2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

i like winslow but he doesnt fill a need for us... we need a pg and c badly so address that first... besides i think we have a legitimate shot at jimmy during free agency

Winslow would force Melo back to the 4 where he's most effective.

but i agree we need a PG & C in the worst way before a wing

we went through so much just to get melo and we havent had a player as good as melo maybe since ewing... so ya it would be completely pointless to trade him...just put a real good team around him to see how great melo really could be instead of having someone like JR as a 2nd best option or even bargs and im not even going to mention amare |I

plus side is Okafor has a higher basketball IQ, downside is, he's not as physically gifted. Amar'e should've been a much better player.

Trading Melo is the best move toward actually building ground up which we need to do. We aren't building a contender around a 30+ Melo anytimes.

And i like the guy. So let him go somewhere he can contend and prove people wrong. That's not NY.

We traded away Tyson Chandler, Jr Smith and Shump for Jose Calderon. Seems even.

Melo is the last chip we have toward anything, its best to move him when literally everything else is just so deficient. His value will go down year by year get the most you can get for him now. You can prolly convince Sacramento to give up something for him. 2 firsts/Rudy Gay/Stauskaus, call it a day.

would you guys want wilson chandler back ? I would really have to think about trading down with denver if they give back ill will AND ty lawson w/ the 7th pick. 

We fill multiple holes with established players while still looking at the future with the pick

we could still have Oubre, Stanley Johnson, WCS, or Mario

the draft needs to come quicker 
sick.gif

laugh.gif

Last edited:
Some of the posts here make me wanna leave until the draft

But then I'll miss all the lulz

Yeah, I don't really care that Shump and JR had their struggles here so "Might as well ship them away"... when you're the Knicks, you don't just give away players with talent.

Even if our craziest trade, FA signings, draft picks, all workout.. you still  need a bench and role players. Look at the Clippers and their struggles.. Good organizations, coaches, and superstar leaders find a way to make those players effective. It's just such a classic Knicks things to do, give up two players for nothing and then see them contribute to a team making a playoff run.

As for the draft, on the bright side, our decision will likely be made for us. The two big men will be gone, Russell looks like a great fit in Philly, so that leaves us Mudiay. 

Last edited:
Each side has understandable points though.

I'm not upset at J.R. and Shump being gone. I am upset not getting anything in return.

I can understand why people feel keeping Melo is the only way to field a legitimate contender. History is also against Melo, he has yet to show and prove he can be the guy consistently. And we see how these teams with youth movements are on the rise.

I can understand being somewhat upset with Phil. He didn't really properly assess the situation. I can understand giving Phil time as this is his first time in a front office role. Thing is you want him to get it before its too late.

Only time will tell.

What makes you guys think the FO didn't try shopping JR, found no takers, and realized they have to throw in Shump?

Those dudes had to leave NY, and it's a gamble that frees up cap space. Shump is also due for an extension this offseason. We couldn't pay him if we wanted to gamble and try acquiring star talent.

Am i the only one that thinks our current starting lineup (Gallo-THJ-Early-Lance-Bargs/Cole) is a very solid bench going forward? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom