2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
AP Source: The Timberwolves will interview former Warriors coach and ESPN analyst Mark Jackson for the coaching job
giphy.gif

Glen pls....

:rofl:

TAKE THESE REPS!!!!!

What happened to Avery Johson? I always thought dude was a decent coach.

What do non Laker fans think of the Lakers organization willingly employing Byron Scott? 
Why hasn't he been fired yet? Everyone else on the hot seat got canned already
Because he knows the Laker way. Whatever the hell that means 
roll.gif
The lakers are turning into Knicks West.  Both teams are so poorly managed from the top down.  
agreed, 100%. We give the kings a run for there money. 

Last edited:
Nah, not even close.

Kings:
- 8 coaches since Rick Adelman was fired in 2006
- Consistently needed a SF before getting Rudy Gay. The solution? Trading every year for this guy named "Cash Considerations."
- Owner hires a coach before the GM.
- Owner and former GM claim to bring a brand of "position less basketball"
- Owner likened the offense he desired to a "jazz band"
- Actually flirted with the idea of 4 on 5 and having a cherry picker.
- Traded with Philly and gave them the ability to swap positions in any given draft.
- Fired George Karl's top assistant in an effort to get him to quit.
- When that didn't work they just fired George Karl.

Proud past. Proud future. Sacramento Kings.

Nah, not even close.

Kings:
- 8 coaches since Rick Adelman was fired in 2006
- Consistently needed a SF before getting Rudy Gay. The solution? Trading every year for this guy named "Cash Considerations."
- Owner hires a coach before the GM.
- Owner and former GM claim to bring a brand of "position less basketball"
- Owner likened the offense he desired to a "jazz band"
- Actually flirted with the idea of 4 on 5 and having a cherry picker.
- Traded with Philly and gave them the ability to swap positions in any given draft.
- Fired George Karl's top assistant in an effort to get him to quit.
- When that didn't work they just fired George Karl.

Proud past. Proud future. Sacramento Kings.
sometimes when I am reminded of the Sacramento Kings existence in my life, I just think of this:

CgdhH_8XIAA4PL2.jpg

Last edited:
why yall hate on mark jackson? i think he would do good in sac or minny

maybe he can teach cousin how to stop being a whinny cry baby

I mean I'm no Mark Jackson lover, but he can't be the WORST option out there. If he cleans up his Jesus act he'll be good.

He's not the worst options but there are better ones out there. Mark Jackson did a lot of good in Golden State, that's basically his defense they're running out there and he instilled the confidence in Steph and Klay to be great. He also did a lot of bad, the Klay Thompson post ups, the over reliance on half court offense resulting in that team capping out at 12th in offense, starting Iggy, the infighting, the forcing religion on people.

In Minnesotas case especially I would want Thibs.

Honestly don't eem mind having kg be there just to sit on our bench :lol: every game you can see him on the bench talking to the young guys telling them things. He's basically another coach that all the players love.
if thibs takes the reigns kg reigns supreme (on the bench) :pimp:

He's not the worst options but there are better ones out there. Mark Jackson did a lot of good in Golden State, that's basically his defense they're running out there and he instilled the confidence in Steph and Klay to be great. He also did a lot of bad, the Klay Thompson post ups, the over reliance on half court offense resulting in that team capping out at 12th in offense, starting Iggy, the infighting, the forcing religion on people.

In Minnesotas case especially I would want Thibs.

He had what, 3 seasons with GSW? Took them from lotto team, to 50 wins and the 2nd round.

As far as offense, "Maxing" out at 12 isn't bad at all. Mark almost had a "Top 10 offense & Defense"....and that's one of the recipes to championship squads. Additionally, the personnel wasnt the same. Draymond was a rookie with him and not ready. David Lee was playing. Steph wasn't Steph yet.

People forget that Kerr stumbled on to Draymond. He had no intention of starting Draymond b/c Draymond was bad in training camp...and David Lee was playing well according to Kerr. Blessing in disguise. Nobody could've predicted Draymond's offensive and defensive impact. Kerr stumbled on to that one.

The whole point is, Marc Jackson has proven he can coach young talent. The players trust him, and will play hard for him. He's also a good defensive coach, and an average offensive one.

I'd like to think he learned his lesson about interpersonal relationships as a coach with management and staff. It was his first go around.

GSW's success has had some people unfairly criticize his coaching ability. He's a good hire in the right situation.

@wavy crocketI actually agree with most of what you said. You can't win a championship without being top ten in both and he was on the way but he could have gotten there a bit faster imo.

I will never take away credit from Mark Jackson, he built that car, Kerr just drove it a bit better. And maybe if he wasn't going at it with management he would have stuck around, that firing was unjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom