2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
woah there.....

2014 Lance is definitely a better player than 2014 Wade....  for the simple facts that a) he's going to play every night and b) he's going to play defense every night 

I think Lance could average 19 PPG in a city where he was the for sure #2 option.... the rebounds and assists are there 

the Pacers ran one of the worst offenses in the league... I have never seen a team with so much post potential play "small ball" ... **** was painful to watch

HOWEVER

im not completely sold on FUTURE Lance.... PAID Lance..... Lance with a new contract scares me 
I don't think so. His defense is over rated. He talked all that trash bout wades knee but then wade pretty much got whatever he wanted against him. And Wade still rebounds well and plays passing lanes very good. Lances head will never be there in my opinion.

If I was Riles and Arison, I'd offer D Wade 7 mil a year over 4 years and a 2% stake in the team after he retires. With the Heat worth 770 mil that'll give Wade his 40 mil and maybe more if the value of the franchise goes up (which it will).

Do you understand what you just said?

If that was me, i'd take that offer in a HEARTBEAT. No questions asked. Where do I sign? :lol:

Last edited:

i'd take that offer in a HEARTBEAT. No questions asked. Where do I sign? :lol:

Anybody would...that's a bomb *** deal what works for both sides. Giving Dwade 7 mil would give them major flexibility and allow him to ride off to his cushy Front Office job next door to Alonzo. Plus Arison owns 100% of the Heat (no co-owners) he could give Wade 2% and not lose a wink of sleep.

Plus being a part owner would motivate Wade to keep healthy and keep winning to increase the value of the franchise.

Phil trying to move Bargnani and Stoudemire. Wonder if he's trying to bring LeBron to NY with Carmelo.

I'm not a fan of the Granger acquisition, but I guess he can operate as the new Rashard for the team.

I do like the McRoberts acquisition though.

Wish LBJ and Melo would hurry up and make their decisions. All FA movement is hinging on them, and I'd like to get a clearer picture of what my team is doing. 

The new narrative for the offseason is the exact same now with every reporter.

LeBron and Melo are waiting on their decision until Bosh decides if he is or isn't going to Houston. Meanwhile, Bosh is waiting on LeBron. All while Wade is already verbally committed to the Heat.

Now all reporters are doing are trying to spin the above into new stories to write and fill page space with. It's very possible we don't get decisions from anyone for weeks.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the Granger acquisition, but I guess he can operate as the new Rashard for the team.

Based on his limited time on the Clippers, that's seems like what his role is going to have to be. He didn't do much more than stand on the perimeter and shoot 3s. His defense was decent though.

I really don't see Lebron/Melo moving again. I think they will both resign. Their announced free agency was a move to have other teams crap out, and it's more publicity for the league, a sports-opera.

I do like the McRoberts acquisition though.
McRoberts is fine, but after hearing about Lowry, Gasol, Deng, Ariza, and all of these other unrealistic options then it seems like a huge let down to circle back with McRoberts and Granger. Granger offers nothing defensively, and who evens knows how many games he plays due to health. He's also gone downhill in regards to his 3 point shooting, but the sample size is much smaller. 

Hope Bron heads back to Cleveland. 

Some should consider this as a reminder that no matter how great your go-to-guy is,
basketball was, is and will be a team sport.

This is exactly why I don't think erasing the cap would severely damage the league. There would still be teams competing and players loyal to those cities and passing the big city/big money. Marcin Gortat wouldn't have signed ANYWHERE but Wiz this FA. No way no how. NY LA etc already get choice in most pickups, so no cap wouldn't change this a lot

Cap should be minimum of 50- maximum 150

Last edited:
In what world is letting go of wade and taking lance a better option. Lance isn't even a better player then wade now with his knees failing him. Just because dude is getting tv for antics dosent mean he's a better option then wade.

woah there.....

2014 Lance is definitely a better player than 2014 Wade....  for the simple facts that a) he's going to play every night and b) he's going to play defense every night 

I think Lance could average 19 PPG in a city where he was the for sure #2 option.... the rebounds and assists are there 

the Pacers ran one of the worst offenses in the league... I have never seen a team with so much post potential play "small ball" ... **** was painful to watch

HOWEVER

im not completely sold on FUTURE Lance.... PAID Lance..... Lance with a new contract scares me 
I don't think so. His defense is over rated. He talked all that trash bout wades knee but then wade pretty much got whatever he wanted against him. And Wade still rebounds well and plays passing lanes very good. Lances head will never be there in my opinion.

Lance's defense wasnt overrated by any means. Wade got whatever he wanted by running through 3 screens a possession. When yolo went iso with lebron he gave him alot of trouble on defense. Lance rebounds better than wade, passes better than wade, shoots 3s better than wade, wade's just a better scorer and has a mean mid range game. Lances head is overly talked about, just a grade A **** talker. :smokin People were throwing shade on him for no reason, I remember one dude (forgot who it was) said he was taking his team out of the game in one of the ECF games, when in actuality he was the only dude who showed up.

i'd take that offer in a HEARTBEAT. No questions asked. Where do I sign? :lol:

Anybody would...that's a bomb *** deal what works for both sides. Giving Dwade 7 mil would give them major flexibility and allow him to ride off to his cushy Front Office job next door to Alonzo. Plus Arison owns 100% of the Heat (no co-owners) he could give Wade 2% and not lose a wink of sleep.

Plus being a part owner would motivate Wade to keep healthy and keep winning to increase the value of the franchise.

They cant do that :lol:

@Chris_Broussard  a source tells me that Lebron James, along with Maverick Carter, attended a Josh McRoberts shoot-around this morning and a decision will be made this month

@Chris_Broussard a source tells me that Lebron James, along with Maverick Carter, attended a Josh McRoberts shoot-around this morning and a decision will be made this month
THIS MONTH?!?! This ish is honestly getting out of hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom