2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

Have a little survey as I'm writing my offseason thing.

onewearz onewearz P proshares @KingFoamNYC @GotHolesInMyShoes macbk macbk Hahahaha Hahahaha Cashflow Cashflow @Ecook0808 @toine2983 isco isco

Or really anybody else who sees this.

What's your opinion on bringing Chris Young back? Maybe 2 year / $8-10mil as starting RF. Batting somewhere 7-9 in the order

My bad dude, just noticed this now.

Not sure if I want him starting, but I would definitely welcome him back as our 4th OF.

Would love A-Rod gone and Headley in at 3B permanently. And now that I think about it, a Melky reunion could work out for us.

Last edited:
Just too much clutter trying to fit A-Rod, Headley, Beltran & Melky. What is the likelihood Headley wants to play somewhere where he will have to sit 30 more games? We have to assume no injuries because that's the only approach anyone can have. Only definite injury is Nova for a few months.

I get the organizations urge to keep A-Rod, I do. But if winning is the goal, the best course of action is to just pay him his money to leave. Or MAKE him to play a non-everyday role.

We can always go get Melky with A-Rod & Beltran still here, and it would work nicely in terms of how much playing time everyone gets.

BUT, how much is A-Rod really going to contribute. 39 years old, no PEDs, missed the entire season in 2014, played only 44 games in 2013, looked mediocre in 2012, and missed 63 games in 2011.

20 homeruns, 70 RBIs batting in the .260s best case scenario?

Even with Headley producing less on offense, he is not injury prone (i.e. none of his injuries have been lingering or have long term impact like back surgery for A-Rod), and I know I'm getting one of the best gloves at thirdbase, 9 years younger, I have to take that.

What concerns me is we do not have a #3 hitter. Beltran & Teix are not those guys. Melky isn't a #3 hitter. Just like Jeter is no longer a #2 hitter, A-Rod isn't a #3 or #4 hitter anymore.

Ignoring A-Rod & Headley, this is the lineup as it should be in 2015:
1 - Ellsbury, 2- Gardner , 3- ??, 4- McCann, 5 - Teixeira, 6 - Beltran, 7- ??, 8- Prado, 9 - ??

McCann 4th because he has more power than Teix at this point, and I'd like to get him in better run producing situations, which could help lessen shift

Last edited:
If we can bring back Young for the low to be a 4th Outfielder I'd be all for it.

Olbermann is a ***** for this. He isnt saying anything we didnt already know. Jetes was a career .322 hitter until '07, and even then only had like 2 or 3 seasons where he wasnt hovering around at least .300. Ok, the Yanks, Steiner, and MLB are making $$$$$$ off of this, but who ******* cares? Jeter's Offensive WAR was at the top of the league during his prime and WS years. And is 4th in among active players in WAR,

**** OFF, KIETH.

What's Olbermann's deal with Jeter? :lol: Dude hates the Yanks.

I always thought he was a Yankee fan until like a couple years ago.

On the other hand, his mom was a huge Yankee fan. Was the recipient to the head of an errant throw by Chuck Knoblauch from 2nd Base. Damn you and your horrible throwing Knoblauch.

Last edited:
I'm 96% sure Keith is a Yankees fan. I think he's just trying to get attention and ratings. I don't **** with him, he's a clown. I've seen him randomly disrespect my guy Alex too many times. Then start his new show by trying to disrespect Francesa. Corny.

essential1 essential1 , eventually I will respond to all the great insights you have.

Keith has always had a bone with the Yanks when he used to commentate. It is what it is.

I spied Willie Randolph in the crowd... Get that man a number 30 jersey and out there coaching 1st base

I'm sitting at section 232a behind a bunch of loud *** females.

Crazy how it's Jetes last day game at home :smh:

Some Jeter stats:

At-bats per hit
Jeter: 3.2308 AB / H
Rose 3.301 AB / H

7 years Top 10 Offensive WAR. 1998, 1999, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009. Two years #1 1999 & 2006

2001 missed by .1

Top 10 Offensive WAR: Rose 9 times. Gwynn 3 times. Ripken 5 times.

11 times Top 10 in Hits
Ripken 4 times
Gwynn 9 times
Rose was a yearly candidate of this.

9 times in Top 10 Runs Score
Ripken & Gwynn 3 times each.
Rose yearly candidate

If you look at his postseason stats is essentially a full season... 158 Games.. .308 / .374 / .465 / .916 111 Runs. 200 H 20 HRs 61 RBIs 18 SB

In the World Series BA .250, .353, .353 , .409, .148, .346, 407

Last edited:
this rainstorm that's about to hit the city is perfect with the depression i'm feeling ... not even taking my umbrella to work :smh:

this rainstorm that's about to hit the city is perfect with the depression i'm feeling ... not even taking my umbrella to work :smh:

tumblr_m5bq0gwqFu1qc2jhfo1_500.gif

Back
Top Bottom