2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

Giradi says plan is for Jeter to be in the starting lineup for each of the last 7 games.

Get to the Stadium while you can...

Last edited:
I'd bring Chris Young back maybe as a 4th outfielder or a call up, not as the starter.

Something someone told me the other day that made me squint and scratch my beard was bring Melky back. Cano aint here anymore for him to be a "bad influence" to, and Melky is a ballplayer now. Have him start in RF and Beltran DH with Arod.

As far as Young being the starter , no ...

I thought Melky too. But from a cost saving standpoint because ARod throws the whole damn thing in the ocean if we want Headley back too.

Also hole at SS. And no one to replace it.

Young offers cheap cost and could produce something not many at the bottom of an order can.

Last edited:
Im sorry but I honestly could care less if the Yanks save money, as much as they charge us to see games and with that YES network they're doing just fine. As far as saving money to not hear the rest of baseball ***** that we're spending too much and they cant keep up , good , we're baseball royalty it's how it goes down ...

Saltiness level is pretty high ...

I would bring Chris Young back as a 4th outfielder / platoon DH. Ichiro is on his last legs and I just like CY I think he's a gamer. Would love Melky but not for his price. Dude is gonna get paid

I don't want Chris Young. He was awful this year for the Mets. Not sure why he was hitting for us but I could see us giving him a little too much and he would hit .201 and get designated quick next season.

I wouldn't mind Melky but I don't think we go for him.

WE GOT A PUIG !!!!!!!!!!

BAMO !!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ "We Got A Puig."

Like you could pick one up at the department store.

Have a little survey as I'm writing my offseason thing.

onewearz onewearz @Proshares kingfoamnyc kingfoamnyc @GotHolesInMyShoes macbk macbk Hahahaha Hahahaha @Mr Cashfl0w @Ecook0808 T0INE T0INE isco isco

Or really anybody else who sees this.

What's your opinion on bringing Chris Young back? Maybe 2 year / $8-10mil as starting RF. Batting somewhere 7-9 in the order

No thanks with C Young..typically when players get DFA'd and they get signed or called up they are hungry and got something to prove..but eventually come down to reality..I'd much rather take Alex Rios..I don't kno if ichiro wil b back we will see..

We def gotta keep prado and headley

I actually thought Steven Drew could b in pinstripes for a few years but he's def not making the squad next season

Jeter gone will b an interesting dynamic..I don't kno what moves they wil make in the offseason but I expect a huge move..

I see AROD as DH next yr

Beltran more likely to be DH. Which means ARod 3B. And Headley gone.

And I hate everything about that

I agree. I bet they want him back.

But if we don't give him everyday play, he'll likely want to go elsewhere.

With Beltran & A-Rod... That makes it difficult.

Yeah i don't even kno beltrans contract..maybe headley shortstop? Lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom