2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

what happened with Mark Gasol, no shot or he's re-signed already ?

i'm starting to drink some sangria so forgive me if i get outta control :D

I don't think we have any shot at Marc Gasol. Memphis is in a good place and he's been practically living there since he was a teenager.

In what way ? what you had in mind

his supporting cast is not much + going up with Stanley Johnson & Rondae Hollis-Jefferson :x

He will be defended by NBA talent and NBA ready body in Stanley Johnson most likely. People knock Russell for his skinny frame. If he can perform well tomorrow, it will be a good indicator for how he will perform in his first year in the league

DJ Khaled Voice

*We Da Worst!

Who?

WE ninja"

pimp.gif
roll.gif

These byke-to-byke L's were much needed.
smokin.gif

@StevePopper: Would you deal the No. 1 pick if you're the Knicks for Sixers No. 3 and 11?

this is intriguing...
That's a hell of a scenario. It's been a few minutes and I still can't decide for sure.

Conventional wisdom says you do it though. This team plenty of holes and it's not realistic to think you're gonna fill them all in one offseason through FA. The top 4 guys are great, but none of them are looked at as an AD/LBJ/KD etc. once-in-a-generation type talent. That makes it easier to live with a trade. It all depends on Phil and co.'s evaluation process and if they really fall in love with a guy. Also whatever team ends up picking #2 matters a lot.

Asking me today...best case scenario IMO is getting D'Angelo at #3 and WCS at #11.

But I think he'd be #1 on Philly's board and I seriously doubt WCS drops to 11.

That's my half-glass full answer.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
While the PG position is deep and having that floor general/leader is a huge need, you're still not going to be a contender without a rim protector. Of course you could find them in free agency, but you can find PGs in free agency too. I side with the "go with the big man" crowd, unless the guard is the perfect prospect. 

And to be honest, I don't really care about Melo when it comes to this pick. Best case scenario, this pick is a legit/top player by year 3.. more than likely year 4-5. I'm not letting a potential franchise player decision be dictated by Carmelo Anthony's remaining good years and how they might fit together. 

Agreed Big J.

And I'm not a fan of this fitting with Melo mantra that gets passed around by the media and what not. If we're running the triangle, anybody can fit with him. It's when you have guys not grasping the system or deviating from it that we'll have issues. Triangle is all about having even pieces that know how to read and react. Guys that can shoot, make the right pass and are mobile. All of the top prospects do that in their own way.

Last edited:
Oh I don't give a damn about the triangle either.

**** a triangle, **** a Melo, **** a Phil Jackson, Clyde's cool, **** a Fisher, whatever, man.

Give me a good young prospect who can be a franchise player and a top guy in his position. Land a great young player, make smart free agency signings, go from there. Obviously we're going to work with the assumption that we'll be running the triangle and that Fisher and Phil will be here for the foreseeable future but umm... yeah... things happen. 

Last edited:
Does Russell play defense ?

Would we be able to rob Philly of their, let's say 3rd pick and 11th + Nerlens or Embiid ? For let's say, our 1st and Tim H. ?

1st pick + Tim Hardaway for Nerlens + 3rd and 11th pick ?

Not at all. More likely to trade Timmy and 11 to get WCS.

Philly isn't doing that trade idk why the idea is even floated. They want as much youn talent as possible.

@StevePopper: Would you deal the No. 1 pick if you're the Knicks for Sixers No. 3 and 11?

this is intriguing...

I'd do it. Get Russell and WCS and were GOOD. The more I watch okafor the more I don't want him. Him and melo are the same in terms of catching the ball on the block. They both tend to hold the ball. Out of the top 3, I'd take towns and Russell. It's like pairing melo with cousins. We don't need a post scorer. We need a post defender and rebounder aka WCS.

I'd do it. Get Russell and WCS and were GOOD. The more I watch okafor the more I don't want him. Him and melo are the same in terms of catching the ball on the block. They both tend to hold the ball. Out of the top 3, I'd take towns and Russell. It's like pairing melo with cousins. We don't need a post scorer. We need a post defender and rebounder aka WCS.

We don't have post scorer, rebounder or post defender.

Phil also said the team would make improvements through free agency, so we should expect to sign a player that makes a difference.
Great thing is we can draft a top 3 rookie AND sign an all star that fit. I forgot Tobias Harris wants to be here too.

Love has been low key complaining about his role in CLE. Phil & Fish can use Love similar to Gasols play in LA. I wish Chicago would be looking to rebuild, I would throw our pick at Noah, Noah-Millsap-Melo :/

Last edited:
There will be no 11th pick because the Heat look like they're headed to the playoffs, making it likely the 16th pick.

Not at all. More likely to trade Timmy and 11 to get WCS

How would we get the 11th pick? You meant offer Tim for the 11th?
question at hand was 1 for 3 and 11.

There will be no 11th pick because the Heat look like they're headed to the playoffs, making it likely the 16th pick.
even more reason to not waste time with this discussion.

We need to trade for Moe Harkless. 21 he can ball good size getting no burn. Get him to the Mecca asap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom