2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthony voiced his frustration this week with the spiraling Knicks sinking in the standings, and Porzingis said he hopes Anthony stays patient and remains with the New York Knicks for the long term.

"Obviously I wouldn't want to lose him," the rookie said when asked whether he's worried about Anthony's frustration leading to a potential change this summer. "He is who he is on our team. He's very special.

"And we need him to do big things in the future, especially for me. I love playing alongside him, so that would obviously not be something that I want."

Rookie phenom Kristaps Porzingis is obviously aware of the madness surrounding his teammate. What may come as surprise is that -- despite the events of recent months -- the young Unicorn seems confident that his veteran teammate will return, as he expressed to Stefan Bondy last weekend:

"I need to No. 1, to learn from him. And to win. We need him to win," Porzingis told The News. "Without him it would be much more difficult. Him leaving would be tough but I'm not worried about that, I don't think it's going that way. He's been loyal. I think he loves New York. And that's the most important thing."

Carmelo Anthony has a warning for those who think he won’t mesh with New York Knicks rookie sensation Kristaps Porzingis.

“I know what we have as teammates. Nobody can come between us despite what anybody says. Nobody,” Anthony told Yahoo Sports.

When many observers thought they had the man pegged as aged, one-dimensional scorer, at odds with the Knicks' future, Carmelo Anthony has unveiled his most spectacular iteration yet.

NBA, meet "Dad Melo."

Dad Melo is more than just leader, more than just a respected veteran on a transitioning squad. He's the teacher, the rock, the shining example of basketball the way it should be played.

Yes, I'm still talking about Carmelo Anthony here. His ball hog reputation was always overblown to an extent. We saw as much before the season, when Amar'e Stoudemire made headlines with his quip that Melo was "definitely not" one of the top 10 assisters on his career list (Melo was No. 7, so why exactly was the joke on him?). In truth, Melo has always had a more nuanced relationship with iso-ball. There have been times when he should have passed more; there have also been times when he had no business passing at all. By far the best Knicks team of the past 15 years, the 2012-13 club, just so happened to coincide with the best scoring performance of Melo's career. It's what he does.

Dad Melo does still scores (21.7 points per game), but not at the clip we're used to seeing. That average is the lowest of his New York tenure, and the third-lowest of his career. What he has done is raise his game in almost every other area. His per-36 assist and rebounding numbers have risen as his points and field goal attempts have decreased.

Never before has Melo assisted or rebounded as he has this season, and the numbers are only trending higher. Over his past seven games -- five of which resulted in New York wins -- Melo is averaging 21.0 points, 8.7 boards and 5.1 dimes.

Ah, but how is he dealing with his other traditional bugaboo: defense? Per NBA.com, opponents are shooting a full 6.8% worse with Melo as the primary defender.

"Only thinks about himself"

edit: sorry for the long post. i have had it.

Last edited:
My main man @Addict4Sneakers and I talked about the tired "Melo chose money over winning!!" narrative 2 months ago.

Is everyone still questioning Melos decision to stay in NY over Chicago? Sure it's all in hindsight but ISO Jimmy x reincarnated Melo x 2017 Rose could have been a disaster
Dudes were really scolding him for not taking that Bulls offer. The same Bulls offer where he'd be leaving $50-$60M guaranteed on the table to go be in the same position he's in now. Not winning a title.

"This proves that all he cares about is money instead of winning!"

This was an actual thing said by people.
laugh.gif

_'s stay placing these lofty *** expectations on athletes and pretend they'd do differently in the same position.
This still applies right now.

Even MORE so than ever after seeing the mess and dysfunction GarPax currently have on their hands. They finally got rid of their scapegoat (Thibs) and they're even worse off now. Pretty much in the same position as the Knicks. Not competing for a title or even in the playoffs. But he's supposed to go do that over there with $55-$60 million less in his pocket? Nah.

I get not having "sympathy" for Melo, but considering the circumstances...he made the right choice. Blame Jerry Reinsdorf and GarPax for coming through with that weak *** offer.

Last edited:
Anthony voiced his frustration this week with the spiraling Knicks sinking in the standings, and Porzingis said he hopes Anthony stays patient and remains with the New York Knicks for the long term.

"Obviously I wouldn't want to lose him," the rookie said when asked whether he's worried about Anthony's frustration leading to a potential change this summer. "He is who he is on our team. He's very special.

"And we need him to do big things in the future, especially for me. I love playing alongside him, so that would obviously not be something that I want."

Rookie phenom Kristaps Porzingis is obviously aware of the madness surrounding his teammate. What may come as surprise is that -- despite the events of recent months -- the young Unicorn seems confident that his veteran teammate will return, as he expressed to Stefan Bondy last weekend:

"I need to No. 1, to learn from him. And to win. We need him to win," Porzingis told The News. "Without him it would be much more difficult. Him leaving would be tough but I'm not worried about that, I don't think it's going that way. He's been loyal. I think he loves New York. And that's the most important thing."

Carmelo Anthony has a warning for those who think he won’t mesh with New York Knicks rookie sensation Kristaps Porzingis.

“I know what we have as teammates. Nobody can come between us despite what anybody says. Nobody,” Anthony told Yahoo Sports.

When many observers thought they had the man pegged as aged, one-dimensional scorer, at odds with the Knicks' future, Carmelo Anthony has unveiled his most spectacular iteration yet.

NBA, meet "Dad Melo."

Dad Melo is more than just leader, more than just a respected veteran on a transitioning squad. He's the teacher, the rock, the shining example of basketball the way it should be played.

Yes, I'm still talking about Carmelo Anthony here. His ball hog reputation was always overblown to an extent. We saw as much before the season, when Amar'e Stoudemire made headlines with his quip that Melo was "definitely not" one of the top 10 assisters on his career list (Melo was No. 7, so why exactly was the joke on him?). In truth, Melo has always had a more nuanced relationship with iso-ball. There have been times when he should have passed more; there have also been times when he had no business passing at all. By far the best Knicks team of the past 15 years, the 2012-13 club, just so happened to coincide with the best scoring performance of Melo's career. It's what he does.

Dad Melo does still scores (21.7 points per game), but not at the clip we're used to seeing. That average is the lowest of his New York tenure, and the third-lowest of his career. What he has done is raise his game in almost every other area. His per-36 assist and rebounding numbers have risen as his points and field goal attempts have decreased.

Never before has Melo assisted or rebounded as he has this season, and the numbers are only trending higher. Over his past seven games -- five of which resulted in New York wins -- Melo is averaging 21.0 points, 8.7 boards and 5.1 dimes.

Ah, but how is he dealing with his other traditional bugaboo: defense? Per NBA.com, opponents are shooting a full 6.8% worse with Melo as the primary defender.

"Only thinks about himself"

edit: sorry for the long post. i have had it.
These folks dont care b Melo is nothing but a fat ******* to them

Melo's fine but his volume and efficiency just took a solid dip. At his age, that's rarely a fluke. He's only an okay leader and defender. His value is going to REALLY decrease as he ages. Trying to sell high doesn't mean you hate Melo or don't watch Knick games.

Melo need to just wave that no trade clause and get the **** outta there. And the Knicks should want to trade him so they can start the rebuilding process.

Phil is the goat but he needs to go too. It's obvious he never wanted to be there but they threw all that money at him so why not take it. Can't eem blame him.

Melo need to just wave that no trade clause and get the **** outta there. And the Knicks should want to trade him so they can start the rebuilding process.

Phil is the goat but he needs to go too. It's obvious he never wanted to be there but they threw all that money at him so why not take it. Can't eem blame him.

Phil washed but he did bring in Porzingis thankfully.

If he can step back and they can trade Melo for a top 3 pick, they would be on their way.

Phil washed but he did bring in Porzingis thankfully.

If he can step back and they can trade Melo for a top 3 pick, they would be on their way.
Melo is the only one able to waive his Trade Clause. 

He should just do it and go somewhere else. 

The no-trade clause is actually funny because if Melo approves of a trade outsiders will say he quit and if he rejects, he's deemed a content loser. It's a lose-lose situation. :lol:

Melo has every reason to waive his NTC & i'd still support him wherever he went.

If people criticize him for waiving it they're just straight up haters. :lol: There is no reason for him to stay in NY. Other than La La's acting career.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom