2014 NFL Draft Thread

How old are you, Hymen?

I've gone through 3 of these now. I remember all of them. '98, '00 and '09. One more and it's just like my Dad's Vikings except their losses were in the SB and our Vikings just can't get over that NFCCG hump. They were also more dynasty-ish with all of their appearances clumped together, but still...

27, I remember them all myself... maybe the Saints one just stings the most 'cause it was the most recent :lol:

But that 2000 game man.. :smh:

That '98 one hurt my soul man. What hurts the most is the fact that we would have probably beaten the AFC teams easily if we actually went to the SB those years...

27, I remember them all myself... maybe the Saints one just stings the most 'cause it was the most recent :lol:

But that 2000 game man.. :smh:

Yeah, I was pretty upset. Favre, AP...It was just supposed to happen. '98 hurt a lot because I was still pretty young and that **** was depressing when you show up to school the next day and all your friends want poke at you about it. Losses were brutal as a kid. :lol:

That '98 one hurt my soul man. What hurts the most is the fact that we would have probably beaten the AFC teams easily if we actually went to the SB those years...

Maybe. That Broncos team was no slouch. It would have been interesting though, to see that '00 offense go against that Ravens defense.

Anyone have those stats handy that were posted the day of the draft about Derrick Carr and struggles throwing when he was pressured/blitzed?

Bucs signed the top rated punter from this draft class, Kirby Van Der Kamp :pimp:

Surprised that not a single punter got drafted. Not sure about place kickers.

Bucs signed the top rated punter from this draft class, Kirby Van Der Kamp :pimp:

Surprised that not a single punter got drafted. Not sure about place kickers.

[COLOR=#red]Bears took Pat O'Donnell from The U... 6th or 7th if I remember.[/COLOR]

I stand corrected then. Van Der Kamp was the highest rated punter on the lists I saw going into the draft though.

Last edited:
You knew the Lions were going after another receiving option with their first pick...I don't understand why you're still pissed about it.

You knew the Lions were going after another receiving option with their first pick...I don't understand why you're still pissed about it.

Actually I'm over it.

Only pick I don't like is Swanson over Terrance Brooks.

There wasn't a corner or safety that wouldn't have been a reach at 10.

The more I find out about Ebron the more I like him.

When Ozzie didn't take Ha-Ha it spoke volumes to me.

There was a rumor the steelers picked him up Sunday but since then I've seen nothing. He might have to go ball out in the CFL.

I thought he had a good relationship with Chip?

^ i just wanted him to go undrafted (or for us to draft him in the 7th).. but i have complete trust in chip, if he doesnt want to touch the dude then it's for the best

but i think chip would get the best out of him.. use him for what he intended to use casey for, but cheap (thus allowing us to cut casey).. that H-back/fullback/TE role

Let Casey be great bruh.
tell chip.. but i'm pretty sure we'll actually use him this year (cause even chip admits he ended up using alot more 3 WRs sets than he intended to last year, which ended up hurting casey the most).. but colt would def be an upgrade talent wise and then there would be the huge difference in money 

pretty much.. but we're paying casey almost $4 mill to be our 3rd TE.. and we're not even running the 3 TEs set.. 

granted, i think that changes this year.. but still, still a ton of money

*** I am very surprised AJ fell as far as he did. I thought he would overcome his interviews and go in the 3rd but no later than 4th round. If you recall, a couple weeks ago, I mentioned on the Round Table that AJ was not interviewing well. I have a few friends that are coordinators in the NFL and I kept an open line about A.J. over the past month. Ill keep most of the stories private, but one OC told me that AJ went on a 10 minute long diatribe with the Browns about why he was a better choice than Manziel -- seemed faacinated with Johnny Football through the entire interview. It definitely rubbed the team the wrong way. There were stories with other teams, but I'll not go there.

Back
Top Bottom