2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Draft day should be wild. Too many possibilities with Mudiay/Okafor/Russell/Winslow then you have Dragic/Reggie/Knight/Jimmy in FA.

Too bad we cant move Melo for #2. Wouldnt even matter either because we have no pick in 2016 :smh:

Last edited:
I am really looking forward to seeing our fellow Knicks fans' reactions on draft night. :lol:

knicks-fans-at-the-draft.gif

knicks-fans-o.gif

Last edited:
i was angry about yesterdays result... i already predicted the result before it happen but didnt want to believe it... i cant believe our luck but not surprised... with that being said im starting to accept the 4th pick and draft mudiay... we do need a pg and if hes anywhere close to wall or westbrook we straight... winslow would be a good option also... still torn on whom to pick up... i feel we need a pg more then a wing player though... and just get a big man in free agency i guess

of course that's the rumor. there's gonna be a ton of dumbass rumors from here till june just off the fact that the media loves ripping the knicks. can't stand these clowns.

if minny were smart, okafor would be a much better fit for their team and needs. dieng is a good defender, but a horrible post scorer (insert okafor).

lakers will probably draft KAT (or okafor) since they already have jordan clarkson and they love bigs.

phili has been rumored to draft russell regardless if they had a higher pick or not. drafting a big for them would make no sense.

so that leaves us. its possible that we may end up with any of the above 3, but most likely itll be muddy. thats the most sensible pick. we dont need a wing, bc good role playing wings are a dime a dozen. WCS would also be a good pick bc we do need a post defender and rebounder.

we will have a chance at 2 of the 3 mudiay, russell, winslow depending on which 1 of the 3 gets picked up first

Last edited:
FWIW history of the #4 pick...

Jamal Mashburn '93

Donyell Marshall '94

Rasheed Wallace '95

Stephon Marbury '96

Antonio Daniels '97

Antawn Jamison '98

Lamar Odom '99

Marcus Fizer '00
Eddy Curry '01 :nerd: (disregard)

Drew Gooden '02

Chris Bosh '03

Shaun Livingston '04

Chris Paul '05

Tyrus Thomas '06

Mike Conley '07

Russell Westbrook '08

Tyreke Evans '09

Wesley Johnson '10

Tristan Thompson '11

Dion Waiters '12

Cody Zeller '13

Aaron Gordon '14

but 

I thought he was gonna be good for us too but he just phased out.
In most cases i absolve a player of past sins when they put on Knicks jersey and look at them with a blank slate. Eddy's wasn't blank for more than a few days LOL

Kobe who? IDK wth folks are watching. Maybe I've been watching the wrong vids.

that's kinda how I felt. I never heard of dude till now. maybe it's because he's in China and he had a couple of highlights.

I'm just plenty ignorant to this kid, honestly never heard of him and hearing people compare him to one of the greatest ever made me perk up :lol:

btw, it was Carton who compared him this morning so maybe I should put that on myself for who I'm believing :smh:

I'm a mess ...

It's not even a question of whether we've heard of him or not. I got two eyes and I've seen plenty enough basketball to know that ain't no Kobe. The kid can't even shoot. Wall is a way better comparison and even that's a stretch imo.

that's kinda how I felt. I never heard of dude till now. maybe it's because he's in China and he had a couple of highlights.

I'm just plenty ignorant to this kid, honestly never heard of him and hearing people compare him to one of the greatest ever made me perk up :lol:

btw, it was Carton who compared him this morning so maybe I should put that on myself for who I'm believing :smh:

I'm a mess ...

Coming out of HS people compared him to John Wall but a bigger version. He has speed and athleticism. But like Wall, he will need time to mature and needs to work on his jumper badly. Though he did gain weight while in China and seemed to have slowed down. We don't know whether it's because he put on muscle, because of his ankle injury early on in the season, or a combo of both. He is our best chance. After the top 4 there is a severe drop off in terms of potential in my opinion.

Last edited:
Mudiay reminds me of a bigger, stronger Jrue Holiday. he doesn't seem as explosive as Wall

we got Thanasis coming up too so we basically have 2 rookies next season

edit: tbh i think Mudiay is more NBA ready than Russell

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom