• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Todd Gurley, University of Georgia football student-athlete, must sit a total of four games, or 30 percent of the season, for accepting more than $3,000 in cash from multiple individuals for autographed memorabilia and other items over two years. Gurley, who acknowledged violating NCAA rules, must repay a portion of the money received to a charity of his choice and complete 40 hours of community service as additional conditions for his reinstatement. Gurley will be eligible to play on Nov. 15.

In determining the appropriate reinstatement conditions, a 30 percent withholding condition is consistent with precedent in similar cases. Additional withholding was strongly considered because the violations occurred over multiple years with multiple individuals and the student received extensive rules education about the prohibition of receiving payment for autographs. However, the university’s due diligence in its investigation and the student’s full disclosure of his involvement in the violations were factors in not imposing a more severe withholding condition.

The University submitted its original reinstatement request on Wednesday, Oct. 22. The NCAA requested additional information on Friday, Oct. 24, which it received from the university on Saturday, Oct. 25, and Sunday, Oct. 26. The NCAA issued its decision to the university on Tuesday afternoon, Oct. 28.

The university indicated it will appeal the decision. A membership committee which oversees the reinstatement process will review the appeal this week. The committee can reduce or remove the conditions the staff has imposed, but cannot increase them.
http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/georgia-s-gurley-eligible-play-nov-15

Community service?

mase-gif.gif

Yeah I wouldn't go back to school. I doubt his draft stock takes a hit. Might as well stay healthy and prepare for the nfl

Last edited:
How do they expect him to repay the money or part of it to a charity if he can't make any money unless he gets a job lol?

Hate to say it, but Sparty will get into the 4-team playoff when they win out and the SEC teams start beating each other.

ON HARBAUGH, AGAINPrevious chatter here  was an opinion from someone in the 49ers organization that Harbaugh was coming to the conclusion he might fit better in college long-term. I have a couple more infobits.
One is from the Michigan/AA side of things and indicates that he would be open to a return in the event of an AD change.

The second is intel from guys who work for another NFL franchise: it's well-known in the league that Harbaugh and the 49ers GM don't get along and that Harbaugh's relentless intensity wears on NFL players who expect to be treated like adults. This is not something you haven't heard from a half-dozen NFL reporters already.

These guys think Harbaugh will end up at Michigan, though, so that's interesting.
http://mgoblog.com/content/coach-and-ad-chatter-part-ii

Jabrill Peppers is under investigation for possible HS recruiting violations regarding an apartment he and his mom occupied while he was at Bosco

http://www.northjersey.com/news/aft...ve-home-rented-from-coach-s-brother-1.1119109

This season just keeps getting worse and worse 
laugh.gif

mean.gif
Hate to say it, but somewhat common knowledge in the Bergen County area.
I skimmed the article but explain something to me... did I read this write? Peppers snitched on himself??

Last edited:

About being recruited to Bosco?  Yeah
Which opened the door to people looking into what he meant exactly and seeing he was renting an apartment (for cheap?) from a Bosco coach.

I'm sure he did it because they threw him out after and he was like "**** bosco" but at the same time if they were getting an "improper" benefit...

Last edited:

Which opened the door to people looking into what he meant exactly and seeing he was renting an apartment (for cheap?) from a Bosco coach.

I'm sure he did it because they threw him out after and he was like "**** bosco" but at the same time if they were getting an "improper" benefit...
NCAA eligibility wise i think he will be fine as long as the landlord continues to not cooperate.

Dres Anderson out for the season for Utah. That's a big blow to an offense that already was riding the strugg bus the entire year.

Wait so Right now is Trevone Boykin a Heisman finalist? Who's everyone got?

Mariota
Boykin
Abdullah
Kevin White?
Amari?
Dude on Indiana?

Jameis?

Wait so Right now is Trevone Boykin a Heisman finalist? Who's everyone got?

Mariota
Boykin
Abdullah
Kevin White?
Amari?
Dude on Indiana?

Jameis?

Right now, Boykin isn't but he should be

Odds show the finalists would be:

MM
Prescott
Gordon