2014 NFL Draft Thread

Given Roy Williams production and what he got traded for he wasn't a bust.

BMW and Charles Rodgers though :smh:

Last edited:
Given Roy Williams production and what he got traded for he wasn't a bust.

BMW and Charles Rodgers though :smh:

In the sense of the trade he wasn't, no. But that's only because JJ.

He certainly didn't have a top 10 career

Last edited:
100027 100027 which receivers

Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, Braylon Edwards, Roy Williams etc. were all supposed to be sure stars for years to come.

You could add Blackmon to that list too.

All big possession guys Roy Williams, Edwards, and Blackmon all put up numbers they all got in trouble.
Charles Rogers had substance problem and Lions did not reign him in.
Mike Williams is out right bust.

Those were all poorly run organizations, I don't see that with the Bills, I don't see Watkins being a bust either. I could also argue that if you look receivers taken in the top 10 there have been less and less busts.

100027 100027 which receivers

Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, Braylon Edwards, Roy Williams etc. were all supposed to be sure stars for years to come.

All big possession guys Roy Williams, Edwards, and Blackmon all put up numbers they all got in trouble.
Charles Rogers had substance problem and Lions did not reign him in.
Mike Williams is out right bust.

Those were all poorly run organizations, I don't see that with the Bills, I don't see Watkins being a bust either. I could also argue that if you look receivers taken in the top 10 there have been less and less busts.

I need to know what the Bills are doing or have done to make them a better organization than the Lions or any of those other teams.

Like I said last night Calvin Johnson ain't worth 2 ones and a 4th. No player is outside of a franchise quarterback.

The Bills ain't been to the playoffs in 15 years.

The Browns have been to the playoffs more recently than the Bills.

Last edited:
This move for the Bills can do what it did for the Falcons. EJ isn't where Ryan was in terms of development, but the Falcons also didn't have a 3 headed monster at RB or a studly defense. They have as good a shot at winning the AFC East as anybody.

Last edited:
This move for the Bills can do what it did for the Falcons. EJ isn't where Ryan was in terms of development, but the Falcons also didn't have a 3 headed monster at RB or a studly defense. They have as good a shot at winning the AFC East as anybody.

Now the falcons have no depth and terrible lines though

this man knows :pimp: or atleast I hope you kno lol

Now the falcons have no depth and terrible lines though

Which Buffalo has, so I think it's another reasony why it's more affordable for them to risk something like this.

The Bills did give up a lot not as much as the Falcons who had no depth last year.

SneakerProSr. SneakerProSr. those Lions teams were terrible, Matt Millen, they had no plan, no QB.

The Bills feel like they have their Franchise Qb, they have a good defense, and a lot of talent on offense built for their spread system.

nope

this man knows :pimp: or atleast I hope you kno lol

the bills are not winning the AFC east :lol:

it's fair to say they might push for a wild card spot...but not the division. it's still mine :evil: :lol:

in all seriousness...EJ has the tools around him. there's no excuse for him not to take that big step this season. the bills are going to be real competitive. byrd is a big loss though.

nope

it's fair to say they might push for a wild card spot...but not the division. it's still mine :evil: :lol:

in all seriousness...EJ has the tools around him. there's no excuse for him not to take that big step this season. the bills are going to be real competitive. byrd is a big loss though.

I can dream cant I lol. It's been 15 years and the last time was the music city miracle smh

nope

I can dream cant I lol. It's been 15 years and the last time was the music city miracle smh

You know what? F it. I hate negative fans, its football crazier **** has happened.

Bills VS Browns AFC Championship game this year

You know what? F it. I hate negative fans, its football crazier **** has happened.

Bills VS Browns AFC Championship game this year

215731.jpg

Last edited:
I like the Bills. I think they could be good this year and I think EJ has all the tools if he can stay healthy. I don't read too much into a project rookie year.

My only concern is the wrs adjusting to the weather come nov dec. Winters in buffalo are no joke esp to southerns.

It's funny, cause like I said earlier, those teams that drafted WRs that high were still bad years after.

Looking at the Super Bowl winners for the past what, 10 years? No super star , highly paid WRs.

Plaxico, Holmes, Harvin is paid like a superstar, Reggie Wayne, Harvin Marrison
Bold in was on two Superbowl teams and was well compensated
Larry Fitzgerald, TO, Moss all lost close superbowls

Having a superstar caliber wr and not winning a Superbowl are not mutually exclusive

Last edited:

It's funny, cause like I said earlier, those teams that drafted WRs that high were still bad years after.

Looking at the Super Bowl winners for the past what, 10 years? No super star , highly paid WRs.

Plaxico, Holmes, Harvin is paid like a superstar, Reggie Wayne, Harvin Marrison
Bold in was on two Superbowl teams and was well compensated
Larry Fitzgerald, TO, Moss all lost close superbowls

Having a superstar caliber wr and not winning a Superbowl are not mutually exclusive

I do agree here.

The WR/TE group was the highest paid on the Seahawks last year by far, so someone better tell John and Pete they don't know what they are doing.

Also the Patriots sunk more a ton of money into TE.

If you are part of the Bills organization you would have a much more optimistic view than you do now as an outside observer of the franchise. For one, they probably don't do that trade if they feel like Sammy is one of those receivers that bust, so you can't take an outsiders perspective and tab it to an organizational direction. It just doesn't align with there thought pattern in the first place, so it sets opinions out on different paths. Now, since they don't feel Sammy will bust, then they obviously believe he will be that huge difference maker that most expect him to be, which completely justifies that trade.

Given where this division is, I think they feel -- and I do too -- that they have a very good chance to sneak away with it. The whole mindset of assuming they would get a top ten pick next year doesn't register with them in the here and now. They wanted Sammy and they got him. If he busts, players get hurt, EJ proves to be garbage and/or the coaching staff can't figure it out, then yes, you're probably right. But that isn't the way an organization would approach it. Not when you haven't been to playoffs in how many years.

Lol. So what you're saying is that they traded a most likely top 12 pick next year to move up some spots to take Watkins because they feel like he's not a bust?

What franchise is drafting thinking a player will be bust? No matter what, a team is going to take a player thinking he'll succeed. Come on man, you're better then using that logic.

Back
Top Bottom