2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Practice anything long enough, and you're going to be better at it.

If you suck, you'll be average.

If you're average, you'll be elite.

If you're elite, you'll have the Glow like Leroy, word to Steph's improved handle that was elite 3 years ago, and is now unreachable by defenders.

And nobody is saying that practicing and working won't make you better. Amare for example came into the league with zero moves and worked on his game and got a solid jumper and multiple post moves. He was a MVP candidate that year with the Knicks. That's rare though for somebody to make that big of a leap.

Shooting to an extent is a natural ability. It's 12 year old kids that can shoot. It ain't cuz they spent hours and years when nobody is looking practicing. It came naturally.

Yup of course. No one said practicing is a waste of time but
you can only get so much better depending on your talent/skillset.
Even good shooters no matter how much time they put or "good" practice , I dont care if they live in this gym with the best shooting coaches they still will not be able to shoot like steph.
That's god given natural ability . Not to say steph doesn't practice but everyone has a different ceiling.

Last edited:
Like I'm pretty sure Kidd worked on his J all his career but still was only _ason.

And nobody is saying that practicing and working won't make you better. Amare for example came into the league with zero moves and worked on his game and got a solid jumper and multiple post moves. He was a MVP candidate that year with the Knicks. That's rare though for somebody to make that big of a leap.

Shooting to an extent is a natural ability. It's 12 year old kids that can shoot. It ain't cuz they spent hours and years when nobody is looking practicing. It came naturally.

Yep. Some people just don't have the body mechanics nor natural ability to do certain things, no matter how long they practice. Horford and LMA can knock down 15 footers and FTs like it's nothing. But Asik and Dwight? They're just not made to do that, no matter how hard they try.

@ChrisBHaynes Charlotte G Jeremy Lin will decline $2.2 million player option to explore unrestricted free-agency, league sources inform @clevelanddotcom.
Get that money.

???

Only 4 players in the history of basketball have made more 3 pointers than Jason.

Kid was only a 40% shooter for his entire career, and only 36% outside of 3 feet and 36% from the 3 point line.

CkXGES0W0AAQM8g.jpg

smokin.gif
 dope

curry 
laugh.gif

???

Only 4 players in the history of basketball have made more 3 pointers than Jason.

Kid was only a 40% shooter for his entire career, and only 36% outside of 3 feet and 36% from the 3 point line.
You were talking like he was Rondo. He isn't. Period. You could not ignore him from deep.

???

Kidd's improvment as a shooter is what gives me hope that MCW will develop a shot
Yea I always refuse to believe that any perimeter player can't get it going eventually.

Last edited:
You were talking like he was Rondo. He isn't. Period. You could not ignore him from deep.

Actually is exactly what they did for the majority of his career.
Nope, point being, you don't end up with the 5th most 3PM if you can't shoot at all.

He has no place in a discussion about players who never developed a reliable outside jumper at any point in their career.

Nope, point being, you don't end up with the 5th most 3PM if you can't shoot at all.

He has no place in a discussion about players who never developed a reliable outside jumper at any point in their career.

If you have 5701 attempts, which is also 5th all time you can. I mean on what planet is shooting 40% for a career, 36% from 3 and outside the paint for a career considered a good or elite shooter?

You do realize the shot still has to actually.... go in?

I gotta be getting trolled right now :rofl:

Yes, 36% of the time which is average at best, usually if you're shooting around 35% anywhere as a guard that's poor. And The fact that he shot 36% anywhere outside of 3 feet for his career doesn't help your argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom