2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

probably because you can't teach 7 feet and many considered Oden one of the best defensive big prospects in a long, long time.

it's as if the scouts couldn't see that Greg Oden couldn't handle his height... like how did they expect him to move on the court? Some things are impossible.
They got caught up in the size thing and didn't pay enough attention to his medicals. It happens. Healthy Oden would've been an all star, great defensive anchor, great fit next to LMA and Roy. Just didn't work.

What on earth are you talking about? That was considered one of the deepest drafts ever at the time. Oden was considered a generational big man. He would have went #1 in any draft of the decade excluding 2003. Traditionally, NBA teams always choose big over small. That's not an indictment on KD. He set college basketball on fire for a year. What you do mean "dudes didn't know anything about him from day one"?

the people I were around were hating., they loved Greg Oden. Greg Oden sucked in college and he sucked in the NBA . stats mean nothing. you can lose it all in a day.
Oden didn't suck in college :lol: I watched every game of his that year. he was great defensively, good offensively and was a huge reason for them going to the national championship.

Bro, Greg Oden was an INCREDIBLE draft prospect. He nowhere near sucked in college, when he wasnt hurt, and led Ohio State to the finals while KD got exposed in the 2nd round to USC. The **** are some of yall even talking about bringing that **** up? 
laugh.gif

kd was compared to dirk out of college but he was a sure fire thing because he played against college athletes

but zingis is compared to dirk played 4 seasons in the euroleague but needs 2-3 years to develop :rofl:

What exactly are you saying?

That Zinger is going to step in right away like KD did?

Cause if so you're in for a rude awakening

Oden didn't suck in college :lol: I watched every game of his that year. he was great defensively, good offensively and was a huge reason for them going to the national championship.

I'm sorry but I have not leant towards Greg Oden as a player in any fashion.. and in college he might have done his thing on a "College" level but not an NBA Pro level he just wasn't going to transition.. he wasn't that good the people he played against were just amateurs . :rolleyes

We were a terrible team last year, we drafted a guy that is useless this year. You think FAs will want to come here? They won't. They'll come here when other teams don't have money and this is their last option.

I'm sorry but I have not leant towards Greg Oden as a player in any fashion.. and in college he might have done his thing on a "College" level but not an NBA Pro level he just wasn't going to transition.. he wasn't that good the people he played against were just amateurs .
eyes.gif
Stop it. GO might have been the most highly touted Draft prospect since Lebron. ANY team takes him #1 that year and every other year besides 03 and maybe 04 (after Dwight, MAYBE).

He absolutely would have panned out if not for injuries. You, sir, are reaching.

And I LOVE your whole point about Zinger. I have been preaching Zinger in here the whole time. But dont unfairly put down other players just to prove a point...

Last edited:
Oden was an elite shot blocker at 19. An elite rim protector and anchor. He had a soft touch. He would've been a star if he was heathy.

Back
Top Bottom