2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

This season is turning into last season :frown:

Upcoming offseason will be another big spending one. So there's that :D

Last edited:
I knew our rotations success was too good to be true. Went from such a high to the lowest of lows in one fell swoop.

I guess the bright side:

Rotation...
Tanaka is far exceeding expectations. He's a #2 at least for sure.
Pineda was great. He looked like a great 3. I doubt he gets injured if he doesn't get suspended. Seemed just like a freak set of occurences that put him wrong place wrong time.
We can move C.C. to #4 next year. I know C.C. feels pride being #1, but I think he knows his day has come, even if your spot in the rotation is only significant one time through the rotation.

Scherzer is definitely hitting Free Agency. Tigers have a bunch of big contracts, and doubt Scherzer will settle after declining their first offer. He'll have about 120 less games started than C.C. had when he was the same age. Scherzer will be in his 8th year, CC was 27 in his 8th year (also the season before he came to the Yankees).

Bullpen:
Warren has found his place in the bullpen, he has been great. He's pitched in half the games this year, and has a .857 WHIP.
Betances still has slight issues with control, but he's been a monster. He has 16 K/9.
David Robertson is a very good closer.
Claiborne is looking very good since being called up, hopefully he can keep it up a full season.
Kelley has been great, the Angels game withstanding.
Thornton has been decent, although I miss Boone.

So we have 2 solid starters at 2/3. C.C. should fare better lower in the rotation. And we have an entire bullpen of really good pitchers.

We also don't have a lot of big name Free Agents from our team either.. Only David Robertson. Maybe Soriano if he wants to play another year, and it'll be a cheap contract.

Last edited:
Fastest White Guy on Earth. 
pimp.gif
 Grand salami.

I stepped away from the tv and missed it :smh:

I was outside grilling, heard Sterling's call on my radio and ran quick into the house to make sure he wasn't calling a fly-ball :rofl: .

Happy Birthday Yogi :pimp: . Feel like he's been in his 80s for so long now haha.

Back
Top Bottom