2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

Tonight's game is postponed due to this **** rain that isn't ending until tomorrow :smh: .

cano gave up a legacy, he'll have no such thing in seattle. case in point, griffey jr was great, one of the greatest ever, how do you think he'd been considered if he were a yankee ? he would've been a god , not fizzing out a great career in chicago.

as much as everyone hates it, these pinstripes mean greatness. cano gave up greatness to be good .....

cano gave up a legacy, he'll have no such thing in seattle. case in point, griffey jr was great, one of the greatest ever, how do you think he'd been considered if he were a yankee ? he would've been a god , not fizzing out a great career in chicago.

as much as everyone hates it, these pinstripes mean greatness. cano gave up greatness to be good .....

I know what you're getting at. But when you bring up Griffey Jr, what do you think about Ichiro with us still this season and last?

Surely he won't be going into the Hall as a Yankee...

Good point ... ichiro has a legacy in Seattle, lets see what tanaka pulls off here and how its treated ...

Ichiro wanted out of Seattle because he wanted to go to a contending team. Never was gonna win there.

Alex Rodriguez wanted to stay in Seattle but Seattle didn't want to pay him. He was gonna give them the hometown discount.

I'm over the whole Cano thing. He got roughly an extra 90 million dollars to go to Seattle after taxes. If that camel wasn't around, Yankees would have paid Cano because they wouldn't have rolled the dice with Scott Boras. No one was paying Cano, the camel didn't know what he was doing so the Yankees played hardball. Mariners were desperate and bailed the camel out. Our team looks good without Cano, wish he stayed but oh well.

Ichiro wanted out of Seattle because he wanted to go to a contending team. Never was gonna win there.

Alex Rodriguez wanted to stay in Seattle but Seattle didn't want to pay him. He was gonna give them the hometown discount.

I'm over the whole Cano thing. He got roughly an extra 90 million dollars to go to Seattle after taxes. If that camel wasn't around, Yankees would have paid Cano because they wouldn't have rolled the dice with Scott Boras. No one was paying Cano, the camel didn't know what he was doing so the Yankees played hardball. Mariners were desperate and bailed the camel out. Our team looks good without Cano, wish he stayed but oh well.

Well said for all three points, especially Cano. I certainly want him in at 2B over Roberts, but at the end of the day I haven't lost any sleep over him bolting.

With the nice weather hopefully its a bigger crowd tonight and they let that prick have it ...

Ells_Mariners_attack.gif

So I'm going to the game tmrw night and it's my first time in the area. Any bars you guys would recommend before (or after) the game? I'm a college student so would rather it not be too pricey. Also would be down to meet any NTers and have a few drinks if you're going to the game. 

he ain't look solid, lets keep it real. but like I said , when, do we start worrying ... my pessimism is under control right now ....

I've been worried about Kuroda since his last 6-8 starts of last year. His arm is looking dead. Not bad last night but not Kuroda either.

Of course we pretty much get swept by Seattle, what a joke. This reminds me of us getting swept by the sorry *** Mets last year :x

Eh, it's early in the year. I'll give Kuroda (especially how he's been for us) at least until the end of May before getting worried. He's a ground ball pitcher in front a pretty piss poor infield.

Of course we pretty much get swept by Seattle, what a joke. This reminds me of us getting swept by the sorry *** Mets last year :x

That's because we faced a pitcher we've never seen before. Same old story when it comes to those match-ups :smh: .

Back
Top Bottom