2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thunder had 2 top 12 players but were blown out by the Spurs without their rim protector Ibaka, yet somehow Melo is an upgrade over bosh.

The Spurs just won a championship playing beautiful free flowing TEAM basketball, but everyone is in a rush to sign Melo.

No one in the NBA wants to learn.
mean.gif
it's hard to find players who are unselfish and a coach like pop to lead them. that's a big reason why you'll never see another team play like the spurs.

no one should ever listen to broussard, all that guy does is make up rumors and use "my sources told me" to back it up.

Last edited:
Melo worked pretty well in a pass heavy, free flowing offense when the Knicks had JKidd. He's also a really good passer when that's his role. Considering the type of knockdown shooter he is, there's no reason he wouldn't put up absurd efficiency numbers playing off Lebron. Offense wouldn't be the problem - it would be defense obviously.

A-Friend just be tryna bait ****** into an argument ...damn near every post is talking **** about something

7-4-96: New York Knicks sign Allan Houston to seven-year, $56 million deal.

After making overtures at free agents Michael Jordan and Reggie Miller, the Knicks “settled” on the less-heralded Houston. Houston opted out after five years and re-upped for a six-year, $100 million contract because Knicks, that’s why.

7-11-96: Los Angeles Lakers  deal Vlade Divac to the Charlotte Hornets  for Kobe Bryant.

Just your typical deal sending a borderline All-Star center in the prime of his career to a team for an 18-year old shooting guard that was cautioned by many  that his first few years in the NBA would turn out nothing like Kevin Garnett’s relatively steady rookie year from months prior. This move also opened up over $4.7 million in cap space for the Lakers, to potentially be used later on frontcourt help.

7-12-96: Chicago Bulls sign Michael Jordan to a one-year, $30.4 million contract.

Just the greatest player ever, signing for what was then the largest one-year take in NBA history, only to be topped next summer by Jordan’s next one-year take of over $31 million. If Carmelo Anthony signs to a maximum contract extension with the New York Knicks this summer, during the final year of the deal he will approximate what Jordan made with this contract, while working at two years older than MJ, and without the benefit of Scottie Pippen’s tiny (ranked 122nd in the NBA that year) deal. You can understand Phil Jackson’s hesitation.

7-14-96: Miami Heat  sign Alonzo Mourning to a seven-year, $105 million contract.

The NBA, with this deal, finally had its first $100 million player.
eek.gif

espn 30 for 30 called 10 days

Last edited:
A-Friend just be tryna bait ****** into an argument ...damn near every post is talking **** about something

Probably just the ones you read then.
I bring more than debate to this thread.
Don't just respond/comprehend the "baited" questions then.
Or don't respond, fixed

suppose the heat lose bosh and add melo:

they're still probably the favorite in the east.

the pacers are probably losing lance. and roy, well who knows.
how much better will the raptors be? and is it enough to beat miami?
the wizards in the same boat. still waiting to see what happens with ariza.

after that...?

then they'd lose to a western conference team imo.

Still wondering this though...
Who would that "Star" be that Lebron I supposedly bringing with him back to Cleveland? I can't make a good Guess even

What if Lebron announce he signing a 10 year 500 million dollar contract to go over seas. He is announcing it at the UN and that would be pretty gangsta

suppose the heat lose bosh and add melo:

they're still probably the favorite in the east.

the pacers are probably losing lance. and roy, well who knows.
how much better will the raptors be? and is it enough to beat miami?
the wizards in the same boat. still waiting to see what happens with ariza.

after that...?

then they'd lose to a western conference team imo.

That's pretty much what I said a few pages back.

speaking of the WNBA...

I sat in front of my TV today and almost watched a full quarter of that ****, I was like hypnotized by the fact that there were literally about 200 people in attendance and Big Tigger was sitting courtside (he was the only person in the entire row) w/ a microphone... is he the Craig Sager of the WNBA now? need to look this up...

Last edited:
Still wondering this though...
Who would that "Star" be that Lebron I supposedly bringing with him back to Cleveland? I can't make a good Guess even

Nobody. That guy on twitter was just talking out of his ***. Wade followed Rich Paul on IG though :lol:.

Dream Adds Big Tigger as In-Arena Co-Host

ATLANTA, June 12, 2014 – The WNBA Atlanta Dream has added V-103 radio personality Big Tigger as an in-arena co-host for its home games, the team announced today. He will join Shamea Morton to host all in-game entertainment, contests and promotions during Dream games.
"We are excited that Big Tigger has agreed to join the Atlanta Dream Family as our in-arena co-host,” said Atlanta Dream President and General Manager Angela Taylor. “Our goal is for every fan who attends an Atlanta Dream game to have an unbelievable experience, and Big Tigger will help us accomplish that. He brings a wealth of event-hosting experience, unmatched energy, passion for and knowledge of the WNBA, and a globally recognized brand that will help us as we continue to enhance our in-arena entertainment and presence in the Atlanta market.”

"I’m glad to have the opportunity to add to the already incredible Atlanta Dream game experience,” said Big Tigger. “I'm looking forward to interacting with the amazing fans of one of the WNBA's elite teams."
Big Tigger, one of Atlanta’s most distinctive personalities, hosts the afternoon drive time slot (2-6 p.m.) on V-103, serves as the official DJ of the Atlanta Hawks and previously was the official DJ and in-game host for the Washington Wizards. His abilities as a DJ and host have kept him in demand for celebrities from Shaquille O’Neal to Michael Jordan, as well as corporations such as Nike and Macy’s.
During his time in Washington, Big Tigger reached millions of fans weekly as the host of his internationally syndicated countdown show, “Live In The Den With Big Tigger”, as well as his Emmy nominated entertainment TV program on DC’s CW50 Network, “Direct Access with Big Tigger”.

Big Tigger entered the television scene doing voiceovers for Black Entertainment Television in 1996, while still working the radio circuit. Within a year, fans were watching him on-camera, in Rap City's "Hip Hop News," and he advanced to become the co-host of Rap City in its tenth season. He then became the lone video jockey, hosting the show from 1999–2005.

The three-time Eastern Conference Champion Atlanta Dream is in its seventh season in the Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA). The Dream has qualified for the playoffs in each of the past five seasons, including conference titles in 2013, 2011 and 2010. Season tickets and single-game tickets for the 2014 season can be purchased by calling (877) 977-7729 or visiting www.AtlantaDream.net. The next home game is scheduled for Friday, June 13, against the Minnesota Lynx at 7:30 p.m. The complete 2014 schedule can be found at www.wnba.com/dream/schedule.

- See more at: http://www.wnba.com/dream/news/dreamaddsbigtigger061214.html#sthash.t4ui9vp6.dpuf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom