2014 NBA Summer League (Orlando: July 5-11) & (Las Vegas: July 11-21)

So, one name, one word: Who is the future NBA star, from this years Summer League.

Not necessarily ROY. I'm talking, prospect, potential, skill set, and eye test.

Who is it?

Sanders, Henson, and the Greek is crazy length. I wonder does Bari start day one, or is he asked to come in and just get buckets.

Freaks of Nature are becoming more common :lol:

Giannis has definitely grown physically...guy looks taller now than he did during the season.

6'11 SFs for everyone

Sanders, Henson, and the Greek is crazy length. I wonder does Bari start day one, or is he asked to come in and just get buckets.

Not sure if srs

He's their best chance of averaging a respectable amount of points each game :lol:

aite so who comes off the bench?

you act like nobody can come off the pine and avg 20+

Last edited:
I'm not acting like Bari can't come off the bench and score but he's gonna start whether you like it or not

Why can't OJ come off the bench?

Pretty sure Illyasova can be a serviceable bench player as well

Remember, Bari is most NBA ready, he will start from day 1

Last edited:
yea I dig, if im coaching its just hard for me to sit Henson or Greek for Bari until he fully up to par.

If last season is any indication, Kidd will go Sanders/Jabari/Alphabet/Knight/Guard as his starting line up.

If Milwaukee can find a way to keep most of those guys together because we all know someone is going to want out....they might actually get somewhere. You already have a high level defensive big in Sanders when his head is on straight, a worthy back up big in Henson, I could see Ersan wanting out even though he hasn't lived up to the contract he earned, Bari as a poor man's Melo/Pierce hybrid, Giannis as your swiss army knife...guard play is questionable though.

This is meant to be over a few years of course, not this season btw.

Last edited:
If Milwaukee can find a way to keep most of those guys together because we all know someone is going to want out....they might actually get somewhere. You already have a high level defensive big in Sanders when his head is on straight, a worthy back up big in Henson, I could see Ersan wanting out even though he hasn't lived up to the contract he earned, Bari as a poor man's Melo/Pierce hybrid, Giannis as your swiss army knife...guard play is questionable though.

This is meant to be over a few years of course, not this season btw.

In Ersan's defense, Larry Drew had no clue how to use him last season. The guy can give you 15 and 10 in his sleep.

It's Bari's team (Alphabet's the most talented tho). They're not bringing him off the bench.

BTW...where's all the people who said Alphabet didn't possess all the skills he's displaying right now? They said he couldn't create off the bounce...wasn't great at any particular one thing.

Last edited:
:lol: at jabari not starting & both henson and sanders being on the floor at the same time, thats asking to stay a lotto team

Kidd about to mold giannis into the next penny

Knight/giannis/bari/ily/sanders

Knight playing more off ball since hes more of a shooter & oj the 6th man

I have no idea if Randle's face up game will translate to real NBA games, but it's fun-intriguing to watch. Much better than just dumping the ball into him in the post. He'll need to develop a right hand because he hasn't hit a single jump shot in SL nor did he make many while at UK.

He definitely has to make quicker moves come regular season. His body control is unbelievable at his size, though. He really knows how to use it. Developing his right hand would help a lot, but there are definitely guys who get buy as one hand bandits. 
laugh.gif

It's really Griffin-esque. Randle just doesn't have the elite explosion like Griffin.

He definitely has to make quicker moves come regular season. His body control is unbelievable at his size, though. He really knows how to use it. Developing his right hand would help a lot, but there are definitely guys who get buy as one hand bandits:lol:

This is what I've been saying. I swear every lefty in the league is left hand dominant :lol:

I also think randle is just as explosive as blake. Same numbers at the combine and I've seen randle with his head at the rim at times. Not as strong as blake but more fluid by virtue of not being as muscle bound. If he's encouraged and groomed to work on his floor game and play making he may have a higher ceiling since that aspect of blake's game has mostly been ignored since cp3 came along

This is what I've been saying. I swear every lefty in the league is left hand dominant :lol:

I also think randle is just as explosive as blake. Same numbers at the combine and I've seen randle with his head at the rim at times. Not as strong as blake but more fluid by virtue of not being as muscle bound. If he's encouraged and groomed to work on his floor game and play making he may have a higher ceiling since that aspect of blake's game has mostly been ignored since cp3 came along
pass me whatever you smoking or sniffing

Back
Top Bottom