2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

I'm getting tired of reading articles of people saying we should let Robertson walk.

It's a really frustrating thing to read.

Betances has more value as a Set Up man. Why? Because he can throw multiple innings. What's the likelihood we start bringing in Betances in the 8th to Save Games.

Also you don't break up a good thing. We have the opportunity to have a lights out bullpen that if we are winning will keep the lead, if we are tied keep it tied, and if losing keep us in it. That is something that makes everything much easier.

When letting Robertson go, we are not replacing him with known commodities. Sure Dellin can be as good as Robertson, assuming it translates to a Closer role, but let's assume it does. Who is going to step up and be what Dellin is as a Set-Up. Warren? He doesn't have that kind of stuff. Lindgren? He looks great, hasn't pitched 1 out in a Major League Game.

Even if Lindgren can be a good set up man. Having Warren - Lindgren - Betances - Robertson bullpen is so damn scary that you can't let that opportunity pass

Just think about this.
Warren cannot become a Free Agent until 2019
Betances cannot become a Free Agent until 2020
If we brought up Lindgren in 2016 and give him an extra year, can't be a Free Agent 2022
If we sign Robertson to a 4 year deal he's a Free Agent before 2019.

Why would you screw with that?

Last edited:
Last home game for the captain can't believe it 
frown.gif

Would have been sick if it was gone....We need to see one more "Jeter" throw tonight too

I got off work early so now I'll be able to watch the game, thankfully.

It'll be an emotional night when he officially makes his last appearance in Yankee Stadium, but I'm ready.

I got teary when he came up to bat in the 1st..Got teary when he came up to bat in the 2nd..I see a pattern developing here..

Back
Top Bottom