2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

I was hard on him and thought he wouldn't keep it up but he's surprised me. I still don't think hits as well as he has or that close to it but he's been very impressive.

Wouldn't say it's over. Not with this Met's pen that runs the Closer by committee.

He's been really good for Colorado considering he's pitching in Colorado. He's only really struggled in one game at home, one in AZ and one in Cincy. All 3 hitters parks so far. It was really dumb to get rid of him for Thornton...especially at only $4.75 million.

Rivera Says He Could Pitch for Yankees Now — If He Wanted

NEW YORK — What a tease.

Mariano Rivera told Michael Kay during of the YES Network's "CenterStage" that he could pitch for the Yankees right now if general manager Brian Cashman called and asked, according to a report from Christian Red of the New York Daily News.

“I can do it,” Rivera was quoted saying. “But, would I do it? No. I’m enjoying what I’m doing now.”

Rivera, 44, retired after nearly 20 years as the greatest closer of all time in 2013.

And he called it quits while on top of his game. In his final season, he earned 44 saves with a 2.11 ERA.

The thought could be extra tantalizing to Yankees fans considering the team's smattering of injuries. Currently, three of the five members of its starting rotation — Ivan Nova, CC Sabathia and Michael Pienda — are on the disabled list.

Why play with my emotions like that for Mo? :smh: :smh: :smh:

Our team is solid. They made some good moves with our infield but our pitching is done. Injuries and awful bullpen too. ****

Solarte really ****** us with that botched DP. I'm done watching, can't stand watching us lose to the sorry Mets

Back
Top Bottom