2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

My head hurts watching this Triangle Offense doc :lol:

Read Phil's book. Actually, everyone should read his book. I started it and couldn't put that **** down. Phil is actually a fascinating dude beyond just coaching.

He made a point in the book about the Triangle. The Triangle will work rhythmically and correctly when basic fundamentals are installed in each player (passing, spacing, and recognizing defenses). It doesnt need a "Superstar" to work because each player will end up playing to their strengths and elevating their play. It helps having a "Superstar" because when all else fails, they can do their thing. The players have to see how the defense sets up before the offense commences, then it's the job of the players to recognize what happens and adjust. Kobe was quoted saying "The defense couldn't stop us because we didn't even know what we were going to do until we saw how they set up.".

In the book, Phil talked about how Fisher was one of his favorite players to coach and spoke extremely highly of him, and his future ability to coach and lead.

Poor Larkin he would of been a god this am if he didn't turn it iver oh well it's preseason

I can't stand earl dudes gotta go he's such a moron I can't wait till his contract is up he's so inconsistent, what's the over under that he costs us a few games again like last year

You guys need to chill with the Ebola Virus thing. It's not an airborne disease and you can't get it until someone with symptoms transfers their body fluids with yours.

I.E. So, if this chick has Ebola and you're making out with her or going in raw, but she doesn't show symptoms (fever, intestinal pain, bloody stool)--You won't catch it. Symptoms don't show until 3 weeks since incubation.

But if she is showing symptoms and you still make out with her or go in raw--stay the Hell away from me :lol:

To recap: If someone is showing symptoms of having Ebola and you have bodily fluid contact with them, you will need to get checked immediately. This isn't West Africa. You will receive proper treatment and likelihood that you'll survive is pretty good.

THIS IS NOT AN AIRBORNE DISEASE. AND THIS ISN'T THE WALKING DEAD.

1. Ebola virus disease (EVD), formerly known as Ebola haemorrhagic fever, is a severe, often fatal illness in humans.
  2. The virus is transmitted to people from wild animals and spreads in the human population through human-to-human transmission.
  3. The average EVD case fatality rate is around 50%. Case fatality rates have varied from 25% to 90% in past outbreaks.
  4. The first EVD outbreaks occurred in remote villages in Central Africa, near tropical rainforests, but the most recent outbreak in west Africa has involved major urban as well as rural areas.
  5. Community engagement is key to successfully controlling outbreaks. Good outbreak control relies on applying a package of interventions, namely case management, surveillance and contact tracing, a good laboratory service, safe burials and social mobilisation.
  6. Early supportive care with rehydration, symptomatic treatment improves survival. There is as yet no licensed treatment proven to neutralise the virus but a range of blood, immunological and drug therapies are under development.
  7. There are currently no licensed Ebola vaccines but 2 potential candidates are undergoing evaluation.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/07/31/world/africa/ebola-virus-outbreak-qa.html?_r=0

Please, keep yourselves informed and not stay ignorant. The more you know, the better we'll be as a community and society.

Oh you a doctor? I doubt they truly know how it's transferred, word to the nurses in protective suits.

Oh you a doctor? I doubt they truly know how it's transferred, word to the nurses in protective suits.

C'mon, man! You're acting like the Ebola Virus is something new. There was as similar outbreak during the 90's. This isn't the first time we've heard of this.

Last edited:
Anyone else wish we kept Tyler? He wasn't jumping out of the jumping out of the gym or doing anything to open your eyes, but he played really hard and it looked like he knew how to play in the Triangle.

I like Acy so I could deal with the Tyler loss. Any is a good glue guy to have. Tyler might have the higher ceiling though.

I like Tyler, but Acy is more of a need. I think Dalembert + Acy will make up for Tyson.

I took a couple things from the Preseason: Fisher can coach, perfect example was the 3Q last night. Not an overly talented team, but can make the playoffs if/when they click. If we play consistent defense, we are going to be tough to beat once the offense starts to roll.

I think we could potentially win 45 games depending on how they pick up the triangle. We're not that untalented. Once things get going we could rip off 8 wins a row easy.

Thats Jen Selter. My boy ****** her sister in high school :smokin :lol:

I'm in love with the instagram thot Klay is simping over though.

Last edited:
I like Acy so I could deal with the Tyler loss. Any is a good glue guy to have. Tyler might have the higher ceiling though.

agreed. acy has the tenacity that tyler doesnt though. i think tyler has more potential, but acy already knows what his role is gonna be on a team. he's gonna play D and crash the boards. tyler looked kinda confused at times.

he got cut by the lakers btw, so phil should sign him and send him to the dleague just in case someone gets injured.

I like the Acy trade. Gave us a guy that'll play defense, crash the boards, and give 100% every night. Something we didn't have last season.

Back
Top Bottom