2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

I'm still trying to figure out how the knicks only got a future second rounder for shump and jr when shump just signed for 10mil a year..

I mean....did you wanna pay him? I can shoot better than shump. Like I'm not even tryna talk ****. I would NEVER want shump for $40mil unless it was a 10 year contract with a team option after the first.

I heard a rumor that the Clippers are trying to ship Jamal Crawford off, someone in this thread may get their wish...

Do it Phil. Use our trade exception. We need a scorer to back up a waffle.

I'd take a shot at Gerald Green if he took what we could offer.

We need a wild card like him. Athletic, can get his own shot, can rebound, streaky from 3 but can be a 14-15 point guy.

Melo gotta win the scoring title if the knicks even fight for a playoff spot with the current roster. Thats not good for business.

Last edited:
Derrick Williams is just another body, low-risk, don't really care about the signing. I wish he was a low risk SG or low risk C instead of tweener forward, but oh well.

Also, I don't think we get the MLE or Bi-Annual if we're under the cap, correct me if I'm wrong.

So it is what it is. Hopefully we're competitive, Porzingis can get accustomed sooner than later so he can get the experience he'll need, everyone stays healthy so we see what this team could look like. 

I'm mad we didn't give acy the qualifying offer. We should also bring back Jason smith. He's money from mid range.

Derrick Williams is just another body, low-risk, don't really care about the signing. I wish he was a low risk SG or low risk C instead of tweener forward, but oh well.

Also, I don't think we get the MLE or Bi-Annual if we're under the cap, correct me if I'm wrong.

So it is what it is. Hopefully we're competitive, Porzingis can get accustomed sooner than later so he can get the experience he'll need, everyone stays healthy so we see what this team could look like. 

we don't, we get a $2.8M room exception tho

Last edited:
Our ideal bench would be
Nate
Crawford
Elligton
acy
Smith

We can still back out of williams! Lol aint sign **** yet.

I dont know **** about our cap room or money left over. Odds we can pull this off?

Last edited:
I did forget to mention, I don't think he's really worth that contract 
laugh.gif
 I'll have to "Trust Phil"

After Derrick Williams signed on, I made a joke to a buddy about how the Knicks have become the waste land of former top 3 picks who try and rekindle their careers in NYC... then I started formulating a mental list... who else am I missing?

- Derrick Williams
- Bargneezus
- Tyson Chandler
- Kenyon Martin
- Stevie Franchise
- B Diddy
- Melo
- Mike Bibby
- Chauncey Billups
- Camby
- McDyess
- Jason Kidd

Crazy that Chauncey, Chandler, Melo, Kenyon Martin were all on the one squad that was BUILT to beat Miami that year :smh:

After Derrick Williams signed on, I made a joke to a buddy about how the Knicks have become the waste land of former top 3 picks who try and rekindle their careers in NYC... then I started formulating a mental list... who else am I missing?

- Derrick Williams
- Bargneezus
- Tyson Chandler
- Kenyon Martin
- Stevie Franchise
- B Diddy
- Melo
- Mike Bibby
- Chauncey Billups
- Camby
- McDyess
- Jason Kidd

Crazy that Chauncey, Chandler, Melo, Kenyon Martin were all on the one squad that was BUILT to beat Miami that year :smh:

We gotta let the team with depth, defensive player of the year,6th man of the year, undefeated against the Miami Heat, 2nd seed Knicks go. Crazy how JR played so well that season & Felton did as well. All those vets we had, too. SHEEED WALLACE....Sigh. Here's to better days, guys.

Last edited:
Would've rather them gave that money to KJ McDaniels....

That man was cooking the first half of last season. Oh, plays defense too.

Hope there was a mandatory haircut in that contract. Guy looks worse than Amar'e when he had braids.

In his 2nd year he averaged 21pts 9 Rebs per 36 min in the second half of the season. In Minnesota they ran the TRIANGLE with Kurt Rambis as the head coach who is one of our assistants now.

Back
Top Bottom