• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A 2 loss pac 12 champ will get in over a 1 loss ACC champ.
Nope

FSU
Georgia Tech
Miami
Clemson
Virginia Tech
Louisville

Could all realistically finish top 32

If clemson beats Florida State, Miami , Notre Dame ,Georgia Tech, Louisville, South Carolina , North Carolina State and but drops to say Syracuse and goes on to win the ACC against Virginia Tech 0.01 chance a pac 12 teams gets in the playoff with two loses

Last edited:
USC loses at Arizona St. and at Oregon but beats everyone else. Then beats Oregon in the CG. As many as 7 to 8 of USC's opponents can end the season ranked in the top 25.

They get in over a Clemson team with wins over 3 or 4 top 25 teams, a loss to a team outside of the top 50 (using the Syracuse scenario laid out), and a considerably weaker division and conference schedule.

They have a weaker OOC than Clemson but one of the toughest regular season schedules in the country. They play every good team in the Pac and Notre Dame (one of the better teams in the ACC.)

That's not even homerism. That's the scenario people are laying out for getting 1-2 Pac 12 teams in. I don't think there's anyway 2 teams happens (this isn't the SEC) but a 2 loss team can definitely happen.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]COLLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS HAVE BEEN FOR ELITE RECRUITERS ONLY. WILL THE PLAYOFF ALTER THAT?[/COLOR]

GettyImages-454816666.0.jpg

Parity is a sell in professional sports. Over the last 20 years, 38 percent of the teams in the NFL have won the Super Bowl.

Not so in college football, where roughly 11 percent of FBS teams have titles in that same span. Every year, most programs start out knowing they do not have a reasonable hope of winning the championship.

The reason? Recruiting. The vast majority of teams simply cannot recruit championship-caliber talent. Over the last decade, or about the entire history of reliable recruiting rankings, that benchmark has been bringing in more four- and five-star recruits than lesser-rated players in a four-class cycle.

And since those blue chips are rare -- roughly 350 per year, with more than 10,000 FBS scholarships to fill nationwide -- the teams that get blue chips tend to beat those that don't.

Success requires managing coaching, attrition, development, scouting, support and a host of other factors. But even then, it is hard to stay elite if you're not bringing in a lot of top talent.

What percentage of signees for each contender over the last four classes is made up of blue chips? And what can we learn from that?

http://www.sbnation.com/a/college-football-preview-2015/blue-chip-ratio

Trojans

Frogs

Buckeyes

Bama

Want to put State up there but I'm biased and not thinking clearly. If we beat LSU week 2 put me down for delusional posts every day until we lose. 
Can't wait til Golden is off the sideline in Miami. He's been there 2 years too many. Still waiting on Stacey Coley to be who I thought he'd be. 1350+ yards, 10 tds for Gus. 

Tired of 7 win seasons. 

The preview on the main page said

"COLLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE FOR ELITE RECRUITERS ONLY"

I thought I was missing Sark lulz.

Last edited:
Why is everyone so high up on Auburn? I have them losing at least 3 games. SEC is Bama's for the taking 

^

In the playoff depending on how things go in other places. If that loss comes to Oregon, they're there 'cause they would have won the Big 10. If they lose close to Ohio State they'll need the PAC 10 Champ to have 2+ losses. Don't think Baylor and TCU finish with 1 loss each this year. 

Last edited:
Everyone is seeing how great they will be on offense but fails to see the lack of depth on defense and bringing in a new defensive scheme. The lack of depth on defense last year is what killed them down the end of the stretch.

They don't need to be great on defense, they just need to be good enough

DL will be their determining factor. New scheme will be somewhat of a factor, but he won't have to reinvent the wheel and he already has familiarity with the team and other teams in the conference.

Last edited:
Why is everyone so high up on Auburn? I have them losing at least 3 games. SEC is Bama's for the taking 

^
In the playoff depending on how things go in other places. If that loss comes to Oregon, they're there 'cause they would have won the Big 10. If they lose close to Ohio State they'll need the PAC 10 Champ to have 2+ losses. Don't think Baylor and TCU finish with 1 loss each this year. 

I was thinking a win over Oregon and a close loss to osu (home pick lol). I guess it depends on how everything shakes out. If they beat Oregon and are undefeated when we play it could be a 1vs3/4 game

It'll be like when State played and lost to Bama then. They'll still be a top team.
Everyone is seeing how great they will be on offense but fails to see the lack of depth on defense and bringing in a new defensive scheme. The lack of depth on defense last year is what killed them down the end of the stretch.
Where is this coming from though? Their qb, top rusher and top receiver are all gone. I'm being unbiased (i think) and just don't see the automatic offensive output. LSU, Arkansas, Ole Piss, Georgia, and Bama will be tough. (Trying to be unbiased so I left Miss State off.) Hell, if they took an L to Louisville I wouldn't be surprised. Hope they win by 35 since Louisville rescinded a scholarship to my boy's little cousin though.

Last edited:
It'll be like when State played and lost to Bama then. They'll still be a top team.

Where is this coming from though? Their qb, top rusher and top receiver are all gone. I'm being unbiased (i think) and just don't see the automatic offensive output. LSU, Arkansas, Ole Piss, Georgia, and Bama will be tough. (Trying to be unbiased so I left Miss State off.) Hell, if they took an L to Louisville I wouldn't be surprised. Hope they win by 35 since Louisville rescinded a scholarship to my boy's little cousin though.

I said the same but their offense is made to put up points regardless of the players. But I agree with everything you said.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if one of the Arizona's spoiled everything. It's always Oregon and USC getting the headlines but the Arizona's both are coming off great years and have a chance to do the same or improve this season

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom