2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

The days of aura and mystique. The days of consistent starting pitching. The days of timely hitting. We sure were spoiled.

I can't remember which season it was but you couldn't have convinced me otherwise that Ruben Sierra wasn't the most clutch hitter on the face of this Earth. I swear he always put one in the seats when it was needed most. Now Pinch Hitting Ruben Sierra! It's going it's going it's GOOOOONE.

I don't think Headley will be here next year. I do like the trade though.

Alex will be back. People go to games and watch just to boo the guy. With Jeter being gone, Yankees will need Alex.

Are the Yankees looking at Rios???

I think the Yankees throw 150-170 at Lester this offseason.

It helps. We have a solid starting 3rd baseman for the first time since Alex. His bat used to be good and will probably be good in Yankee stadium. The trade is good for sure but how good is the question.

Last edited:
You guys see the scrubs with their atrocious defense they've been trotting out at third? I'll take his defense with the potential for a "change of scenery" offense and be satisfied.

No thanks with Byrd. That NTC and vesting option is no good.

Wait just a second. That Sojo single was on pitch 149 by Leiter :wow: , jesus...

Headley trade doesn't bother me all that much that we parted ways with Solarte. We must make a move for pitching though.

macbk macbk Rangers :lol: not Blue Jays.

DK how I goofed and wrote Jays :lol: .

Last edited:
I can't remember which season it was but you couldn't have convinced me otherwise that Ruben Sierra wasn't the most clutch hitter on the face of this Earth. I swear he always put one in the seats when it was needed most. Now Pinch Hitting Ruben Sierra! It's going it's going it's GOOOOONE.

I made a point to have Ruben Seirra on any of my Triple Play/MVP franchises.. no matter how old he was :lol: .

Crazy how he was traded by the Rangers to the A's for Canseco, and in '89 finished 2nd in the MVP voting.

Who remembers Tanyon Sturtze :pimp: ?

View media item 1092416
View media item 1092417

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom