2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Lol Gr8 chill b

You're really a personification of the Knicks. You're trying to build us up with hope and then have an avalanche of disappointment come down on us.

Don't do that to the kid. Drummond will murder him on the block.
Like most centers in this league, Drummond has no post game. David West can bang down low with physical players like him. Zinger can block shots for now.
Drummond doesn't need post moves against Zinger, he can literally barrel over him. Zinger would get his back broken word to Tractor Trailer and Gallo.

Nothing about Zinger screams elite athleticism or rim protector. Nothing. He just has size and length, can that translate, maybe, but that's literally the weakest part of his game.

You guys are clearly more upset at his appearance than what he actually has to offer the game. Cool.

Drummond doesn't need post moves against Zinger, he can literally barrel over him. Zinger would get his back broken word to Tractor Trailer and Gallo.

Nothing about Zinger screams elite athleticism or rim protector. Nothing. He just has size and length, can that translate, maybe, but that's literally the weakest part of his game.
Doesnt need elite athleticism necessarily. Combination of length and athleticism can very well be elite tho
You guys are clearly more upset at his appearance than what he actually has to offer the game. Cool.

I guess I'm a "personification of Knicks fans" for liking a European prospect (before we even picked him), when there were thousands of Knicks fans Booing the **** out of the pick prematurely (like yall are doing) last night at Barclays.

Ok then 
laugh.gif

please no hibbert, i rather have tyson chandler back
Nah man Hibbert would really help Kris out his rookie year which then helps the Knicks out and ensures we make the playoffs again and don't just give away another lotto pick. But at the same time it doesn't lock us in to being bottom playoff seeds all throughout Melo's prime because Hibbert's contract would end after the season and we could go after the loaded FA class with a little better chance and landing a Tier 1 player than we have this year

please no hibbert, i rather have tyson chandler back

Nah man Hibbert would really help Kris out his rookie year which then helps the Knicks out and ensures we make the playoffs again and don't just give away another lotto pick. But at the same time it doesn't lock us in to being bottom playoff seeds all throughout Melo's prime because Hibbert's contract would end after the season and we could go after the loaded FA class with a little better chance and landing a Tier 1 player than we have this year
Don't like Hibbert at all but I prefer to take on 1 year deals as a stop-gap rather than overspending and losing 2016 flexibility.

Don't get me wrong I ******* hate Hibbert like all of the rest of you guys in here and it'd be hard as **** to root for the guy who I feel like single handily ruined, what after last night's blunder, seems to be our best chance at a championship opportunity back in 2013. But at the end of the day its not about Hibbert at all. Its about the Knicks and its about protecting the guy we spent our #4 overall pick on and giving him the best chance to succeed as early in his career as possible. It's still team **** Hibbert over here but if he can help the Knicks better than anyone else at his position that **** it I can out my grudges aside and welcome him to the team if it means we aren't cementing ourselves in mediocrity for the next 4 years

Al Iannazzone ‏@Al_Iannazzone · 14m14 minutes ago
Phil was asked if he thought about Carmelo when picking KP. He said. "Carmelo's always on my mind. He's our favorite son."

NBA New York Knicks ‏@nyknicks · 22m22 minutes ago
.@PhilJackson11 @scmills and @derekfisher introduce @kporzee and @JerianGrant to the NY media. #KnicksDraft15
View media item 1600517
"This really kicks off the 2015-16 season." -- @derekfisher

"Last night it was a dream come true. I wanted to be a Knick, I said it before the Draft." -- @kporzee #KnicksDraft15

NBA New York Knicks ‏@nyknicks · 17m17 minutes ago
J. Grant: "It's exciting to be a part of the #Knicks. Who wouldn't want to play in the World's Most Famous Arena for the world's best fans?"

NBA New York Knicks ‏@nyknicks · 11m11 minutes ago
.@derekfisher: "We picked them for a reason. We believe that they can play, that they can contribute for us. They'll get what they earn."

NBA New York Knicks ‏@nyknicks · 10m10 minutes ago
.@kporzee: "As young guys, the first thing we need to bring is energy. Dirty work, defense, blocking shots."

NBA New York Knicks ‏@nyknicks · 9m9 minutes ago
.@PhilJackson11: "I really enjoyed watching @JerianGrant in the NCAA Tournament because of how he could break down the defense."

NBA New York Knicks ‏@nyknicks · 8m8 minutes ago
.@scmills on trading for @JerianGrant: "We said, 'this guy can move our team forward, so let's make this move.'" #KnicksDraft15

NBA New York Knicks ‏@nyknicks · 4m4 minutes ago
.@PhilJackson11: "We'll balance the team off with veterans so the load doesn't fall on Kris and Jerian right away."

I know y'all see some sort of potential in son, but I really wanted someone who has a charisma about them, a swagger that screams "you try to play me, I'm finna buss ya ***"

This dude is a euro player, I haven't seen one who has exuded those types of mental traits, at least out the gate.

Dudes gonna be trying to herb son up left and right. I don't know, it looks good on paper, draft videos and from logical standpoints but it's not settling well with me yet.

I guess when Phil said "yes" when he was asked if choice will surprise anyone, he wasn't lying...

Shoot actually, we sitting here trying to decipher dude and thinking he's throwing up smoke screens etc and he sure as hell wasn't.

I'm still sick. If I see ANY one we passed up doing better than this dude, I'm fading Phil on spot

Hezonja would of been that guy. And he will ball out to, Trust me.

Al Iannazzone ‏@Al_Iannazzone · 14m14 minutes ago
Phil was asked if he thought about Carmelo when picking KP. He said. "Carmelo's always on my mind. He's our favorite son."

.@PhilJackson11 @scmills and @derekfisher introduce @kporzee and @JerianGrant to the NY media. #KnicksDraft15

"This really kicks off the 2015-16 season." -- @derekfisher

"Last night it was a dream come true. I wanted to be a Knick, I said it before the Draft." -- @kporzee #KnicksDraft15

NBA New York Knicks ‏@nyknicks · 17m17 minutes ago
J. Grant: "It's exciting to be a part of the #Knicks. Who wouldn't want to play in the World's Most Famous Arena for the world's best fans?"

NBA New York Knicks ‏@nyknicks · 11m11 minutes ago
.@derekfisher: "We picked them for a reason. We believe that they can play, that they can contribute for us. They'll get what they earn."

NBA New York Knicks ‏@nyknicks · 10m10 minutes ago
.@kporzee: "As young guys, the first thing we need to bring is energy. Dirty work, defense, blocking shots."

NBA New York Knicks ‏@nyknicks · 9m9 minutes ago
.@PhilJackson11: "I really enjoyed watching @JerianGrant in the NCAA Tournament because of how he could break down the defense."

NBA New York Knicks ‏@nyknicks · 8m8 minutes ago
.@scmills on trading for @JerianGrant: "We said, 'this guy can move our team forward, so let's make this move.'" #KnicksDraft15

NBA New York Knicks ‏@nyknicks · 4m4 minutes ago
.@PhilJackson11: "We'll balance the team off with veterans so the load doesn't fall on Kris and Jerian right away."
Love everything about this

#KrisSTOPS :pimp:

Never heard Amare say anything like:
"As young guys, the first thing we need to bring is energy. Dirty work, defense, blocking shots."

At least not that I can recall...

Last edited:
I'll be rooting for Zinger I think he will do well in the league. I'll be watching you guys more often this year.

Have they addressed the other bozo we drafted? Dying to hear an explanation why we gave up two picks for a kid that won't be NBA read y for two years. This **** really makes no sense at all.

Have they addressed the other bozo we drafted? Dying to hear an explanation why we gave up two picks for a kid that won't be NBA read y for two years. This **** really makes no sense at all.

I believe it has something with Kristaps. Guillermo Hernangomez aka Willy was on loan from Real Madrid for Kristaps's team.

You can check this out.

Full game

Porzingis and Hernangomez against Mario Hezonja

From what I see, Willy covers up Kristaps's weakness on the defensive side. They work together really well.

i had to skip the last 500 rant posts, so can someone tell me if zinger is coming this season or naw?

I've been trying to find out about that situation since this morning. From what I see, he will play this year. 90% guaranteed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom