2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Jackson is crazy but he's definitely the type of coach that Cousins needs. Unless you're going to trade him, that needs to be priority #1 when signing someone. He needs to be able to handle DMC. Everyone talks about Mike Malone but they had a really difficult relationship too. DMC doesn't make it easy for anyone.

MJax is well respected, gets his players to play hard, and is going to come in and praise DMC.

Basketball wise. He got a team with 2 of the greatest shooters of all time and a couple of great passing big men to play isolation/post up ball. It was awful.

Kevin-Garnett-Rubs-Kobe-Bryants-Head.gif

Greatness recognize Greatness. :nthat:

The end of an era :frown:

Meh.

Sooner that guy in the Celtics jersey is gone, the better
You young dudes kill me. You prolly wasn't born when KG was drafted. Respect the game young fella.

@wavy crocketI actually agree with most of what you said. You can't win a championship without being top ten in both and he was on the way but he could have gotten there a bit faster imo.

I will never take away credit from Mark Jackson, he built that car, Kerr just drove it a bit better. And maybe if he wasn't going at it with management he would have stuck around, that firing was unjust.

Markjax did a great job. I wad just wondering how was the firing unjust? From everything I read, hoping it's true, I wouldn't go that far. The firing sucked for him but I can def see why it had to happened.

Wavy, even if dray didnt start, he would have had a LO impact off the bench. The combo of that and Dlee at 100 is still deadly imo.

Last edited:
Management needed to step out of their own way on that one. It's not prudent to fire the guy who the players love, that your superstar basketball player loves in particular, who improves the team.

If this Kerr thing didn't work out this would be 30 for 30 material.

Yea I don't think the firing was unjust. If everything or even half of what was reported is true, you're basically asking to get fired.

He's won it twice already. Giving an award that's designated for outstanding bench guys to the Pseudo bench guy multiple times is a farce. I am aware Manu won it once doing the same thing hence why I said multiple.

The same goes for Detlef Schrempf the second time he won it, he was creeping on the door of an all star nod that year..... But he's a "bench player"

The most egregious example of this though is Kevin McHale. He made the all star team the second time he won this award... In the same year. THE ALL STAR TEAM.

Might as well disband the award if we're going to keep doing this nonsense.

Your logic is confusing :lol:. Saying if a bench player is really good, they don't deserve recognition as a great bench player?

Am surprised P hasnt linked yall to that new kobe read that came out today. Its awesome

Vanessa kicked dude out of the house, threw his clothes in the street and all. Damn

How you gonna kick a dude out of a house you didn't put a penny in for :lol: :rolleyes. I wouldn't care if he ****** vanessa's mom, that's ridiculous. Chicks be trippin

The retreads never die do they

It sucks but it seems like for every George Karl or Sam Mitchell there's a hoiberg or Donovan.

I believe it's said he'll be byke :pimp:

Get ready for the kg farewell tour :pimp:

PI-NBA-Target-Center-043014.vresize.1200.675.high.40.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone could see he had them badly underachieving. Plenty of people talked about it at the time.That's ignoring all the other ridiculous, fire-able stuff he did off the court.

BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE What I am saying is that to me when someone wins 6MotY to me it says "Hey this guy's starter quality and we recognize that" and as such I don't think it's appropriate to keep giving it to the same guy, who we've already identified as being a superior player when compared to other bench players.

Mark in Minnesota might not be bad, but it'd be a disaster in Sacramento. Or he and cousins could be BFFs

If I'm going to remain out west, I wanna have weapons for years to come for not only job security but just so you don't have to suck forever. Minnesota right now is once in a lifetime with a top 5 pick, Towns Wiggins, Lavine, Dieng, and Rubio (likely a trade asset)

BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE What I am saying is that to me when someone wins 6MotY to me it says "Hey this guy's starter quality and we recognize that" and as such I don't think it's appropriate to keep giving it to the same guy, who we've already identified as being a superior player when compared to other bench players.

Hmm I guess I disagree on what the award means. Using Manu as an example. Manu was a legit starter and one of my fave players but even at his best he never averaged more than 19 a game. So to me it wasn't that big a deal for him to be a 6th man. He was also a legit bench player, a borderline guy.

Or Odom. For years he started as a laker and was basically lost despite always being over hyped by clueless broadcasters on nationally televised games. He was a starter-caliber player but was wayyyy more valuable and effective off the bench.

Your logic of "we already recognized him as superior" could be applied to any other award, the MVP or even the championship.

The Warriors one is the best one.

Others that look great:
Utah
Sacramento
OKC (drastic improvement over current)
Pelicans
Wolves
Memphis (this was top tier)
Dallas
Orlando
Milwaukee
Cleveland
Atlanta

Clippers one should be Microsoft, that way Ballmer would both be paying money for, and collecting money from, the ads.

Kevin-Garnett-Rubs-Kobe-Bryants-Head.gif

Greatness recognize Greatness. :nthat:

The end of an era :frown:

Meh.

Sooner that guy in the Celtics jersey is gone, the better
You young dudes kill me. You prolly wasn't born when KG was drafted. Respect the game young fella.

I'm pretty sure I'm older than you :lol:
So how can you not appreciate KG career then? Oh wait?

You didn't like the way he yelled and talk toward other players.

i think KG and Kob used to work out every summer in LA, too. and like poster said before me, game recognize game :pimp:

i was never a fan of older KG's antics on the court but his passion, defensive intensity, etc will always be appreciated. same reason why i love dray and noah on the court.

The word is out on Sacramento: The Kings’ coaching job is radioactive. Unpredictable ownership and a novice top executive have established coaches recoiling at the mention of the gig. The organization’s nickel-and-diming habits have spread through the league. An example: Coaches were barred from eating meals prepared for the players at the team's practice facility this season, league sources told The Vertical, and staff members reported similar limitations on what they could eat at team breakfasts on the road. 
Ask any coach: organizational stability is paramount. Ranadive’s reckless stewardship has privately evoked sharp criticism from other NBA owners, infuriated by the Kings’ embarrassingly comical downward spiral. Too often, it’s amateur hour. Consider: Last summer, the Kings signed free-agent forward Luc Mbah a Moute to a one-year deal. Days later, the Kings voided the deal, citing a failed physical. Sources told The Vertical it was Ranadive who led the charge to change course. Armed with clean medical exams, Mbah a Moute filed a grievance against the team. He went on to sign with the Clippers and was a productive rotation player in 75 games this season. 
Welp.

Trading Rubio would be a mistake.

This is why I think Rubio should be traded.

View media item 2001522
Rubio moves the ball well, but his jumper has not improved whatsoever his entire career. This is why I feel the T'Wolves would be better suited to go for a wing in this years draft, continue to work with Tyus and Lavine at PG, and trade Rubio next season for assets rather than pay him that 2nd contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom