2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

i can't believe baseball is still putrefying our airwaves. how is it even a sport?

just thinking about the knicks opener has me all like

Last time Melo had a real PG he shot 48%, 47% and 49% from the field. Expect another historic season from him. I'm expecting 26, 7, 4 while shooting 50% from the field and 40% from three.

You guys need to chill with the Ebola Virus thing. It's not an airborne disease and you can't get it until someone with symptoms transfers their body fluids with yours.

I.E. So, if this chick has Ebola and you're making out with her or going in raw, but she doesn't show symptoms (fever, intestinal pain, bloody stool)--You won't catch it. Symptoms don't show until 3 weeks since incubation.

But if she is showing symptoms and you still make out with her or go in raw--stay the Hell away from me :lol:

To recap: If someone is showing symptoms of having Ebola and you have bodily fluid contact with them, you will need to get checked immediately. This isn't West Africa. You will receive proper treatment and likelihood that you'll survive is pretty good.

THIS IS NOT AN AIRBORNE DISEASE. AND THIS ISN'T THE WALKING DEAD.

1. Ebola virus disease (EVD), formerly known as Ebola haemorrhagic fever, is a severe, often fatal illness in humans.
  2. The virus is transmitted to people from wild animals and spreads in the human population through human-to-human transmission.
  3. The average EVD case fatality rate is around 50%. Case fatality rates have varied from 25% to 90% in past outbreaks.
  4. The first EVD outbreaks occurred in remote villages in Central Africa, near tropical rainforests, but the most recent outbreak in west Africa has involved major urban as well as rural areas.
  5. Community engagement is key to successfully controlling outbreaks. Good outbreak control relies on applying a package of interventions, namely case management, surveillance and contact tracing, a good laboratory service, safe burials and social mobilisation.
  6. Early supportive care with rehydration, symptomatic treatment improves survival. There is as yet no licensed treatment proven to neutralise the virus but a range of blood, immunological and drug therapies are under development.
  7. There are currently no licensed Ebola vaccines but 2 potential candidates are undergoing evaluation.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/07/31/world/africa/ebola-virus-outbreak-qa.html?_r=0

Please, keep yourselves informed and not stay ignorant. The more you know, the better we'll be as a community and society.

Last edited:
You guys need to chill with the Ebola Virus thing. It's not an airborne disease and you can't get it until someone with symptoms transfers their body fluids with yours.

I.E. So, if this chick has Ebola and you're making out with her or going in raw, but she doesn't show symptoms (fever, intestinal pain, bloody stool)--You won't catch it. Symptoms don't show until 3 weeks since incubation.

But if she is showing symptoms and you still make out with her or go in raw--stay the Hell away from me :lol:

To recap: If someone is showing symptoms of having Ebola and you have bodily fluid contact with them, you will need to get checked immediately. This isn't West Africa. You will receive proper treatment and likelihood that you'll survive is pretty good.

THIS IS NOT AN AIRBORNE DISEASE. AND THIS ISN'T THE WALKING DEAD.

1. Ebola virus disease (EVD), formerly known as Ebola haemorrhagic fever, is a severe, often fatal illness in humans.
  2. The virus is transmitted to people from wild animals and spreads in the human population through human-to-human transmission.
  3. The average EVD case fatality rate is around 50%. Case fatality rates have varied from 25% to 90% in past outbreaks.
  4. The first EVD outbreaks occurred in remote villages in Central Africa, near tropical rainforests, but the most recent outbreak in west Africa has involved major urban as well as rural areas.
  5. Community engagement is key to successfully controlling outbreaks. Good outbreak control relies on applying a package of interventions, namely case management, surveillance and contact tracing, a good laboratory service, safe burials and social mobilisation.
  6. Early supportive care with rehydration, symptomatic treatment improves survival. There is as yet no licensed treatment proven to neutralise the virus but a range of blood, immunological and drug therapies are under development.
  7. There are currently no licensed Ebola vaccines but 2 potential candidates are undergoing evaluation.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/07/31/world/africa/ebola-virus-outbreak-qa.html?_r=0

Please, keep yourselves informed and not stay ignorant. The more you know, the better we'll be as a community and society.
Honestly, I was just looking for a reason to stay home.

And dude ended up being in Bellevue...down the block from my job.:lol:

Larkin with the Felton esque turnover that cost the game
give Priggy all his minutes
lulz

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom