2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

"Worse defender than Amare..." KrisSTOPS :pimp:

Haters hate on
i
Understand ballerific doesn't like Kris but some of these statements, especially the amare defense comparison, are WILD. :lol:
So much pessimism in here

Nah, they've already said the kid doesn't know how to play defense. I don't give a **** about highlights, watch game film. He can't play defense and he can't stop a big body. And this ******* troll wants him to play the 5.....the ******* 5. Yeah, enjoy giving up 30 points in the paint and then running back and chucking 3s. Who does that sound like?

Josh NewmanVerified account
‏@Joshua_Newman Porzingis' buyout is a shade under $1M American, which is a speed bump in terms of buyouts. Almost no chance he's not in the NBA in 2015-16.

Kristaps Porzingis Creating Buzz, Could Be Gone When Knicks Select Fourth
By JOSH NEWMAN
June 16th, 2015 5:59 pm

No NBA Draft prospect is garnering more buzz nine days before the event than 19-year-old Latvian big man Kristaps Porzingis.

Like any European prospect, Porzingis, who is slotted at No. 3 overall to the Philadelphia 76ers according to the latest mock draft from DraftExpress, has a buyout with one year remaining on his current deal with Sevilla of Spain’s ACB League.

According Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress, Porzingis’ buyout is €850,000, which equates to roughly $956,000. NBA teams are allowed to pay up $625,000 towards an international buyout, which will not count against the salary cap. That means Porzingis would need to make up the rest of $331,000 out of his after-tax salary.

“I don’t like being labeled soft,” Porzingis told Adrian Wojnarowski Yahoo Sports. “I’m very hungry. I love the game. I’ve got to prove to coaches and GMs that I’m not soft just because I’m from Europe. They need to see that I’m not just some skinny white guy, that I’m going to be there fighting. They’ll need to see that I’m a worker who’s going to play hard, and play tough.”

Now the question is, would the Sixers be wise in pulling the trigger on Porzingis at No. 3?

“They want immediate help, they just can’t continue to develop and look for 4-5 years in advance,” NBA scouting consultant Ryan Blake told SNY.tv on the 4 Quarters Podcast Tuesday afternoon. “Porzingis is a really good player, a power forward-center who is long, athletic, can stretch the defense, good shot-blocker. He’s actually a good defender, he can defend a few spots and use his lateral quickness.”

Blake, the son of late longtime NBA Director of Scouting Marty Blake, expressed concern over the buyout and whether or not Porzingis would come over to the NBA immediately, but those buyout figures are not considered prohibitive and he is expected to make his NBA debut this fall. If it is indeed the Sixers taking Porzingis, that would have a direct impact on the Knicks, who pick at No. 4.

The top two picks are expected to be Karl-Anthony Towns to the Minnesota Timberwolves and Jahlil Okafor to the Los Angeles Lakers. If that happens and Porzingis then goes third to the Sixers, the Knicks would be left to choose from a group of players that includes point guards D’Angelo Russell and Emmanuel Mudiay.

Russell has moved up to No. 4 on DraftExpress and would seem to fit the triangle offense. An explosive 6-foot-5 19-year-old who played in China last season, Mudiay is currently slotted at No. 7.

“If Russell is there, I don’t think he would be there by any chance,” said Blake, indicating he believes Russell to be a top-3 pick. “Mudiay does have that talent. He’s a solid-sized combo guard or point guard. He attacks the rim and really utilizes that wiry strength, that crafty handle and quickness. He’s a good board man and has a great motor.”

Ricky Rubio's buyout issue
The Timberwolves drafted Rubio fifth overall two years ago despite a buyout clause in his Spanish contract that topped $6 million. The enormity of the buyout, which would have come out of Rubio's own pocket, caused him to stay overseas rather than immediately come to the NBA, and there was talk that the precocious teenager did not want to play in Minnesota.

Nah, they've already said the kid doesn't know how to play defense. I don't give a **** about highlights, watch game film. He can't play defense and he can't stop a big body. And this ******* troll wants him to play the 5.....the ******* 5. Yeah, enjoy giving up 30 points in the paint and then running back and chucking 3s. Who does that sound like?
roll.gif

It's all good though you're doing your job. Knicks fans are supposed to hate this kid irrationally. It was expected. It is what will drive him to greatness 
pimp.gif

If all Knicks fans looked at this kid like I did (rationally and with an open mind), he would ******* suck 

#KriSTOPS now? Those Euroleague cats ain't exactly LeBron or Westbrook. He gonna get out the way just like everyone else :lol:

i was upset about the pick but im starting to accept it... when gallo got drafted i wasnt a fan and was actually sad when we traded him for melo... gallo isnt great but he was definitely serviceable and worth the pick imo

Last edited:
i was upset about the pick but im starting to accept it... when gallo got drafted i wasnt a fan and was actually sad when we traded him for melo... gallo isnt great but he was definitely serviceable and worth the pick imo
Dont tell @Ballerific703  that. He still thinks we should have taken American Citizen Jerryd Bayless 
roll.gif

... Yeah I'm trolling at this point. I'll stop now 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Just heard that supposedly Carmelo called THJR last night to voice his displeasure? That doesn't sound realistic, they don't get a long.

Gallo was not worth a top ten pick. Where is he at? Two blown knees and Denver is trying to trade him. Again, not a top 10 draft pick. Not a bad player though.

Just heard that supposedly Carmelo called THJR last night to voice his displeasure? That doesn't sound realistic, they don't get a long.
Probably to help thjr cope with the fact he's been traded as a young player. Idk why everybody feels teammates (specifically thjr and Melo) don't get along just because of one incident or whatever

really gunna hold injuries against Gallo? 
laugh.gif

I am actually worried about Porzingis longevity though. Real talk, dude could wear out his joints and stuff attempting to put on muscle. His frame looks like it isn't built for that and he should just be allowed to grow more naturally. I hope they just work on his core and athletic/functional strength and conditioning as opposed to trying to force him to be a body builder that his frame isn't made for. I'd rather see him be super light+agile on his feet and very springy.

PorSpringis

Last edited:
I like how under control Grant seems to play all of the time. I'm trying to temper my expectations for him tho so I don't let myself down but dude seems like he could really be helpful for this team.

For you guys that are saying he'll just be a role player/ fringe starter why is that? Jut wondering cuz I haven't watched a ton of film on dude yet

There were multiple times Carmelo and THJR were beefing on court. They don't get along. THJR is a hot head.

gallinari was not top ten draft pick material back then. he was pushed by dantoni's relationship with his father

all i keep telling myself is i think we are overhyping Mudiay and he will be more along the line of brandon jennings and yeh brandon jennings went on a hot streak at one point last year but he is not who i would want want on the knicks.

Back
Top Bottom