2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

There's an SB Nation article saying Padres are cleaning house for cheap. As long as they are doing that Yankees should take everything they can from them.

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2014/7/...ng-it-away-the-yankees-should-go-on-taking-it

Cashman is very good at the art of the mid-season trade.

2014 Headley, McCarthy, Francis & Capuano for Solarte, De Paula, Nuno & Cash. Didn't give up anything of importance for those guys
2013 Soriano for Cory Black. Player to be named for Brendan Ryan
2012 Ichiro for Danny Farquhar, DJ Mitchell
2010 Kerry Wood for Players to be named later. Lance Berkman for Mark Melancon & Jimmy Paredes
2008 Ivan Rodriguez for Kyle Farnsworth
2007 Jose Molina for Jeff Kennard
2006 Abreu & Liddle for CJ Henry, Jesus Sanchez, Carlos Monasterios & Matt Smith

It's one thing Cashman does well. Instead of getting too giddy and going for the homerun trade that will cost you a lot of assets, he sees low risk guys that have a low cost that improve the team.

Last edited:
Supposedly we're looking at Ian Kennedy now

Forgot why we even got rid of him in the first place

Got us Granderson, so hard to complain.

Apparently, SD wanted Jagielo and Clarkin. Can miss me with that **** :lol:

I'd rather tell Philly that we'll absorb 80-85 percent of what Lee is owed, give them some lower level guys and make the trade for him in August if he proves healthy and they're still in it.

This game is nuts..edit..sorry for the bad word..lol

Last edited:

roll.gif

Why did the Yankees let Melky go? Smh

He was immature and got in trouble a few times for playing around too much. Girardi also like Gardner more and Melky was a little lazy back then. He seems like he's become a pretty good ball player.

Me and my girl were dying over Jeter's reaction last night :rofl:

Last edited:
Seems like McCann is gaining some confidence at the plate.

Texeira should be back soon right?

Last edited:
Cool. I wonder how Girardi is gonna play that situation out. Cervelli has done a decent job as a filler, but I guess it's back to backup catcher for him. McCann back behind the plate, and Tex to first.

Cool. I wonder how Girardi is gonna play that situation out. Cervelli has done a decent job as a filler, but I guess it's back to backup catcher for him. McCann back behind the plate, and Tex to first.

Without Sori, has more ability to use the DH spot as well, and either give Beltran days off leaving Ichiro in the field and giving DH to McCann so Cervelli can play, or put Beltran in the field to open up DH.

But likely Cervelli goes back to backup.

I get Cervelli is always an injury concern so they feel the need to have depth, but I really wish we would start clearing out the Catching ranks for Sanchez in 2016 or 2017. McCann has a few good years as a really good catcher, one of the best framers in the league. Try to grab middle infield prospects which we need more than anything. Romine is a rotting corpse. Murphy was decent, but replaceable. Arcia will never make an impact.

Last edited:
Frustrating game..not sure why McCann didn't get an out when he was checking Cabrera at third when the ball was hit to him

Any predictions on which pitcher the Yankees will last before the deadline? Maybe they can pull a rabbit out of a hat?

Without Sori, has more ability to use the DH spot as well, and either give Beltran days off leaving Ichiro in the field and giving DH to McCann so Cervelli can play, or put Beltran in the field to open up DH.

But likely Cervelli goes back to backup.

I get Cervelli is always an injury concern so they feel the need to have depth, but I really wish we would start clearing out the Catching ranks for Sanchez in 2016 or 2017. McCann has a few good years as a really good catcher, one of the best framers in the league. Try to grab middle infield prospects which we need more than anything. Romine is a rotting corpse. Murphy was decent, but replaceable. Arcia will never make an impact.
They can't put Beltran on the field.  He still has the elbow issue meaning he can't throw.  He's on a another throwing program but they're taking it easy on him after the latest setback.

I personally really like John Ryan Murphy more than Sanchez.  Sanchez has some serious character issues(was benched for a week earlier in the season, and it wasn't the first time he's had to be disciplined in his short career) and is still below average behind the plate.  His hitting progress has stalled as well.  I think trading Sanchez, letting Murphy backup McCann, and using Romine as depth in AAA would be the best plan going into 2015.  Luis Torrens, the Yankees big INTL signing in 2012, has all the makings of next top catching prospect and I think he's the guy they should be grooming as the catcher of the future.

Back
Top Bottom