2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

All defensive big men get paid. Asik, Hibbert, Tyson, Gortat, Tiago etc

My only thing with Monroe is that he would make our defense 10x worse. We'd have to have Pat Beverly, Tony Allen backcourt to cover up for Melo, Porzingis, Monroe.

Last edited:
Would give that whole 7.3 to Beverly and bump his salary a couple mill every year for 3 years. 3 years 27 mill

@BobbyMarks42: NYK will a little over $7.3m in room plus Room ML (2.8M) to add more pieces. Roughly $30m in room for 2016-17.

we're in pretty good shape
This is what I'm hopeful for. I feel like we've heard about the cap supposedly jumping every year, but it never really did...hopefully it does next year.

You can't force a player to be where he don't want to be. (Monroe)

- So even if we spend most of our $ now, we'll have room for one more cap next offseason ?
- KD next year is either 1-OKC, 2-Wiz though. Not sure how much of an impact Fisher or Phil can make to change that.

From this point on we need to be competitive to convince a star that we're only a piece or two away.

@BobbyMarks42: NYK will a little over $7.3m in room plus Room ML (2.8M) to add more pieces. Roughly $30m in room for 2016-17.

2016-2017

R. Lopez
Melo
Porzingis
KD
Grant

Last edited:
All defensive big men get paid. Asik, Hibbert, Tyson, Gortat, Tiago etc

My only thing with Monroe is that he would make our defense 10x worse. We'd have to have Pat Beverly, Tony Allen backcourt to cover up for Melo, Porzingis, Monroe.
Sign Monroe and do what ? Let Porzingis rot on the bench and "learn" his first year ? Absolutely not. Greg Monroe is a turnstyle on the defensive end and the 16 and 10 he gives you is not enough to ignore that along with stagnating the development of your #4 overall pick. DJ/Lopez are perfect compliments to Melo and Zinger's games and that's all I can ask for.

Y'all foul as hell man 
laugh.gif

Lopez Splits:

1-------------------$12,053,571-----$12,053,571
2-------------------$13,017,857-----$25,071,429
3-------------------$13,982,143-----$39,053,571
4-------------------$14,946,429-----$54,000,000

In Phil We Trust

I'm glad we got Robin Lopez. Fans are going to love him.

Last edited:
Once we get over some of Phils early mistake, which in my opinion was only the Bargnani trade. Cant fault him for the Chandler trade cause Chandler wanted to dip, and only somewhat for the JR smith and Iman trade cause we shouldve received 1 first round pick.... We got a first for THJR but only a second for JR & Iman..

but whatever looking past that we had a pretty good offseason so far

Last edited:
I'd be cool with Gerald Green or Beverly and definitely Belinelli if we can get him. Do not want Brewer back here.

I seriously cannot believe how many people want Deandre Jordan in here.

If ya'll were complaining about Tyson Chandler offensively when he was here, Dj would be even worse and at a full max contract no less :x
Did we ever really complain about Tyson on offense like that? We knew he was pretty much useless there and would time to time highlight that. If anything he'd get it for missing dunks and living and dying with his tip back artistry instead of rebounding.

Last edited:
Marco Belinelli Agrees To Three-Year, $19M Deal With Kings
JUL 3, 2015 3:05 PM

Marco Belinelli and the Sacramento Kings have agreed upon a three-year, $19 million deal.

The Kings previously targeted Wesley Matthews, who agreed to sign with the Dallas Mavericks.

The Golden State Warriors and Charlotte Hornets were also interested in Belinelli.

Back
Top Bottom