2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

The trade obviously wouldn't happen now. So it would give JR time to **** up if that's what's in the future for him.

how is that even an option?
cmon now, Copesanity? the guy that got blocked by Aaron Brooks on a fast break :smh:

I feel like this might be one of those Phil bombs to keep JR in line. Hes known to manipulate through the media. Unless we're trying to tank this is a terrible idea.

It's for additional cap space next offseason instead of having J.R. locked in for an additional period of time should he decide to opt in.

Last edited:
how is that even an option?
cmon now, Copesanity? the guy that got blocked by Aaron Brooks on a fast break
mean.gif
laugh.gif
 I promise I thought about this the other day when watching him in that Pacers x Hawks game. 

He was good for us, but no. Has to be a troll.

IMO yall are CRAZY for not wanting part of a JR for Cope deal.

JR is a head case who plays a position at which we currently have a major log jam at. JR should probably be considered the most expendable player that we have right now, considering that hes probably the only player who is expensive to keep, has a contract thats lasts beyond this summer, and he plays a position at which we have quality young options behind him.

Keeping JR this season basically ensures that no matter how well Shumpert plays this season (and he has looked damn good so far especially on D), he will not be a Knick beyond this season. Knicks simply cannot afford to be paying JR, have Tim on the books, and pay Shumpert this summer with other needs across the board under basically any circumstance.

Trading JR would also free up more playing time for Timmy this season, who would essentially take over JR's role. I think that it is inportant to get Tim involved following his break through rookie campaign. Getting rid of JR will allow us to see what the Shump/Hardaway combo has in store ahead of them.

Copeland, while not as purely skilled of a player as JR, would provide the Knicks with much more of a need position than JR. We could really use a scoring forward like him to come off the bench, and of course he is extremely likeable/coachable and comes without all of the headache attached to JR.

Most important than any factor though is the fact that Copeland is an expiring contract. Getting that valuable money off the books increases the chances that the Knicks can pay Shumpert if we want (especially without a log jam at the 2 holding us back), but even if we dont resign Shump the extra cap space could be the difference between just signing Marc Gasol this summer (would be nice regardless) and possibly signing Marc Gasol AND somebody like Reggie Jackson or maybe a Greg Monroe/Goran Dragic combo instead.

Cope fits in with this team more than JR right off the bat and like I mentioned, getting another expiring contract for a long term deal like JR's could prove to be astronomical for this team's future. The major concern/criticism about Cope is that he is often too much of a volume scorer more than anything else, but I have little doubt that the triangle could change that and make him an efficient spot up shooter to come off the bench.

Although Cope isnt quite the "talent" that JR is, this trade would make the Knicks better for the short and especially the long term. If the depleted-for-wing-scoring Pacers get desperate and Phil can squeeze a pick out of this, obviously all the better, but this is a deal that should get done regardless IMO.

Bruh that gif execution

We all know it would be a money move. But its too early for money moves for next season. Plus you have to assume this type of deal will be available allthe time. Hence some of us thinking its just Phil playing games

ESPN Power Rankings.

15. Knicks

The big takeaway after spending a night with the Knicks in Cleveland is that Derek Fisher belongs. Everyone said he was a coaching natural, but he looks even more comfortable and commanding than I expected, which is reflected in the response he has gotten out of this group since the home opener shellacking.

JR is gonna average 18 in the triangle once they get this offense flowing, why would you trade him for a career role player?

Man we didn't have a system like we do now, and haven't even given it a chance to mature. Let's see how these guys do by December then talk trade (unless a deal with a big name pops up). Not no crlissuhhh coooopuhleeen. Though he was solid.

Back
Top Bottom