2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

I would like to see Phil trading Calderon on the draft night.

I have to admit that I am a little worried about Porzingis. He's been compared to Pau Gasol. Phil Jackson likes that kind of player. I can see that we are going with Winslow. Winslow can play both at SG and SF position. I like Winslow. He's more ready than others. For myself, I prefer Mudiay over Winslow. We are in the golden era of point guard now.

I decided to learn more about Mudiay. I saw a lot of videos of him. Just wow. He's unbelievable. So athleticism, size and great court vision. Very unselfish. Melo would love to play with that kind of player. Mudiay's shooting stance looks potential. It can get better just like Russell Westbrook. John Wall's shooting stance looks so wrong. It's hard to change a player's habit. Mudiay doesn't have that kind of bad shooting stance. Mudiay just needs to reduce his flashy passes. I think Mudiay could be the best player out of this draft in the next five years.

Knicks Tank Last Night 
frown.gif

I haven't seen Porzingis play at all. If we go Euro I would much rather Mario. Seems more of a sure shot than what I've read on Porzingis.

I don't want any foreign players. **** that

That's racist. And i agree.

It would be nice if we can somehow get Marc Gasol Since we aint getting a potential HOF big man. But i think he loves memphis and it aint happening.

Last edited:
 It’s becoming increasingly usual to seeDanilo Gallinariproducing almost at will regardless of who he goes up against. His skill repertoire, knowledge of the game and physical gifts propose a devastating equation that hardly anybody can consistently contest. Just consider that he’s living in the 20+ point mark for the last five games now, combining both the Euroleague and the Italian Lega. The run includes last week’s defeat against the Israeli powerhouse Maccabi Elite Tel Aviv, where Gallinari carried his team’s offensive load with 27 points, 4 rebounds and 3 steals, and the comfortable victory over Scavolini Spar Pesaro, that only required him to spend 26 minutes on court, but was still enough to come up with 20 points and 6 rebounds.

Gallinari is a well-known solid shooter. Indeed he made a living off his perimeter stroke during his first year of serious veteran competition (in the Italian second division). In this game, it was interesting to see him creating his own shot in a pure face-up one-on-one setting, using a fake and a dribble to release a successful long-range bomb, but also from the low post with a turnaround jumper, cashing in off his size. He can be pretty quick displaying his mechanics, and he shows a great sense of timing to execute every move while always evaluating his match-up’s reaction. Indeed, he often makes opponents bite on his fakes, forcing many fouls in the process or just paving his way to the basket. That’s logically helped become the dual-threat that he is his with shooting and slashing abilities.
[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]
[endif]

Standing 6'8 with a decent wingspan and a solid frame that could continue to fill out over time, Hezonja has outstanding size for a shooting guard. He's also an effortless athlete who runs the floor exceptionally well, has nice quickness, and can finish plays above the rim, ranking among the most impressive physical specimens we've seen among European prospects in recent memory.

Besides his physical attributes, the most appealing part of Hezonja's game is his offensive skill-set, which has helped him earn minutes, albeit inconsistently, for one of Europe's premier teams. Combining supreme confidence with tremendous fluidity and coordination, Hezonja's offensive game starts with his jump shooting ability both when spotting up and running off of screens within set plays. He shoots the ball with an effortless, high release point that will translate nicely to the NBA three-point line in time.

A capable ball handler, Hezonja also flashes the ability to create his own shot, notably as the ball handler in the pick and roll. His ability to explode past the defense with his strong first step off the dribble make him a threat to get to the rim, and he has a bit of shake to his floor game as well, showing the ability to use step backs to create space for his jump shots. Making 42% of his pull-up jump shots and finishing at a 62% clip around the rim, Hezonja's scored efficiently in a variety of ways this season.

[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]A capable ball handler, Hezonja also flashes the ability to create his own shot, notably as the ball handler in the pick and roll. His ability to explode past the defense with his strong first step off the dribble make him a threat to get to the rim, and he has a bit of shake to his floor game as well, showing the ability to use step backs to create space for his jump shots. Making 42% of his pull-up jump shots and finishing at a 62% clip around the rim, Hezonja's scored efficiently in a variety of ways this season.
[endif]
Similarities imo, If I were a Knicks fan I'm praying you guys get Winslow or Mudiay, the europeans are nice pieces to a growing team, but you guys need a star with Melo, Winslow or Mudiay could be that star.

Mudiay scares me. Looks good but could be awful for us. He's playing in China (completely different game than ours) and we've had a lot of problems with foreign players. I was hoping for Russell. I thought we would at least be in the top 3. ******* ****, four. Hahahaha, four. Phil probably thinking about quitting now.

Mudiay was a top 2 prospect in HS though here in the states. Plenty of scouting has been done on him. Plus the competition in China is a bit better than D1

Back
Top Bottom