2014 NFL Draft Thread

So who do you guys think had the best draft?

Homerizim(sp) aside I think my bills had a great draft also the rams and texans had fire drafts imo

Homerizim(sp) aside I think my bills had a great draft also the rams and texans had fire drafts imo

Bills gave up way too much for Watkins IMO but I hope it works out for you guys!

Texans balled out on the draft IMO. That defense. :x

Having me scared for my boy Luck. :frown:

nobody lost in this draft, only team comin close is prob the colts but even that wasnt that bad

Bills gave up way too much for Watkins IMO but I hope it works out for you guys!

Texans balled out on the draft IMO. That defense. :x

Having me scared for my boy Luck. :frown:

Its alot yeah but if he pans out with him CJ Woods gram and now brown :pimp: thats just way to much speed

Lots of good ones. I like what the Bills did. Don't mind the price paid for Sammy given the circumstances.

I feel like the Jets had a great draft. Loving the forthcoming quarterback competition too.

Last edited:
Lots of good ones. I like what the Bills did. Don't mind the price paid for Sammy given the circumstances.

I feel like the Jets had a great draft. Loving the forthcoming quarterback competition too.

What circumstances? How can you endorse that move

What circumstances? How can you endorse that move

Division is down, Patriots aren't as strong and they need a shot in the arm. Sammy provides just that. The offense is stacked with talent and their defense is young and stingy. This sends the message to the organization that they're ready to win. The only real question mark to me is Manual. However, if he pans out, this team will be in the playoffs.

This move for other franchises could be worse. For the Bills...I think they needed it. It will always hurt to lose a first rounder, but Buffalo needed to do something.

Last edited:
Division is down, Patriots aren't as strong and they need a shot in the arm. Sammy provides just that. The offense is stacked with talent and their defense is young and stingy. This sends the message to the organization that they're ready to win. The only real question mark to me is Manual. However, if he pans out, this team will be in the playoffs.

Even if Watkins is truly great, rookie WR are almost always in a learning pattern their first season.

And they just traded away their best receiving option.

Last edited:
Guys like Sammy get through that a lot quicker. They also have a defense in place that keeps them in the games while their offense gets better and better throughout the season. Stevie is a #2 receiver who had to play in the #1 role. Robert Woods is ready flourish and Mike Williams is there now. That is more than sufficient. Stevie was the odd man out.

Guys like Sammy get through that a lot quicker. They also have a defense in place that keeps them in the games while their offense gets better and better throughout the season. Stevie is a #2 receiver who had to play in the #1 role. Robert Woods is ready flourish and Mike Williams is there now. That is more than sufficient. Stevie was the odd man out.

I agree their defense should be good. It was very good last year, but:

-They lost Byrd
-They lost Pettine

We've seen 5 WRs as hyped as Watkins bust in the last 10 years.

They're not in the position to be throwing away firsts when they could easily draft in the top 10 next year.

I agree their defense should be good. It was very good last year, but:

-They lost Byrd
-They lost Pettine

We've seen 5 WRs as hyped as Watkins bust in the last 10 years.

They're not in the position to be throwing away firsts when they could easily draft in the top 10 next year.

If you are part of the Bills organization you would have a much more optimistic view than you do now as an outside observer of the franchise. For one, they probably don't do that trade if they feel like Sammy is one of those receivers that bust, so you can't take an outsiders perspective and tab it to an organizational direction. It just doesn't align with there thought pattern in the first place, so it sets opinions out on different paths. Now, since they don't feel Sammy will bust, then they obviously believe he will be that huge difference maker that most expect him to be, which completely justifies that trade.

Given where this division is, I think they feel -- and I do too -- that they have a very good chance to sneak away with it. The whole mindset of assuming they would get a top ten pick next year doesn't register with them in the here and now. They wanted Sammy and they got him. If he busts, players get hurt, EJ proves to be garbage and/or the coaching staff can't figure it out, then yes, you're probably right. But that isn't the way an organization would approach it. Not when you haven't been to playoffs in how many years.

Last edited:
Charles rogers :frown:

Easily my favorite CFB player besides Larry Fitz. Most talented WR besides Megatron i've ever seen

Back
Top Bottom