so things could get interesting real quick.

Pssst... the Heat team started off going to the Finals and losing.

So saying "That team was better than this team. This team might go to the Finals just to lose"... I mean... so did that team.

I'm glad we agree they have the best chance to make it to the finals, but this team will be judged in Championships. Can they stay together in adversity or will they fall apart.

Imagine what the climate will be like if they lose? Celtics won in their first year together, but they had three war tested veterans on their squad.

I personally feel they will eventually fire their current coach and get John Caliparii in there next season.... lol

If they fail, he's the first on the chopping block

Well I don't know what lens your judging them from, but for me, I don't look at it like that. I'm not judging them off of championships or legacy, or whatever term the media wants to use to romanticize Lebron and the Cavs.

Simply put, there's no team in the east that should (and I don't think will) beat a team with Lebron, KL, and Kyrie and some of the other pieces they now have 4 out of 7 times. Don't see it happening. Teams with this much talent usually go straight to the finals.

I don't expect them to win a ring though. Too many teams out west that I would pick to defeat them in a 7 game series.

I wonder if people realize that the Heat teams in 2010-2013 were better than this current Cavs roster. Those Heat teams didn't run through the east
Quote me next time bro :lol:

The 2011 Miami Heat ran through the East, beating everyone in 5.

The next year Bosh was hurt & didn't play so they struggled with Indy & Boston. The next year Wade was hurt and they struggled.

Then last season they had a sweep, a 5 game series, and what would've been another five game if Bron didn't have that 5 point game due to foul trouble which is extremely uncharacteristic from the league's best player.

So yeah, when their stars were on the court, they ran through the East.

Cleveland has A+ rebounding, shooting, & stars so I expect a similar romp through the East if everyone is healthy

Last edited:
Kyrie ain't got d wade iq, injury prone and plays no d. Kevin love plays no d, injury prone and neither has playoff experience. Then u got jr smiths clone coming off the bench, let's not crown them until we see them play. At 100% if they all stay healthy they got the best chance, but let's not act like the other 2 have playoff experience or ever stayed healthy long enough to see the playoffs if they did make it

darthska darthska Great point, with the Heat they learned from failure, but the organization and people within the team knew what it was to win... All the Cavs have is LeBron and a few Heat Role players. I guess what I wanted to emphasize is this team's ability to form that championship culture. Will LeBron be able to bring that magic from Maimi to Cleveland... Should that even be his responsibility?

We already see Waiters out here yapping at the mouth. How will this team respond when they face adversity. If they don't win a championship, will this organization be able to adjust and come back stronger? Will this young team be there for LeBron when he needs them to step up? It'll be an interesting season that's for sure.

Kyrie ain't got d wade iq, injury prone and plays no d. Kevin love plays no d, injury prone and neither has playoff experience. Then u got jr smiths clone coming off the bench, let's not crown them until we see them play. At 100% if they all stay healthy they got the best chance, but let's not act like the other 2 have playoff experience or ever stayed healthy long enough to see the playoffs if they did make it

I concur. And lets not leave out the coach. Does anyone else but me see this coach as a potential problem for this team? How do you respect and listen to this coach if you're LeBron? Who on that team can actually yell at LeBron? I think that may present another problem down the road.

Only teammates lebron ever had that would put him in his place if needed was ricky Davis and Alaska finest top 10 chalmers

U can't talk about the Cavs injury prone players and ignore the injury prone players among their competition.

Rose, Wade, Nene, D Will & Lopez all fit that description.

Injuries could derai Cleveland, sure. They could also derail the other EC teams who employ injury prone players.

And Love doesn't play D? Isnt that what Varejao's for?

Cleveland's bench is somewhat suspect as well...

Not crowning them until I see them play.

Cleveland's bench is somewhat suspect as well...

Not crowning them until I see them play.

Delladova, Mike Miller, Shawn Marion, James Jones, Tristian Thompson, Brendan Haywood. That's six quality rotational players off their bench. I think they'll be alright.

Last edited:
So....what would be enough :lol:

I also think they'll be adding another piece at some point with that trade exception they just got and some of the non-guaranteed players on their roster.

Last edited:
Still holding on to those OJ Mayo pipe dreams I see.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom