• Adoree' Jackson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ND don't count. 
laugh.gif

You don't get better by losing the best player in school history.

But you also have a TON of talent on the team. Hell, Tennessee won the national championship after Peyton Manning left and Ohio State just last year won the national championship after they lost their "best player". Would it really be that crazy for Oregon to still have success after losing Mariota?

I mean Carson Palmer won the Heisman Trophy in 2002, led USC to a great season and Orange Bowl win and they were waaaay better the year after that (hello Matt Leinart and Reggie "Harry" Bush). Sure, that was more than 10 years ago, but my point is that Oregon has been built up for years now with talent and players that fit the scheme and culture of what is happening there. For them to suddenly drop off would not be an issue of talent, but rather of coaching (and I think Oregon has some very, very good coaches, especially position coaches).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminds me of the Miami crazies saying we are gonna improve after losing Duke/Denzel/Dorsett [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I'm hoping for 5 wins and a firing ..**** the recruits dude Al needs to go

Hearing that Drake Harris is now a likely starter versus Utah even Darboh and Chesson are 100% healthy.

The older guys haven't played poorly. Chesson actually acquitted himself pretty well during the scrimmage.

But Drake is just playing better.

If things don't change between now and game time... (like the coaches wanting more experience out there to begin the game or one of the other guys starting to show better than Drake i the final week)... I expect Drake to start versus Utah.
From Sam Webb

@adidasUSPRGuy: Alum @SolesBySir is customizing @adidasFballUS cleats for every @CanesFootball player for 9/19 game vs. Nebraska.

Reminds me of the Miami crazies saying we are gonna improve after losing Duke/Denzel/Dorsett [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I'm hoping for 5 wins and a firing ..**** the recruits dude Al needs to go
The biggest losses were Walford and Flowers the other players production will be replaced

If healthy Virginia Tech is a top 5 defense

Might end up being true statistically, I hope so anyways. Maybe it's cus I know more about our personnel but I think it will be a bit overhyped this year even if healthy. Nicholas is a good speed rusher but he's undersized and doesn't play the run as well as he could. Having Mandy back at DT should help this year but the rest of our DT's are undersized. Losing Chase Williams will be huge; Andrew Matuapuoka is physically up to replacing him but he's still having trouble filling the right gap consistently. The games we got gashed last year (Miami, Pitt) largely had to do with his run fits and our undersized front 7.

If Facyson is back healthy our secondary should be great, but losing Reavis hurts. Hopefully somebody can step up but it's not lights out at every position.

I think the potential is there but there's also for the potential for some holes to bite us at Safety and LB. Depth is also a huge concern, while the starters are solid there are more than a few spots that will be in serious trouble if anyone gets injured.

Hearing that Drake Harris is now a likely starter versus Utah even Darboh and Chesson are 100% healthy.

The older guys haven't played poorly. Chesson actually acquitted himself pretty well during the scrimmage.

But Drake is just playing better.

If things don't change between now and game time... (like the coaches wanting more experience out there to begin the game or one of the other guys starting to show better than Drake i the final week)... I expect Drake to start versus Utah.
From Sam Webb

Hope he can stay healthy.

Might end up being true statistically, I hope so anyways. Maybe it's cus I know more about our personnel but I think it will be a bit overhyped this year even if healthy. Nicholas is a good speed rusher but he's undersized and doesn't play the run as well as he could. Having Mandy back at DT should help this year but the rest of our DT's are undersized. Losing Chase Williams will be huge; Andrew Matuapuoka is physically up to replacing him but he's still having trouble filling the right gap consistently. The games we got gashed last year (Miami, Pitt) largely had to do with his run fits and our undersized front 7.

If Facyson is back healthy our secondary should be great, but losing Reavis hurts. Hopefully somebody can step up but it's not lights out at every position.

I think the potential is there but there's also for the potential for some holes to bite us at Safety and LB. Depth is also a huge concern, while the starters are solid there are more than a few spots that will be in serious trouble if anyone gets injured.
Read today in a stock report that two true freshman are making tremendous strides in the secondary, specifically a rover Adonis Alexander and a corner Mook Reyonolds. Reynolds is looking be a backup nickel corner. Alexander is a freak at 6'3 making play after play in practice. bruh. We gonna be alright 
laugh.gif

The biggest losses were Walford and Flowers the other players production will be replaced
If Stacey dosent step up who's.gonna be our big play guy? Scott? I don't think herb has that in him. I think we'll be alright at TE and RB we should be find to. WR scares me along with the entire defense of course. O-line is a huge question mark to.

awesome post :pimp:

I mean do you expect none of the WRs to better with another year in the system, an improved qb, a better WR coach.

We also got Berrios, Brady, Njuko and Gray can go out wide can be big play guys, not really worried about that as much as the third down offense.

I don't think any of those guys have the potential that Dorset was.
Maybe stacy. But berrios isn't that type.of guy to take the top off. I think njuko is playing TE right?

Supposedly gray has been impressive but we'll see

I'm sorry but I've seen nothing from those coaches to make me believe we can lose our top 5-6 players ( outside of kaaya) and get better.

I would love to be wrong tho

Back
Top Bottom