2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

lol doubt Houston wants Calderon. All those PGs in the West, you need someone who can guard them.

we could speculate all we want. and somewhat 'believe' in all these rumours.
but no one has predicted the moves that Phil has made so far.

even though we really need help in every position, im hoping we get
-scoring 3 & D 1/2 guard
-a defensive 4/5
-a backup for Melo

Quiet night for the Knicks.

Aminu gone, didn't want him here so pretty happy.

Beverly would be great addition. Not sure what his contract is.

Haven't run through his numbers yet and i doubt Knicks have even considered it but: Kyle Oquinn seems like an under the radar dude that could be super productive

EDIT: he's from NY

Last edited:
Beverly would be gold for NY. Us Knick fans love a blue collar worth ethic. He's also greatly improved his 3pt shooting last season.
He should also be pretty cheap being he got hurt towards the end of the season.

I'm all for Beverly and Grant but I don't see Calderon scrub *** accepting a 3rd string role

Last edited:
Yea we gotta excommunicate Calderon asap. I think teams will be interested in him also. It's all about what we can possibly get back in his return. I'm pretty sure it will be a more low caliber player.

Just heard Danny green asking around 12 mill. Smh

Since Knicks are rumored to sign Monroe and Afflalo, here's some information from ESPN's Amin Elhassan's Top 30 FA. No Afflalo on the list. Shumpert is ranked at 28 over Afflalo. Disrespect. :lol:

No. 11 Greg Monroe | C

Last team: Detroit Pistons
2014-15 salary: $5.5 million
Suggested AAV: $16.0 million/year ($64.0 million over four years)
FA status: Unrestricted free agent

Monroe took the ultimate gamble last year, choosing to bet on himself by taking the qualifying offer and testing unrestricted free agency. The good news: He performed well, posting career highs in scoring and rebounding. The bad news: He did nothing to dispel the notion that he's not a good enough shooter (even from midrange) to play a reliable role away from the basket. The worst news: There's a flood of bigs on the market, and almost every one of them is a much more reliable defender. As the game transitions away from back-to-the-basket play, how do we value Monroe's old-school game, especially in light of his defensive deficiency? Sixteen million dollars a year might not be the big money he was looking for, but it's also probably more than I'd feel comfortable paying him.

Last edited:
I'd definitely take Corey Brewer. Master cherry picker and good defender.

Brewer off the bench is something I'll be cool with.

dude is a blue collar guy like beverly. i wouldnt mind having both on the squad at a good price. a PG rotation of bev, grant, and caldo would be pretty nice. id rather get rid of caldo's contract, but the vet can mentor the young guys if we cant move him.

beverely would be cool here but i dont think houston will let him go since they also need a pg plus hes retricted anyway which he will get matched regardless

Ok good, with that being said do you guys think we need them both? Who would start?

i dont see grant starting day one. if we still have caldo, i think he'll start just purely based off of his experience with the offense from last season. well.....the little experience he had on the court.

Back
Top Bottom