2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

So, Afflalo, Danny Green, Robin Lopez, Wes matthews & mutual interest w/ Beverly ?

Phil reads this thread.

Ill be more than happy with Grant & Beverly as our PG and back up PG, both defensive and selfless guards. Grant has great court vision and can score and Beverly is a pest on D

Last edited:
Caldo would be a good fit in Houston as a cerebral 3 point shooting PG. Harden does the majority of the ball handling anyway so it could work. Maybe we can talk Houston into a S&T of Caldo for Beverly if Beverly's contract is longer than Caldos (or else it just wouldnt make sense for them) and we offer to throw in someone like Cleanthony Early.

I would do that honestly. Even though I do like Clea off the bench and think he can/will develop into a nice player. I dont like the idea of giving up on him so early (lol), especially because I think he should have easily went first round last year. Especially if they had gotten past Kentucky and made more of a run, which was the game of the tournament and Clea was ******* unstoppable. But the upgrade of Bev over Caldo would make it worth it for me.

Bev/Jerian would be a hell of a defensive PG rotation from day 1 and both can hit from deep. So it would be sad to see Clea go, because I like his game and he is a NY kid who loves being a Knick, but if that is the price we need to pay than so be it...

Even though Clea just got a Knicks tat on his stomach this summer. SUCH a bold/outrageous move as a rookie 2nd round pick, you just have to respect it 
roll.gif
pimp.gif

But if we cant get rid of Calderon, I dont want to use our cap space to sign another PG like Beverly. We need that $ to address other needs and I cant see Calderon being here and riding the bench so the logjam would only take away minutes from NBA-ready Jerian, and potentially hinder his development.

So I like Beverly but only if we move Calderon.

Last edited:
Just watching SportsCenter on ESPN3.

Beverly is projected to make $10 mill per year. o_O

The best part about reading Herring articles at work is that he writes for WSJ so it looks like I am working 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

@Chris_Broussard: Sources: Danny Green has agreed to a 4 year, $45 million deal with the Spurs

:smh: :smh:

Aminu, Danny Green, Dragic, Middleton, Millsap, Brook Lopez, Thad Young, J. Butler , Marc Gasol

David Aldridge: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies owner Robert Pera working out details on new contract today in Barcelona, per source.

Goran Dragic and the Miami Heat have agreed upon a five-year, $90 million contract.

Khris Middleton and the Milwaukee Bucks are close to agreement on a five-year, $70 million deal.

Paul Millsap and the Orlando Magic met immediately when free agency began and he was offered a four-year, $80 million max contract.

Chicago Bulls star Jimmy Butler is giving consideration to accepting the franchise's offer of a five-year maximum contract, league sources told RealGM.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA: The Nets have agreements now: Thad Young (4 years, $50M) and Brook Lopez (3 years, $60M). Both deals w/ player option.

And oh yea... Anthony Davis lol
Anthony Davis has agreed upon a five-year, $145 million contract extension with the New Orleans Pelicans.

Last edited:
Looks like Knicks might be forced to overpay Monroe, Afflalo, Beverley or other players.

Gery Woelfel: Told @Wesley Matthews has keen interest in the Knickerbockers and vice versa.

Ken Berger: In addition to Blazers, the Lakers, Knicks and Bucks are in line to meet with Greg Monroe and agent David Falk today in D.C., per source.

There's still hope ****** lol

Scott Cacciola: Just spoke to Luke Ridnour, who had a starring role in run-up to free agency. Said he’s had trouble remembering which team has his contract.

:lol:

Last edited:
if the price is the same I'm going with wes 10 out of 10 times. much better player overall. the only issue is his achilles but i rather gamble on him than afflalo for the same price.

**** it just give Wes the 15 a yr and sign Lopez with whatever's left and call it a day. Free Agency is scressful

Ah, I thought he had a knee problem.

Let's hope Phil makes moves today. I doubt it. He's a patient man. We have to wait for a while.

Back
Top Bottom